11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

FinBarcelonafan

Loan would make sense. If they see there's no space for Dembele, it makes sense to loan him till Suarez leaves.

Selling would awful. It's what people do with stocks(and why they lose their money), buy high and sell low while panicking. That's how you end up losing the most, so that's not what we should do with Dembele.

xXKonan

It won't be easy to sell him IMO not due to teams not being interested but Dembele doesn't want to leave in the first place.

You can't forcefully sell him against his will. I mean the dude destroyed any good will he had at Dortmund to move here his dream club and you think just after one season he will be easily sold? The only thing I could think of is the club generally is exploring a loan option and they don't want to sell him at all. But even that is up to Dembele if he wants to go out on loan or not.

Devils

For the record RAC1 was complete rubbish last summer.

Usually they are considered to be reliable but after the shit they reported last year I’d take it with a grain of salt.

El Flaco

The only journalist from RAC1 who spread inaccurate reports during last summer was Gerard Romero (a.k.a. OJO merchant)

Much2soon

Selling him would just prove how terrible this board.

How does a loan make sense? His biggest problem is consistency and not being able to link up with teammates. A loan does nothing to help that, in fact, it brings us back to square 1.

Even it his minutes get sacrificed next year, let him learn his teammates, language, and the system.

Givenchy

if we sell Dembele, EV should be hanged

I rarely agree with 'player power' but ffs players revolt, please get rid of this shit fucking manager

1. I don't want to watch his garbage 442 Mourinho style football
2. his management of Dembele and Semedo is shocking, Alena next
3. the guy has midtable priorities, uninspiring yes-man who commands little to no respect from the seniors

Last edited:

Total-Football

There is no smoke without fire. Truth of the matter is that Demebele is no less guilty than Valverde. If the latter is known for his notorious conservative approach to the game, then the former is also guilty for showing nothing. Despite the relatively defensive approach of Valverde let's not kid ourselves for the sake of empathy, barca still outdo opponents in possession and still pretty much more attacking minded than 99% of teams. Dembélé was started many games where he didn't impress at all save for the chealsea game, mainly because of the important goal and nothing else.

I think selling him is a good option, we panic bought him but the shitty board kind of repaired that by carefully monitoring other offensive cards, and it paid off. Griezman is a great piece of business.

Last edited:

xXKonan

There is no smoke without fire. Truth of the matter is that Demebele is no less guilty than Valverde. If the latter is known for his notorious conservative approach to the game, then the former is also guilty for showing nothing. Despite the relatively defensive approach of Valverde let's not kid ourselves for the sake of empathy, barca still outdo opponents in possession and still pretty much more attacking minded than 99% of teams. Dembélé was started many games where he didn't impress at all save for the chealsea game, mainly because of the important goal and nothing else.

I think selling him is a good option, we panic bought him but the shitty board kind of repaired that by carefully monitoring other offensive cards, and it paid off. Griezman is a great peace of business.
He is raw and has things he needs to work on since it's expected due to his age, he also has shown quality as well. It's just you are to blinded by hatred of the dude because he was brought in to replace Neymar.

Griezmann and Dembele are not even the same style of player. Griezmann should be brought in but not for Dembele but for Suarez, who has shown severe decline which was evident even last season. Suarez is not going to return back to his best years at all and he doesn't even have that hunger nor mentality anymore either.

Would be one of the dumbest deals we have ever done if we sold him. all because we need to keep ole Suarez happy. Betting all your chips on a aging and declining player like him is just asking for trouble.

Total-Football

He is raw and has things he needs to work on since it's expected due to his age, he also has shown quality as well. It's just you are to blinded by hatred of the dude because he was brought in to replace Neymar.

Griezmann and Dembele are not even the same style of player. Griezmann should be brought in but not for Dembele but for Suarez, who has shown severe decline which was evident even last season. Suarez is not going to return back to his best years at all and he doesn't even have that hunger nor mentality anymore either.

Would be one of the dumbest deals we have ever done if we sold him. all because we need to keep ole Suarez happy. Betting all your chips on a aging and declining player like him is just asking for trouble.

Well i do agree about the part on suarez. If it were up to me, i would make him our new Larsson, a back up striker in cases of emergency, because his qualities are so much distinctive in contrast with those of messi, griezman etc. There are factors that would make this difficult: it is hard to bench him because of the messi connect. And his salary is too great for a substitute.

As of Dembélé, it's not hate and i do not care about the non-barca-Neymar. I was excited when we signed Dembélé but he's a shadow of what we all expected. When you say Raw talent, that's just subjective hope you project on Dembélé. Objetive reality is that he's not good enough whenever he steps foot on the pitch.

Egert

Estonian Culé
I still believe Bartolomeu when he said that Dembele won't leave. Hopefully he is selected to World Cup and he can prove his worth to this freaking board and the mastermind Valverde.

MTL_Barca

Selling Dembele would backfire just like Salah/De Bruyne. The whole world would laugh at us. I mean just imagine how it would make us look. First the kid has to force his way out in Dortmund, we buy him for a ridiculous fee, then he is injured and our shit manager doesn't like to play him because he's not a defender and after just one season we sell him for probably far less than we bought him just to keep playing shitty 4-4-2 and old Suarez while we have to watch Dembele become a world class player somewhere else.

I couldn't take that, if that happens i'd probably have to stay away from football for a while because no matter how low my expectations of the board are they always find a way to disappoint me.

But tbh i refuse to believe that they are really dumb enough to sell a 21 yo talent they bought for more than 100M after just one season. If things go the right way he will still be a Barca player when Ernesto the coward is long gone.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

I cannot believe the board will sell him. Are we that rich that everyone can piss away 40-50million minimum? Even a loan is a mistake. If he is sold kick the board and Valverde out asap.

cro-man

He doesnt fit our system and never will? who cares! we are tooo one dimensional anyway and he is our best and only real winger. His potential is huge and he is a guy who can create and score out of nowhere even playing 90min bad. At the end goals are couting and not overall performances. We have too many of those guys who just are holding the ball and playing it safe back-/sidewards and are not able to create anything. Right now he is the best creater behind messi and coutinho with just 21 years.

krakdol

I still believe Bartolomeu when he said that Dembele won't leave. Hopefully he is selected to World Cup and he can prove his worth to this freaking board and the mastermind Valverde.

He will be in France world cup team, I'm 100 % sure of that because he showed a lot of good things when he was called. I think he'll even start at least some matches.

behindbrowneyes

Guys, it's already silly season. Already forgot the bullshit MD, Sport and others triggered last summer?

Barcelona is not known as a club giving up early on young players. Gomes and Paco are examples in recent history. Okay, Dembélé has costed much more, but also has offered more. His stats are quite good if you take his situation into consideration.
I see their point when people say we should loan him in order to get minutes. However, this kid played and lived in 3 different countries/cultures in 3 years. It's time to settle down and probably moving to another country for the 4th time in 4 years isn't good for his development either. If they want him to succeed he has to stay in Barcelona. There is no other way. He is not Denis Suárez or Munir. Guys who have talent, but are not at the required level now. Dembélé, on the other hand, is not just talented, but also on a level to offer something in big games. Of course, you won't get 10 games on the same level in a row from him, but he offered something when he played nearly everytime.
His stats speak for it's own.

I have to add that I'm myself sceptical too, but I see no reason in loaning him. If he is good enough he'll make it and the kid has the physical and technical skills to succeed. Biggest issue is on the mental side imo. Guess another French player like Griezmann will help him more than harm his development due to lesser minutes. Sure, we have Umtiti for that, but he is young himself too and a player like Antoine will have a bigger reputation in the squad than Umtiti right away. Griezmann will make the integration process easier for Dembélé, I'm sure of that.

Home of Barca Fans