11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Alik

The fact that we wanted to buy him before summer 2017. doesn't mean he wasn't a panic buy.

We tried to buy him for 15m, would we pay such amounts if it wasn't for Neymar leaving? Doubt so.

The fact that we bought someone to replace Neymar doesn't make it a panic buy.

Joan

The fact that we bought someone to replace Neymar doesn't make it a panic buy.

No, but there's a will to replace a player or strengthen the weakened team behind every panic buy.

Overpaying for a youngster and insisting on urgency because you are afraid the team is in shortage of quality after a tremendous disaster is pretty much the definition of a panic buy.

FCBfan22

The fact that we haven't bought Di Maria instead of him clarifies that he wasn't a panic buy.

We have just been shafted by Zorc and co moneywise.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Some analysts on Catalunya Radio speculating we won't see much of Dembélé in the CL even if he does well as Valverde prefers Paulinho as the 4th midfielder :thinking:

FCBfan22

Some analysts on Catalunya Radio speculating we won't see much of Dembélé in the CL even if he does well as Valverde prefers Paulinho as the 4th midfielder :thinking:

With Paulinho playing like this we won't see much of Champions League this season...

xXKonan

Paulinho had the worst match in a Barca shirt yesterday, so lets reward him with more playing time in the CL! :papaperez:

bismp

The fact that we wanted to buy him before summer 2017. doesn't mean he wasn't a panic buy.

We tried to buy him for 15m, would we pay such amounts if it wasn't for Neymar leaving? Doubt so.

Exactly.He was definitely a panick-buy.This doesn't mean that he'll certainly be a flop.But we would never have paid 100+M for a 20 year old if Neymar hadn't left.

Horatio

You're welcome
Exactly.He was definitely a panick-buy.This doesn't mean that he'll certainly be a flop.But we would never have paid 100+M for a 20 year old if Neymar hadn't left.

It's kind of a Catch 22. If Neymar didn't leave we wouldn't have the 300 mil or a reason to buy his replacement.

CatalinR10

Has to be fake since Paulinho is playing so bad atm , Dembele couldn't do any worse

xXKonan

Has to be fake since Paulinho is playing so bad atm , Dembele couldn't do any worse
My wish is for Valverde to take a step back and look at things with Paulinho and experiment more with Dembele on the right side.

But I think Valverde will stick to his guns and play Paulinho regardless of how poor he's been. For me I gave Paulinho the benefit of the doubt due to his goals early on and he could have brought something different off the bench but since he's been shoehorned in to the line up my patience with him is pretty much gone.

He was awful in the home game against Getafe, not a player I would think was the second most expensive transfer of all time. He was an obvious panic buy due to Neymar's departure I genuinely see him leaving remember the way he left Dortmund? He may spit the dummy out at Barcelona if he doesn't get more game time

Garrus

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BNTieKh6IBQ?rel=0&start=115" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Getting an applause from the GOAT himself, For that alba nutmeg :worthy:

P.S: I think this show how the captains and the rest of the team are always encouraging and showing him positive attitude, What a great environment to be in, If he doesn't thrive here, He won't anywhere.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans