11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Devils

Weren't RAC1 also reporting that Inigo Martinez, Di Maria and Coutinho were all going to be Barca players last summer?

iirc they were the ones who broke the story in mid-august that said Coutinho would be a Barca player 'in a few days' that sent everyone into a frenzy.

Rubbish media.

xXKonan

Paco Aguilar who is not the most reliable guy out there obviously, claims Dembele's entourage have talked with Barcelona about other clubs in case they were interested.

Says Dembele isn't interested in being loaned or Sold.

BBZ8800

People won't want to hear this, but...

It is obviously that EV doesn't rate him.
Secondly, it seems that even the board is open to sell or loan him.
Imo, if his next season will be meh (for standards of a 150m guy), then guys, be prepared to a sad end of this story.

I know, he is young, he is the future...
The board will just sell him and buy some new 150m dude, simple as that.

I see that some guys are saying that we never sell players after one season.
Well, here are some guys, and lots of them were superstars back then or extremely highly rated:
Quaresma, rated higher than CR7 back then. 80-100m transfer today.
Mendieta, one of the best midfielders in the world back then, aged 28
Riquelme, age 24, the next Maradona, lol
Ibrahimovic, one of the most expensive transfers back then, age 28. 150-200m transfer today.
Hleb, age 27. He would cost 40-50m today.
Chyngynskiy, age 23. He would cost 50-60m today

Some will reply: these guys were bad.
Ibra wasn't bad. He wasn't a good fit.
Quaresma wasn't a good fit.
Mendieta too.
Riquelme wasn't a good fit.

All you guys are talking about: whether he will improve or not.
Ask yourself this: even if he improves a lot, will he be a good fit to our style?

A lot of opinions say that he is a guy for counters.
And face it, we will never play counters, especially as long as Messi is here.

Imo, there is some smoke and fire in these articles.
And I won't be surprised if the board will try to cash 100m on him next summer and move to the next big thing.

Pepe Silvia

There is no smoke without fire. Truth of the matter is that Demebele is no less guilty than Valverde. If the latter is known for his notorious conservative approach to the game, then the former is also guilty for showing nothing. Despite the relatively defensive approach of Valverde let's not kid ourselves for the sake of empathy, barca still outdo opponents in possession and still pretty much more attacking minded than 99% of teams. Dembélé was started many games where he didn't impress at all save for the chealsea game, mainly because of the important goal and nothing else.

I think selling him is a good option, we panic bought him but the shitty board kind of repaired that by carefully monitoring other offensive cards, and it paid off. Griezman is a great piece of business.
"Showing nothing"

Devils

Well as things stands right now, come next summer EV wont be manager of FC Barcelona. So, even if EV doesn't rate him, it's very difficult to say whether the board will cash on him next year because the next manager might want to keep him as a player.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Loan him out until Valverde is gone. I agree that there's too much smoke for it to not be a fire. All these rumors about a loan or a sale suggest Valverde doesn't rate him or doesn't have the balls to drop Suarez for him, which means he'll be warming the bench a lot next season so not worth it.

What people don't understand is that a lot of these people are fed information by the club. Things like this doesn't leak unless the club want it to leak. Either to put pressure on a player, or a club like in Coutinho's case or to push a player out or in their way.

Last summer whenever there was talk about Gomes these same journalists would come out ASAP and report the club won't sell him. They got the information he wasn't going to go and that's exactly what happened.

In this case it seems like they're willing to let him go, whether it's a sale or loan we'll see.

Also, this is not just info from Barcelona. There was info from France from a very reputable source about Dembele possibly leaving too even if he doesn't necessarily want to.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

From the pure sporting view, Suarez should be gone before this guy. If we indeed play with Suarez-Messi-Griezmann next season, we will be static as fuck.

Give this guy at least a full season.

M

MessiCam

People won't want to hear this, but...

It is obviously that EV doesn't rate him.
Secondly, it seems that even the board is open to sell or loan him.
Imo, if his next season will be meh (for standards of a 150m guy), then guys, be prepared to a sad end of this story.

I know, he is young, he is the future...
The board will just sell him and buy some new 150m dude, simple as that.

I see that some guys are saying that we never sell players after one season.
Well, here are some guys, and lots of them were superstars back then or extremely highly rated:
Quaresma, rated higher than CR7 back then. 80-100m transfer today.
Mendieta, one of the best midfielders in the world back then, aged 28
Riquelme, age 24, the next Maradona, lol
Ibrahimovic, one of the most expensive transfers back then, age 28. 150-200m transfer today.
Hleb, age 27. He would cost 40-50m today.
Chyngynskiy, age 23. He would cost 50-60m today

Some will reply: these guys were bad.
Ibra wasn't bad. He wasn't a good fit.
Quaresma wasn't a good fit.
Mendieta too.
Riquelme wasn't a good fit.

All you guys are talking about: whether he will improve or not.
Ask yourself this: even if he improves a lot, will he be a good fit to our style?

A lot of opinions say that he is a guy for counters.
And face it, we will never play counters, especially as long as Messi is here.

Imo, there is some smoke and fire in these articles.
And I won't be surprised if the board will try to cash 100m on him next summer and move to the next big thing.
I don’t care much about Ibrahimovic, Mendieta or Quaresma but Riquelme was a fantastic player. A player who saw the game and potential plays seconds before anybody else. He was the quintessential enganche. I don’t think I have ever seen a hook of his kind... Maybe Aimar but I still think Riquelme is better due to his vision.

That van Gaal didn’t like him and fucked him over by playing him on the wing is one of this clubs biggest failures. He singlehandedly dragged Villarreal to European spots in La Liga and put on a clinic in the 2005/06 Champions League.

And all [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] can say is “lol”.

Edit: More than half of Barcelona’s goals this season have been scored on transitions but according to [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] we will never play counter attacks while Messi is here. Come on man.

Last edited:

Givenchy

Loan him out until Valverde is gone. I agree that there's too much smoke for it to not be a fire. All these rumors about a loan or a sale suggest Valverde doesn't rate him or doesn't have the balls to drop Suarez for him, which means he'll be warming the bench a lot next season so not worth it.

What people don't understand is that a lot of these people are fed information by the club. Things like this doesn't leak unless the club want it to leak. Either to put pressure on a player, or a club like in Coutinho's case or to push a player out or in their way.

Last summer whenever there was talk about Gomes these same journalists would come out ASAP and report the club won't sell him. They got the information he wasn't going to go and that's exactly what happened.

In this case it seems like they're willing to let him go, whether it's a sale or loan we'll see.

Also, this is not just info from Barcelona. There was info from France from a very reputable source about Dembele possibly leaving too even if he doesn't necessarily want to.

how about we fucking sack the useless cunt of a manager and bring in someone who plays attacking football so Dembele, Griezmann and Messi can flourish. i don't understand why people think giving EV power is a good idea, the guy will reduce us to Mourinho's United in a few years.

Dembele shouldn't be sold/loaned under any circumstance, Suarez and Gomes should be first out the door.. i couldn't give a shit if he's Messi's best friend, this isn't a damn reitiring home. funny how people want Alena promoted.. what for exactly? do people really believe EV will actually give him game time? :Lol: he'll be loaned out like the rest of our youth within 2 seasons

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Some people here are seriously considering OD11 to leave. Madness.

The club is the one that is talking to other teams about a move according to his entourage.

What's better: A loan or him warming the bench the entire next season with Suarez, Messi and Griezmann undroppable and Valverde lacking any personality to make any major changes?

Even Lucho would bench Pique or Rakitic, but all these senior players and stars are now guaranteed a starting spot regardless of how they perform.

khaled_a_d

The club is the one that is talking to other teams about a move according to his entourage.

What's better: A loan or him warming the bench the entire next season with Suarez, Messi and Griezmann undroppable and Valverde lacking any personality to make any major changes?

Even Lucho would bench Pique or Rakitic, but all these senior players and stars are now guaranteed a starting spot regardless of how they perform.

What did his entourage say?

Pepe Silvia

What makes Griezmann automatically undroppable? For all we know EV will make major changes that involve a more favorable set up for OD. What we do know is EV had a rapidly declining midfield and needed to play a certain style to get us the results. If we tried to play high octane 4-3-3 with this line up (read play Dembele where he'd thrive) we would not have won a double. With more options, I don't buy the get Dembele out of set up to sacrifice Suarez rumors one bit.

Home of Barca Fans