11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

You've said plenty of times you wished Messi goes to City and not rot here.

Now, after league double is close and CL semis are realistic, you are pissing away as if all this is normal and expected.

Never "wished" for Messi to go to City. The only people that genuinely wanted that were Messi fans first and foremost. I said I would've understood if he left considering the state the club and the board was in at that time.

I commend Valverde for coming into a very difficult situation and getting results, but I haven't been very impressed with our actual play this season. The difference between us and Chelsea was that we had Messi and they didn't. We were hardly better then them as a team over two legs and apart from our third goal in the 2nd leg when the match was already dead all our goals came from individual errors from Chelsea players. In terms of pure performance Chelsea equaled if not bettered us.

Keep in mind Madrid capitulated in league this season and while Atleit are playing well they were never going to truly challenge us. We also never played Madrid or Atleti in the Copa. Valverde has exceeded expectations and I will be the first to admit I had very low expectations coming into this season, but let's have some context.

Let's hope Valverde and the team keeps winning because losing while playing the way we're playing won't be tolerable.

M

MessiCam

Never "wished" for Messi to go to City. The only people that genuinely wanted that were Messi fans first and foremost. I said I would've understood if he left considering the state the club and the board was in at that time.

I commend Valverde for coming into a very difficult situation and getting results, but I haven't been very impressed with our actual play this season. The difference between us and Chelsea was that we had Messi and they didn't. We were hardly better then them as a team over two legs and apart from our third goal in the 2nd leg when the match was already dead all our goals came from individual errors from Chelsea players. In terms of pure performance Chelsea equaled if not bettered us.

Keep in mind Madrid capitulated in league this season and while Atleit are playing well they were never going to truly challenge us. We also never played Madrid or Atleti in the Copa. Valverde has exceeded expectations and I will be the first to admit I had very low expectations coming into this season, but let's have some context.

Let's hope Valverde and the team keeps winning because losing while playing the way we're playing won't be tolerable.
This is the gist of it for me. I’ve made this point in the Valverde thread.

Without the results we have nothing.

It’s a difficult concept for some because of the results but they should just look at Manchester United’s situation.

FinBarcelonafan

:lol: How can you take the spot in Semi-finals as some kind of a sure thing. We 'll need him performing well to go to semis

Exactly. If we go out and play vs Roma with this attitude, we will be out of the CL. There's no guarantee in CL. Look at how much RM struggled vs these easy teams last few years. Good example what not to do.

God Serena

Exactly. If we go out and play vs Roma with this attitude, we will be out of the CL. There's no guarantee in CL. Look at how much RM struggled vs these easy teams last few years. Good example what not to do.

Real Madrid? Struggle against easy teams?

Easy teams like Roma are the reason Madrid is so damn dominant in the CL.

JamDav1982

Don’t see Liverpool good enough defensively to stop city

Likewise with City though. Will they be good enough to stop Liverpool.

Would not pay too much attention to the 5-0 league win Liverpool although 1-0 down were better team in that game until the red card.

Be interesting to see if Pep tailors his approach a bit to meet them.

barcafan161

Likewise with City though. Will they be good enough to stop Liverpool.

Would not pay too much attention to the 5-0 league win Liverpool although 1-0 down were better team in that game until the red card.

Be interesting to see if Pep tailors his approach a bit to meet them.
city may give away chances but they are much improved defensively

Hence why they have the best defensive record in the PL

Joan

I think Liverpool had a good draw. Not counting Sevilla, Roma... City are one of the teams who won't change their gameplan, who won't come with a defensive setup.
Vs. United they were toothless.

Home of Barca Fans