11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Laplacian

I do think he has it in him to become clinical in front of goal. I suspect with him it's more of a mental block rather than lack of technique. Should improve as he feels more at home at the club and among the players.

His technique is incredible, that's for sure. He panicked and shot it blindly instead of aiming it before shooting. Composure's definitely one of the things he has to work on.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Henry was shit at finishing early on in career. He then became deadly. He mastered the finishing in training.
Messi also improved alot in his finishing.

Dembele needs a special coach training. IF Dembele can improve he can be just as lethal. He has the composure to learn.

This isn't a munir or paco we talking about.
Henry always had good finishing. He was a striker in his youth. However, he was shifted to the left wing early in his career at Monaco, so they could make use of his pace. It's where he played at Juventus too, which is why he struggled.

Donatello

Coutinho was a horrible finisher when he first came to europe, not saying dembele will end up like him but finishing is much easier to work on than dribbling/ passing imo.

IIRC, One of the reasons why we didn't sign Asensio was because of his poor finishing. Now, he is one of the best finishers at RM.

BBZ8800

Henry was shit at finishing early on in career. He then became deadly. He mastered the finishing in training.
Messi also improved alot in his finishing.

Dembele needs a special coach training. IF Dembele can improve he can be just as lethal. He has the composure to learn.

This isn't a munir or paco we talking about.

Henry, aged 22, scored 17 goals in 34 matches for Arsenal in his debut EPL season.
17 EPL goals and 26 in all competitions for Arsenal.
And Barcelona is more attacking and dominant than Arsenal.

Messi, even though it is dumb to compare anyone with Messi, was equally as old as Dembele today, in Pep's first season, 2008-09.
Messi in Dembele's age scored 38 goals in 51 match for Barca.

He will improve and score some amount of goals but he probably won't be killer finisher.

Currently Malcolm looks less technical, but more lethal finisher.

Joan

I didn't like his performance. Was his usual self.

I'd prefer to see Malcom start a game or two.

Maxim4

Had a w.e. game. we payed a pretty penny for a player in dembele who was a system babby under tuchel at dortmund that does not fit our style of play. Coutinho did more after moving to lw than Memebele did all game. Either valverde plays him on the right where he could hopefully play better, or start playing malcolm who sadly isn't much better
Dembélé has enormous potential and enormous margin of progression like Messi at 18-19 years old (I'm not saying he will be at Messi's level)!

Pepe Silvia

The way I see it, Dembele is being tried out wide on the left to allow for a:

OD - Messi - Malcom

This will be a backup for the current set up with Suarez as striker in case he doesn't regain form.

Yannik

He played his 25th game, which means Barca is going to pay Dortmund a €5m bonus.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans