11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
@Maxim4 tell Ousmane to stop being so immature, and please tell him to pay for him wrecking the house of that old poor landlord.

You're his friend afterall.

Maxim4

@Maxim4 tell Ousmane to stop being so immature, and please tell him to pay for him wrecking the house of that old poor landlord.

You're his friend afterall.

Do you have pictures of Dembele destroying a house in Germany or photos of Dembele while driving the titanic before the shock?

George_Costanza

Do you have pictures of Dembele destroying a house in Germany or photos of Dembele while driving the titanic before the shock?

He left a note on the wall with his nickname

kexnsepvxpk433y0oqur.jpg

Cule4life

The Culest
First of all, it's funny that you're only using his Budesliga accuracy from two years ago, and not his UCL accuracy from the same season (74, still not crazy high but 7 points higher than the number you used), or from last world cup (84.4), or even from La Liga and UCL this season (between 80 and 81%). All that to point out his alleged "sloppiness" in "basics".

Second of all, your whole demonstration is just over-simplification. You said a couple days earlier that stats didn't mean everything and that they should be used with caution. Yet, you're not doing that at all. Dembele is a winger who gives a lot of crosses. That's his playstyle: he dribbles and then cross most of the time. Now, even the best wingers in the world won't be able to get a 100% accuracy in crosses, because sometimes your cross is good but your striker can't reach it, either because he was late in the box, or because the defender was better than him. Judging crosses like you judge a simple pass to your wing back is complete nonsense, and so is saying that every third pass of his in Bundesliga was a "bad" pass (or, at the very least, it's an oversimplification, as I said). That's why serious databases actually separate crosses from "regular" passes. Hence the fact that this low PA (for one season, in one particular league) doesn't necessarily mean anything just by itself.

But since you like using whoscored, riddle me this: how come Dembele got the best ratings of his team in Bundesliga (7.44) in 16/17, and the 3rd best of his team in UCL (1st and 2nd being two guys who played approximatively 1 and 4 games, while Dembele played almost 9), if he's so sloppy and bad ? I mean, surely, the fact that he keeps on screwing every ball he receieved except for the occasional stroke of genius should have ruined his rating ? Better yet, how come such a terrible player was the 3rd most used in UCL by his coach ? And the 7th most used in Bundesliga, where he got 5 MotM according to whoscored, more than any other Dortmund player ? All of that at 19 years old ?

I mean, I get that you hate the kid, but seriously, trying to shit on him by using his Dortmund season is not the smartest move.

giphy.gif

Home of Barca Fans