11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Zidane82

Do you know that Romario played only 18 Months for Barca and then left a club after 100s of controversies and a fight with Cruijff?
He went back to Brasil for 1 year, returned to Spain again (to Valencia), played 6 matches and said: fuck this shit, I am going back to Brasil and parties again.

So, your post makes sense in terms that our media would jump on Romario also (for a reason).
On the other hand, no one should want to copy a behavior of Romario.
That was the worst professional ever at Barca.

He managed to play a serious European football for 18 Months and additional 6 matches :lol:
What a guy.

I recall reading at the time that Romario had had enough with football and bought his OWN contract out !!

Don't know how true that was ...

Zidane82

I'm thinking we won't keep him tbh Luckily we have Malcom to come in then put Dembele's cash towards the two Ajax lads !?

BBZ8800

I recall reading at the time that Romario had had enough with football and bought his OWN contract out !!

Don't know how true that was ...

There are stories that Romario played well only in his first season.
But even then, he wanted to party all the time.
He was travelling to Brasil often (like Neymar) and some sources says that he was out in bars almost every night.

One story says that he asked Cruijff to let him go to Rio to carneval.
Cruijff said: you can go, only if you score two goals.
Romario scored 2 and gestured to Cruijff right away during the match: can I go now, my plain is leaving in an hour? :lol:

Then we were heavily beaten in 1994's final of a CL by Milan 4:0 in Athens.
Romario barely touched the ball in a final, Cruijff was arrogant before a final saying that we were sure winners and we entered the match without any tactics, the coach said: go out and enjoy yourselves on a field.

Romario won a WC in USA 94' that summer and stopped caring about football after that.
He became even more famous and it was all about money, partying and a different woman every night for him after that.

6 Months into a 94/95 season, he left a team, after only 18 Months here.

He was a great footballer, but if you aren't a good professional:
1. you will either never reach your potential (Neymar, Adriano, Balotelli)
2. or you will reach your potential, but your top level career will last for only 2-3-4 years (Romario and Ronaldinho)

I have seen some posts here: he is our 2nd best player, we shouldn't punish him.
Well, without punishments and changes in behavior, his career (no matter how talented) will go downhill quite soon.

Last edited:

Judoman

I don t think Ronaldinho even reached his potential. Without partying he would have had a chance to match Messi s production and consistency. He was closest
to him talent vise as any player i ve seen with exception of Maradona.

Zidane82

Dembele apparently in big trouble again for being an hour or two late for training !!

Some reports that we could suspend him for a month !
Surely not !!!!!

He seems to have a good sense of humour though ...

Ousmane Dembélé just liked a tweet saying:

"Dembélé should sleep at the training centre, it's safer."

fergus90

His behaviour needs a bit of remodelling but at least he isn't a party animal. Ultimately his performances and influence on the pitch is improving all the time and that is the important thing.

That raw pace he has is such a great weapon for us.

kollegah

I don t think Ronaldinho even reached his potential. Without partying he would have had a chance to match Messi s production and consistency. He was closest
to him talent vise as any player i ve seen with exception of Maradona.

I think you did not watch R9

FCBfan22

Dembele apparently in big trouble again for being an hour or two late for training !!

Some reports that we could suspend him for a month !
Surely not !!!!!

He seems to have a good sense of humour though ...

Ousmane Dembélé just liked a tweet saying:

"Dembélé should sleep at the training centre, it's safer."

Two days in a row exactly two hours late... There were reports yesterday that we can suspend him up to a month and fine him up to 7% of his wages.

Also, trainings before CL matches are in the evening, preceeded by a press conference.

You just read yesterday's report and flipped over it :lol:

Prime Zincubus.

BBZ8800

R9 was a pure striker not creator/playmaker. Different type of player.

But i would take prime R9 in my imaginary team before CR7 on any day.

We are slightly offtopic, but I also think that Messi and R9 were the 2 most talented players ever, in terms of a pure talent.
R9, aged 20, scored 34 La liga goals in 37 matches, in 90s, when forwards were scoring 25-30 goals per season.

In his Barca's season, he was 1-2 years younger than current Sane, Dembele, Malcom, for example.

Anyway, it is always a good moment to post his video. I love how he dribbled past a poor goalkeeper in probably 50% of actions, no one is doing that anymore :lol:

ATLBarcaFan

[tw]1071789083918286848[/tw]

Says Barcelona can suspend Dembélé and his salary for two to ten days in addition to an economic fine that can reach up to 7% of the player's salary. If Barcelona consider the situation as very serious, the suspension could reach a month.

That's a brilliant idea, suspend your 2nd best player a month. We should suspend Messi a month as well, that will show the rest of the team they mean business

Gnidrologist

I love how he dribbled past a poor goalkeeper in probably 50% of actions, no one is doing that anymore :lol:
This. I started watching football seriously around the time he debuted for Barca and also followed him in Inter (liked the whole Inter team at the time) and thought that doing this was usual for technical forwards, but it seems not. Maradona, Romario and Baggio loved doing that too. Messi probably could do it a lot more often too, but he is just a good boi and wont disrespect goalkeepers iguess. One more thing is R9 was the only player i know that has used stepowers to good use. Worked every time for him and wasn't just retarded showboating while standing still like R7 loul.

xXKonan

[tw]1072143104432582656[/tw]

Moisés Llorens, who is considered one of the most reliable journalists for Barcelona despite working for AS talks about how the team doesn't want the Club to harshly punish Dembele, as they feel that would hurt the team and said that Neymar had a similiar attitude to Dembele yet none of the stories ever came to light.

They believe a fine will do and want the Camp Nou to judge him instead of reports.

Judoman

We are slightly offtopic, but I also think that Messi and R9 were the 2 most talented players ever, in terms of a pure talent.
R9, aged 20, scored 34 La liga goals in 37 matches, in 90s, when forwards were scoring 25-30 goals per season.

In his Barca's season, he was 1-2 years younger than current Sane, Dembele, Malcom, for example.

Anyway, it is always a good moment to post his video. I love how he dribbled past a poor goalkeeper in probably 50% of actions, no one is doing that anymore :lol:

It s about personal taste when it comes to players at that level of talent (Messi, R9, Ronaldinho,CR7, Maradona,..) . For me personally striker/creator>striker.

Anyway, back to the topic...regarding Dembele and his mentality. If the man actually grows up, he will be top 3 player on the planet.
The problem is that human mentality usually doesn t change for the better.

Home of Barca Fans