11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

BBZ8800

I will go through this later today after work, but Der Spiegel have the transfer agreement contract between Dortmund and Barca as well as Dembele's employment contract between him and Barca obviously where it's stated his base salary is 12m euros. With the income tax rate in Catalunya anywhere between 47% to 51%, you can conclude with that Dembele's base salary at Barcelona is somewhere around 6m net.

If you've ever been around anything to do with employment contracts or even take a look at your own employment contract at the place you work, you'll see that your salary is listed as gross/brutto. Because that's what your company/employer pays out to you. They don't dictate how much you tax.

Sorry for me being a total jackass right now, but I would expect someone that's got an employment contract to know how it works. I know that not everyone here have a legal profession or work with these things, but it really should be common sense in my opinion. If not, then please do yourself a favor in case you ever land in a predicament with your place of work where you might have to go through your rights and what you signed up for, just an advice to everyone here. Also you better keep a copy of the one you signed with you at somewhere safe. You should, if not then get one right away.

Anyway, will come back to this thread later. Now please don't start discussing with me how contracts and employers list your net wages in there. That's simply inaccurate and I work with this so this time I won't have any long arguments or posts trying to argue otherwise.

The only way it's written in net wages is if the employer cover your taxes, Barcelona do NOT cover their players' taxes.

There is a question which I have asked 4-5 times already and no one on this forum was able to reply.
Do you have a list of wages for ALL of our players?
This is not a fight or anything, just a serious question since some things are off in your theory.

Look, I know from other topics that wages are shown in Net sums in Spain, and in gross in Germany (and England, iirc).
So, there is a confusion when we see 10M wages in Spanish and German papers.
Fine.

Now, let's agree that Dembele has 12M gross base wage.
And that his base wage is "only" 6M Net.

But, there are some problems with that theory:
If you look at any football leaks sites with wages, those sites are mentioning these numbers: (I have written the original sum in pounds/weekly, and calculated it in Euros *1,16 for 52 weeks/1 year).
So, the numbers are:
https://www.totalsportek.com/money/barcelona-player-salaries/

Messi 500k pounds weekly=30 Million Euros.
Now, 30M sum sounds the same as Messi's rumoured 30M Net wages, right?
Suarez 290k pounds=17,5M Euros
Coutinho 200k pounds=12M Euros
Busi 180k pounds=11M Euros
Pique 165k pounds=10M Euros
Vidal 165k pounds=10M Euros
Rakitic 150k pounds=9M Euros
Mats 90k pounds=5,4M Euros
Umtiti 75k pounds=4,5M Euros
Arthur 60k pounds=3,6M Euros

So, now, this and other sites say: Messi 30M wages.
In your opinion, is it NET or GROSS?
Iirc, Messi has around 30M Net, right?
I mean, I can't believe that numbers on this page for Messi are GROSS and that Messi, the one and only, is earning only 15M Net, while Frenkie will get 10M Net, lol.
So, numbers on this page are mentioning Messi's wages in NET sums.

Let's go further, the 2nd top earner is Suarez with a sum of 17,5M Euros per year.
If that is Net, fine.
If that is Gross, we already have a problem: why is this site mentioning Messi's wages in Net sums and Suarez's wages in Gross sums?
So, something is off already, right?

Further: Coutinho: a sum of 12M is mentioned.
My guess is that it is 12M NET, since he came only 1 year ago and we paid him 165M Euros, coming from Liverpool.
I don't believe that he has only 6M net wages.

Busi, a site says: 11M.
Again, is it Net or gross in your opinion?
If it is Gross, then we have a problem again.
Does it make sense to you that Busi, our legend, is earning only 5,5M Net, and that a new guy Frenkie will earn 10M NET and 6M in bonuses per year, up to 16M NET?
https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/the-spectacular-salary-that-frenkie-de-jong-will-earn-at-barcelona-7261996

I know that Sport is quoting Goal, but still, I guess that not all of them can be idiots and that they don't know the difference between Net and gross.
Further, since it was rumoured that Rabiot will get 10M Net from us and that he is asking for 12M, then De Jong's 10M Net seems logical, right?

Anyway, in short, do YOU or any other guy here has exact NET wages for:
1. Messi
2. Suarez
3. Coutinho
4. Busi
5. Pique

Since there are 2 problems:
1. if Suarez is on 17M Net, and Coutinho on 12M Net, then it doesn't make sense that Dembele is only on 6M Net
2. on the other hand, if all these numbers from these sites are GRoss numbers, then it again doesn't make sense that: Busi is earning 5,5M Net, Pique 5M Net, Mats 2,7M Net, Arthur 1,8M Net:
=> and that Frenkie will suddenly get 10+6M Net, and Rabiot 10M Net.

Frenkie would be the 2nd best paid player in our team, behind Messi.
And Rabiot would be the 3rd best paid player, behind Messi and Frenkie.

In short:
1. if numbers on these sites are Net (Busi 11M Net, Pique 10M Net, for example), then Dembele with 6M Net is underpaid
2. if numbers on these sites are Gross (Busi 5,5 Net, Pique 5M Net, Arthur 1,8M Net), than De Jong (10+6M Net) and Rabiot (10-12M Net) are waaaaaaaaay overpaid.
Just look at Arthur. Sites say: 60k punds weekly, or 3,8M Euros yearly. Again, if all these numbers are GROSS; that would mean that Arthur is earning 1,8M Net, Frenkie 10M Net, Rabiot 10M Net.
That again, at least in my eyes, makes zero sense.

So, one more time, once and for all, can you guys who have more infos about Barca's wages, can write NET Wages yearly for:
1. Messi
2. Suarez
3. Coutinho
4. Dembele
5. Busi
6. Pique

Some guys replied to me in the past: numbers on these sites are fake.
Fine.
Can you tell me real numbers then.
I would like to know NET wages of Busi and Pique, to compare them with Dembele's 6M Net, Frenkie's 10+6M Net, and Rabiot's 10-12M Net.
Thanks

Last edited:

El Flaco

Newspaper AS is holding a poll to find out whether Vinicius or Dembélé is the superior player :lol:

[tw]1088838850011631618[/tw]

serghei

Well, it's normal for a Madrid based paper to praise probably the best attacking player for Madrid these last weeks.

Devils

The more they hype up that kid the better.

I remember 1.5 years ago when Asensio was hailed as the new Ronaldo/Raul successor.

That worked out well.

BBZ8800

Let's hope that they will rely on him and they won't buy expensive signings.

It might work longterm, who knows?
Short term, they will have horrible results until Messi retires.

Jombi

Let's hope that they will rely on him and they won't buy expensive signings.

It might work longterm, who knows?
Short term, they will have horrible results until Messi retires.

They obviously will spend big if they have horrible results. I think Vinicius has surprised many in just how quickly he has managed to establish himself in the team, at just 18 years old.

Devils

[tw]1089922347136618501[/tw]

Dembouz already having a PROFOUND effect on La Masia. He is an IDOL of the club.

We will only develop killahs now, no more Dennis Saurez's coming through the ranks.

Also promoting #BlackExcellence in Spain, a country that has had many issues with racism.

Not only a world class player, but a world class promoter of racial equality and acceptance.

This is unprecedented impact. Never seen anything like this before.

Stunning.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans