11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Maxim4

Was just a joke.

He must learn Spanish if he want to succeed at Barcelona long-term. Stop being a dumb prick for a second and think. Once you move to a different league, different country, different language and environment the benefits of learning the local language to understand everything + your team mates outweighs not learning it.

It's frankly speaking pathetic if you don't even make an effort to learn the language, that should be the absolute minimum expected of someone. If he takes long time then that's okay. People learn differently. Some faster and some slower than others.
stop listening to the press too much. do not be stupid too.
France is a world power, Spanish is taught since primary school.
ibrahimovic spent several years in the psg, but he does not understand a word of French.
Dembele perfectly understands Spanish.
you have followed the false news too much.

Bulgroz

According to Lord Maxim it's better if all Barcelona players playing in Spain learned French rather than Dembele learning Spanish...

And people call me the troll here but say nothing about Maxim

Ah, don't worry mate, you're both terrible !

You do post approximatively 25 times more though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
stop listening to the press too much. do not be stupid too.
France is a world power, Spanish is taught since primary school.
ibrahimovic spent several years in the psg, but he does not understand a word of French.
Dembele perfectly understands Spanish.
you have followed the false news too much.

You're the one that implied that no one should be forced to learn a language. I didn't mention whether Dembele can speak Spanish or not or what level he is at, just said he has to learn it if he want to succeed here long-term.

I don't know about whether Ibra learned French or not, but the guy can speak several other languages and it's not like PSG had a team full of French speaking players when he played there if I'm not wrong.

BBZ8800

he'll probably be gone in couple of years,can't see him being here for a long time

He will be sold this summer.

12 Months ago when some fans mentioned that he is not good enough, and how he should be sold and similar, we would see 10 angry replies and insults to each of those posts.

Today, we are not even getting insults anymore for saying that Dembele is not good enough.

That says a lot.

Majority have lowered their opinion and expectations from Dembele.

Gnidrologist

He seems one of those players, who are (at least potentially) great at what they do, but all around bat fit for Barcaball. And not just because Valverde is kinda crappy coach. He wouldn't fit even under good one if we maintain the style we're used to in last decade or so. We suffer from players, who can't seem to circulate the ball quickly, think fast. Even Ronaldinho today would be criticized for slowing the play down, showboating too much and fail to track back. Ronnie barely defended and, when he did it was usually atrocious and ended with foul.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Another "controversy". Apparently Barca couldnt locate him for hour and a half when he was sick or something.

Messigician

Another "controversy". Apparently Barca couldnt locate him for hour and a half when he was sick or something.

I don't think that's a problem personally. Players dont have to be in contact 24/7.

Unless this was during working hours then theres no excuse

Kul_z

I love dembouz, but if its true what media is putting out he's a one dumb unprofessional little scumbag. I've been couple of times in barca and without any lessons i can ask on spanish or catalan for directions, order a meal, usual touristic questions and answers what would i normally in any other country ask/speak on english. I dont find it that hard, especially if you work there and love the city. God bless players like ter stegen and rakitic, professionals to the bone.

BBZ8800

He seems one of those players, who are (at least potentially) great at what they do, but all around bat fit for Barcaball. And not just because Valverde is kinda crappy coach. He wouldn't fit even under good one if we maintain the style we're used to in last decade or so. We suffer from players, who can't seem to circulate the ball quickly, think fast. Even Ronaldinho today would be criticized for slowing the play down, showboating too much and fail to track back. Ronnie barely defended and, when he did it was usually atrocious and ended with foul.

You are defending him.
I personally don't think it has to do anything with EV, Barca, any coach or how slow we play currently.
Dembele just sucks for the highest level currently.
Also, comparing him with Ronaldinho is a blasphemy.

Ronaldinho was a useful player for 90 minutes, creating, making good decisions, being a brain of a team all the time.
Dembele is good for 5 minutes and horrible in the other 85 minutes, struggling with basics of football.
Ronaldinho needed one season to make as many basic mistakes with a first touch and simple passes as Dembele is making in 90 minutes of any match.

Ronaldinho won a World cup in 2002, aged 22' and was one of key players.
Dembele, aged 22 plays as if he has an IQ of a 8 year old kid.
Further, Ronaldinho was and would have been a world class player with or without Barca.
On the other hand, my personal opinion is that Dembele will be one of those players who will fail in every big club and will eventually settle in Dortmund, Lyon or similar.
I don't see how he could be a starter long term (once when a coach and teammates figure him out) in any of big teams. (Note: Dortmund is a not a tier 1 of elite clubs).

I love dembouz, but if its true what media is putting out he's a one dumb unprofessional little scumbag. I've been couple of times in barca and without any lessons i can ask on spanish or catalan for directions, order a meal, usual touristic questions and answers what would i normally in any other country ask/speak on english. I dont find it that hard, especially if you work there and love the city. God bless players like ter stegen and rakitic, professionals to the bone.

When we signed Van Bommel on a free transfer in 2006, he has spent the whole summer in Eindhoven learning Spanish.
And when he signed for Barca and came to a presentation, he asked journos: please, speak in Spanish, not in English.
He stayed here only 1 season, but learned Spanish perfectly and tried to learn everything about Catalan culture, history etc.
I remember one interview with him where he talked about Catalan food, and trying to learn how people in Barcelona are celebrating Christmas and other holidays.
On the other hand, some players don't learn a word of Spanish in 2 years...

Seeking to strengthen his already title-winning squad, Frank Rijkaard signed Van Bommel on a free transfer for Barcelona. Van Bommel spent the summer prior to his move to Spain learning the Spanish language in a convent in Eindhoven.
His superlative performances in the Eredivisie, as well as some impressive performances in the Champions League and UEFA Cup had attracted the interest of teams from across the continent, such as Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund. Eventually, van Bommel opted to sign for FC Barcelona – one of the many teams supported by Mark at a young age – on a free transfer. Upon his unveiling at the club, van Bommel famously asked for the journalists to direct questions at him in Spanish. Prior to his move to Spain, he had been learning Spanish in a convent.

500_F_147825329_Ojf7is4cyvFivULUJzP6JxhfGwkrv0jA.jpg

Football and being a world class player, a starter in biggest clubs and being a leader, is way more than having a natural gift for shiny dribbles and passes.
If you don't have IQ, a huge motivation, if you are not 100% devoted and focused, if you are not a fighter, your career in 2020 and 2024 will be Roma, Tottenham, Lyon and similar. Not Barca and Real.

And one more time, imo, guys who think that EV is guilty are deluded.
You guys should wait for his next club.
My estimation is that he will as equally as lost, wherever he will go.
He is just a kid, not ready for top class football.
I am not saying that all 22 years old kids are not ready. But this one is surely lost and miles and miles from being ready for a biggest stage consistently.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans