11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, whatever you imagine. Best defensive record in Europe argues otherwise.

Shocking really that team that attacks 80% of time and plays high line can be countered. :facepalm: As if Pep's Barca weren't vulerable on counters.

xXKonan

Only problem I have with the double pivot of Busi-Rakitic is at times it's cut through too easily due to the lack of pace of both players.

But the system has worked well this season, much better than Lucho's zombie 4-3-3 of last season where the defense didn't have a lot of protection from the Midfield and we were creatively poor as well.

Zincubus

Banned
Only problem I have with the double pivot of Busi-Rakitic is at times it's cut through too easily due to the lack of pace of both players.

But the system has worked well this season, much better than Lucho's zombie 4-3-3 of last season where the defense didn't have a lot of protection from the Midfield and we were creatively poor as well.

Chelsea's Kante would be the perfect partner for Busqs ..

M

MessiCam

Sure, whatever you imagine. Best defensive record in Europe argues otherwise.

Shocking really that team that attacks 80% of time and plays high line can be countered. :facepalm: As if Pep's Barca weren't vulerable on counters.
That’s not the point I’m making. My point is that the double pivot leads to 1 vs 1 or 3 vs 2 situations on the counter. It’s easier for the opposition then. When you’re giving up 3/4 clear counters in one half of football then it’s time to re-evaluate.

Peps 09/10 team conceded only 24... The 10/11 team conceded only 21... Lucho’s 14/15 team conceded only 21 as well. What’s your point about the defensive record?

The notion that 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 is better defensively is crazy.

M

MessiCam

This was because we basically played with 2 CMs because Rakitic was pulled wide to cover for Messi. When Lucho switched to the 3-3-1-3 it corrected itself.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
That’s not the point I’m making. My point is that the double pivot leads to 1 vs 1 or 3 vs 2 situations on the counter. It’s easier for the opposition then. When you’re giving up 3/4 clear counters in one half of football then it’s time to re-evaluate.

Peps 09/10 team conceded only 24... The 10/11 team conceded only 21... Lucho’s 14/15 team conceded only 21 as well. What’s your point about the defensive record?

The notion that 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 is better defensively is crazy.

No it's not, it's just your opinion that 4-3-3 is better and it's based on no data.

And yeah, don't bring numbers into argument if they don't help you. We are on course to have the best defensive record in recent history, best than any Pep's Barca team ever managed. We were far more prone to counters under pep as well.

JamDav1982

The 4-3-3 used to countered as well.

There is no formation that can stop that.

Peps Barca used to try and keep the ball at all costs and then it could be a bit of mayhem defending if other team broke through midfield.

This side is more balanced and any chances should be more difficult for opposition.

It is a bit like Burnley or Atletico do. Not so bothered about giving up no chances just dont want to give up easy ones.

M

MessiCam

No it's not, it's just your opinion that 4-3-3 is better and it's based on no data.

And yeah, don't bring numbers into argument if they don't help you. We are on course to have the best defensive record in recent history, best than any Pep's Barca team ever managed. We were far more prone to counters under pep as well.
I don’t care about the data. My assessment is based on the players we have and getting the best players on the field. Players that cost a lot of money which you don’t want integrated based on this crazy notion that we’re better off defensively.

This Barça side concedes a fair few chances, more chances than any Pep Barcelona. That we’ve conceded so little is due to MaTS being on fire.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Stop making stuff up, I never said I don't want players integrated.

Pep's Barca conceded close to 30 goals, others playing 4-3-3 even 40.
You could argue we are scoring less maybe but continuing arguing against 4-2-2 because we are weaker defensively is just stupid.

Thanx for confirming you are pulling stuff from your ass as your argument has no legs to stand on other than your obsession for 4-3-3.

Btw. You're the same guy who wanted Messi to join City because Barca were dead?
Explains a lot :lol:

M

MessiCam

Stop making stuff up, I never said I don't want players integrated.

Pep's Barca conceded close to 30 goals, others playing 4-3-3 even 40.
You could argue we are scoring less maybe but continuing arguing against 4-2-2 because we are weaker defensively is just stupid.

Thanx for confirming you are pulling stuff from your ass as your argument has no legs to stand on other than your obsession for 4-3-3.

Btw. You're the same guy who wanted Messi to join City because Barca were dead?
Explains a lot :lol:
Firstly, I think you have me confused with somebody else. I never wanted Messi to leave and I never said Barça are dead. Ever. Secondly, I Don’t pull stuff out my ass because it tends to hurt.

Now let me school you. Barcelona have faced 214 shots on goal in 22 games. That’s nearly 10 per game... Eibar... Fucking Eibar has faced only 182. Man City only 174 in 27 games... Napoli also 182 in 24 games...

Peps, average conceded over 4 years was 27 goals per season. It was 35, 24, 21, 29.

Like I said, it’s a myth that we’re better defensively. MaTS is just having the season of his life.

I think you’re the one pulling stuff out your ass...

FCBfan22

Barcelona have faced 214 shots on goal in 22 games. That’s nearly 10 per game... Eibar... Fucking Eibar has faced only 182. Man City only 174 in 27 games... Napoli also 182 in 24 games...

Just one thing. I think that it's important to note that a lot of these shots are from outside the box, because MATS was known to have brainfarts during those, so the teams are trying. Unsuccessfully, though.

JamDav1982

Shots on goal is not the whole story. Been through this before.

As much as anything it is the type of chances giving away more than how many shots the other team gets.

Eibar who have conceded 34 have a better defence than Atletico who have conceded 9 and Real Madrid have a better defence than Barca?

Who knew.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Just one thing. I think that it's important to note that a lot of these shots are from outside the box, because MATS was known to have brainfarts during those, so the teams are trying. Unsuccessfully, though.
It’s the same with other teams. Barça aren’t special in that regard.

PhilS

He's going to be a huge asset, whether he starts or comes off the bench. His speed entering the game when the defenders are already tired, I can't wait.

13 players will play in every big game, Dembele will be one of them. It does not make much difference who starts, all will play plenty.

Home of Barca Fans