11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

xXKonan

Nah it's BBZ being a guy who is really hard to impress.

Dembele has his work cut out for him in order to his seal of approval. :p

BBZ8800

Or you can realize BBZ will split hairs to downplay any performance a young player like Dembele puts up.

It's either

A- Other team is not motivated

B-Team looked tired

C. He only looked good because Messi and Bob didn't play.

If he had a good game from the start.

A. Team is garbage

B. They were tired from the last match they played.

C. They left so much space that even Vidal would look good.

I mean BBZ can make some good points but there's so many cases where he literally does everything in his power to nitpick and dowplay performances making it looking like he really doesn't give two shits about young talented players. :lol:

Look, I am at least congruent.

If I hated and whined against Neymar for years, from the small Dembele's sample, there is no reason to change my mind.
They are quite similar type of players.
Except that Neymar was annoying as a person and had fights with everyone (opponents, teammates, referees).

Dembele seems like a likeable guy, but in terms of football, he seems to be a Neymar No2.
A talented dribbler, winger. Who for now has some of the same flaws as Neymar.

What is "worse", current Dembele is way weaker player than Neymar from 2017, less experienced, with weaker decisions.
And even worse, his playing area clashes with Messi's.

Someone said a few pages ago that I hate all wingers.
Well, I don't have or didn't have any problems with Ronaldinho, Messi, Figo (sorry everyone).
So, it is not about wingers.
It is more about wingers who disrupt midfield/team's balance and who aren't efficient.

Dembele will buy me if a team will play way better when he is on a field (compared to 11 players when he is not on a field), which is not a case till now.
Plus, if he'll be good in terms of end product like assists, pre assists, goals.

Anyway, I also feel bad to be negative about this kid, but we'll need some negative opinions also, because his situation is not as shiny as majority on this forum think.
As said before:
1. how will he play with Messi and Roberto on a field (on a right flank)
2. will a team lose our awesome midfield and defensive balance when Paulinho/Gomes will go out in order to make room for Dembele
3. decisions
4. end product

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] is going to be one hell of a demanding father in law. That's for sure.

Are you a doctor, paid very well, a good nice moral person, never been in a trouble with the law and don't smoke or drink?

Well, you still did that one thing 7 years ago so.....

:pep:

Horatio

You're welcome
At this point I just read BBZ's posts as thoughts-experiments. In this case: "What if Dembele will suck contrary to popular opinion?"
I think on his part it is a healthy attitude to keep expectations in check. But you already admitted that this is your opinion based on too small of a sample. Very unacademic of you. I am disappoint.

Horatio

You're welcome
Anyway, I also feel bad to be negative about this kid, but we'll need some negative opinions also, because his situation is not as shiny as majority on this forum think.
As said before:
1. how will he play with Messi and Roberto on a field (on a right flank)
2. will a team lose our awesome midfield and defensive balance when Paulinho/Gomes will go out in order to make room for Dembele
3. decisions
4. end product

This part strikes me as weird. You talk about negative opinions but what you are doing is just doomsday-thinking. You are listing possible problems and then present them as if true already or sure to happen. I could add to that list 5. gets hit by a car tomorrow 7. becomes best buds with Neymar 8. Develops sudden desire to play in China and decides to act on it.

For someone trying to sound like a realist you come off awfully a lot as a pessimist.

I do appreciate your posts though. Barcaforum wouldn't be same.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans