11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

MTL_Barca

Yes it does wages are an expense

But they are not "lost". That calculation completely ignores the fact that we got/get something back for that money. Players otherwise don't just appear from thin air and play for free, there will always be expenses at a football club.

Only real "lost" wages would be for example what we paid Douglas because he pretty much never contributed anything and was basically paid for nothing while Dembele played plenty of games for us. These wages might be too high but it's not like the money just disappeared, we paid it so Dembele played football for us just like we pay all our players.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Sport says that if we sell Dembele, we need to pay ALL addons to Borussia (40M), lol.
So, if we sell him, we need to pay full 145M to Borussia.
https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/the-fee-which-could-stop-barca-from-selling-dembele-in-january-7158713

Also, Sport says that Arsenal and Liverpool are interested in him, but are willing to pay only 80M.
That means:
65M loss on a transfer fee (145 to 80M).
Wages 13+13M for 2 years=26M.
Taxes paid for Dembele's wages=13+13=26M.

Spent in 2 years: 197M.
Money returned: 80M.
Loss in 2 years=117M.

So, when some of you guys are selling a story next time about "a good resell value" of young players, remember this case.
We lost 117 Millions in 24 Months, lol.

We won't sell him just yet, that's your wishful thinking.

MTL_Barca

Normally. but when they are huuuge and the player contributes to nothing, they become part of the problem.

Sure, but if someone wants to proof a point with numbers its stupid to just include wages as "lost" money like it just disappeared without us getting anything for it.

Even with his long injury he played more than 2000 minutes for Barca, with 20 scorers. That might not be amazing considering his price but nobody can deny that it definitely is a contribution and we usually pay our players.

clemente

What the fuck is this thread? Nobody knows ANYTHING about his work in trainings, or literally just anything about him. I don't believe you can be in his situation and be unmotivated, I blame the club for this, it always comes off as a toxic environment, I'm sure he would explode under Pep or Klopp.

Joan

What the fuck is this thread? Nobody knows ANYTHING about his work in trainings, or literally just anything about him. I don't believe you can be in his situation and be unmotivated, I blame the club for this, it always comes off as a toxic environment, I'm sure he would explode under Pep or Klopp.

What exactly do you blame the club for if 'one doesn't know anything'?

FCB1987

Banned

Dembele doesn't have the skill or intelligence to work for Pep and Liverpool's attack has looked nothing special this season even with players far better than Dembele.

henias

Dembele doesn't have the skill or intelligence to work for Pep and Liverpool's attack has looked nothing special this season even with players far better than Dembele.

Didnt look this bad for Dortmund. None of the new players looked any special in Barca as well, all played due to other player's injuries. Most of them regressed since last season.

clemente

What exactly do you blame the club for if 'one doesn't know anything'?

All I know is that it is more than likely that EV does not trust him at all, ditching him in Roma game probably still stings to Dembele, and dropping him every time after a bad game is the worst thing you can do to a youngster.

Yeah and Sterling and Stones also didn't have the intelligence to work under Pep, football is a simple game, manager like that could make anyone work if they are willing to learn.

Last edited:

henias

If he could make anyone work, why has he spent 500m+ in two years to sign the right players?

Dembele's linkup play and off the ball movement simply aren't good enough for a Pep team.

Barca spent 480M in two years and still could hardly see the outcome of it. What about a 40mil winger barely played a match and expect some sort of progress? Sure. Most players regressed these 2 seasons anyway, none really shone.

clemente

If he could make anyone work, why has he spent 500m+ in two years to sign the right players?

Dembele's linkup play and off the ball movement simply aren't good enough for a Pep team.

He is only 21 and Pep is the manager that teaches exactly those things, Pep could make him work easily.

Home of Barca Fans