11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
One thing Dembele and Coutinho both were used to coming from Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool is constant movement which enabled them to find space and pick the right pass. At Barca it's the opposite :lol:

Barely any movement.

Coutinho has managed to adapt to it, but if we want to utilize the players we've signed to their full potential we need to move the ball faster with purpose and move more off the ball. Although Dembele in particular gotta improve in moving off the ball too.

Zidane82

he played a great match but sometimes... it feels like he and suarez are fighting to see who can do the worst passes

it'd be interesting to see his passing stat.

Stats are sometimes confusing ..... Messi gives the ball away more than any other Barca player ...

Zidane82

I'd appreciate if you provided us with those stats. Not that I doubt, but 'eye test' doesn't confirm that.

You're welcome to Google it ...

Why would I make it up ?

I admit to being surprised but despite making many amazing passes ( quite a few unreal ones last night ) he does give the ball away an awful lot ... usually trying sneaky short through balls or when he goes for one twos ..

Look out for them next time ...

Joan

Why would I make it up ?

I admit to being surprised but despite making many amazing passes ( quite a few unreal ones last night ) he does give the ball away an awful lot ... usually trying sneaky short through balls or when he goes for one twos ..

That's not what I meant. I know Messi's giving the ball away a lot. But (1) I'm not sure he's losing it more than Dembele, on the contrary (hence asked for your sources) (2) they lose the ball differently, Messi sending through balls and picking difficult passes, while Dembele often in solo dribbles or being dispossessed just like that.

Nothanks

Stats are sometimes confusing ..... Messi gives the ball away more than any other Barca player ...
according to https://www.whoscored.com/Players/11119/Show/Lionel-Messi
messi had a 90% pass success yesterday, dembele had 75%

in la liga its more even, which confirms my concern that his passes especially yesterday were just sloppy.. considering messi also takes more risky passes im surprised he had a high average

its not terrible but its odd

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Why would I make it up ?

Because once you say something like that you're the one supposed to give supporting evidence for something you claimed.

And since you tend to do this all the time it's also why people also want you to provide them with sources or stats.

El Flaco

Dembeles goal is brilliant, argubaly the best from UCL Matchday 1.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/qhusw/yqmxro" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Home of Barca Fans