11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

jairzinho

On paper, that France team has enough talent to match anyone in the world.

Deschamps needs to find the right balance to make that happen.

serghei

His speed is unbelievable. He's the fastest player in the world in how he runs with the ball. This guy with Messi and Suarez would be incredibly running loose on the break in space.

Ursegor

World Champion
I don't know why he plays exclusively on the right for all his teams. He will have it hard to get into many scoring positions on the right. They say he is ambidextrous but I see him dribbling with his right foot all the time. That way he can't cut in much.

snowy

His speed is unbelievable. He's the fastest player in the world in how he runs with the ball. This guy with Messi and Suarez would be incredibly running loose on the break in space.

He's super graceful as well and light on his feet. The force strong is with this young padawan

ousmane mania.jpg

Total-Football

Yeah but what did he produce.. It's a déjà-vu with Neymar except for the fact that the same members forgot all the shit they said about Neymar. Not to mention the fact that Neymar is largely Superior in these areas he is hailed for now. I give it to BBZ for showing some consistency at least. He been criticizing Neymar for something and he's doing it for Dembélé now.

henias

Yeah but what did he produce.. It's a déjà-vu with Neymar except for the fact that the same members forgot all the shit they said about Neymar. Not to mention the fact that Neymar is largely Superior in these areas he is hailed for now. I give it to BBZ for showing some consistency at least. He been criticizing Neymar for something and he's doing it for Dembélé now.

No, Dembele isn't Neymar and just because they have playmaking abilities doesnt mean their match input/performance and effectiveness is the same. Especially in a team like Barcelona where there needs to be certain positional discipline and fundementals.

Neymar tend to take more touches and hesitate whether to shoot or pass in the box and usually tries to cut to his right alot. Dembele has been more direct with Barcelona, usually look for a quick release (low and high cross) and maintains his width alot. Neymar tend to drop alot deeper in his late seasons, forgetting Messi is the main playmaker. Not to mention he is very strong with both foots and is much faster than Neymar.

Coutinho is also largely superior in areas Neymar is good in but does it mean it is deja-vu? The main problem is Neymar has been attempting way too many dribbles and getting dispossessed alot.

Neymar hasnt been effective in the CL last year and stats show. A whopping 3.6 times dispossession per match and a 51% dribble success rate and attempt to dribble at least 10.6 times per match. If he was successful in such a risky playstyle, I will give him credit. He is the only one who attempted close to 300 dribbles across Europe's top 5 league and he isnt very successful with it.

None of Coutinho or Dembele ever attempted that much dribbles and always look to transition quickly, which is the fundemental of Barcelona's play and we have been much more effective ever since.

Deja Vu? Don't think so mate. I'm definitely glad Neymar left.

FCBfan22

Read that he will start for France in a front line consisting of Mbappe-Martial-Dembele today.

Yup. It's:

----------------Lloris------------------
Hernandez-Umtiti-Koscielny-Pavard
Pogba---------Kante-----------Rabiot
Dembele------Mbappe--------Martial

Edit: He was 1 on 1 with GK, but he was wrongly ruled offside, before he did something. It would've been interesting to see how he does in 1 on 1's with keepers.

Anyway, Pogba and Rabiot are shambles. No combining in the midfield, just booting it to Mbappe. Dembele has had a few nice dribbles and that chance, where he has be wrongly called offside so far.

FCBfan22

Subbed in 71' for Giroud. Okish game, although he was cut from the game most of the time, because of France's shit midfield.

Home of Barca Fans