11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

khaled_a_d

Funny how that applies to some players, but not others Khaled ;)

Anyway, I agree with Halil being Sporting's best attacking player and performing at the level of Asensio.

well played :lol: .
Though Alen won't cost quarter of the "others" for us and I am not arguing he is ready now :cheers:

Jombi

Good game by Dembele and Umtiti tonight in the Rennes - Lyon game. Ended 2-2, Dembele with an assist.

Lutece FC

I'm hoping PSG is smart enough to step in before Barca turns up their interest. You still have at least two more seasons with MSN anyway.

Nasser will bid this summer. Hope the french LEague 1 will keep its talents, Dembele + Fekir. Enough of this shitty Premier League with Marital, Payet, Ayew ...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nasser will bid this summer. Hope the french LEague 1 will keep its talents, Dembele + Fekir. Enough of this shitty Premier League with Marital, Payet, Ayew ...

Do you guys even need him?

And I'm not sure it's that great for Ligue 1 to keep their best talents if they all end up playing for one team.

The best would be more investment in the league(not necessarily sugar daddies), and other teams keeping their players so they can challenge PSG.

Last edited:

El Flaco

Ousmane Dembele's run vs. Caen

[gfy]DefensiveMedicalKagu[/gfy]

Alternative angles

[gfy]IllegalCarefulDassierat[/gfy]

[gfy]PeskyIncomparableCowbird[/gfy]

Trickykid

I didn't watch the match, but I checked Whoscored at around halftime. By then he had 100% pass accuracy, which should suit us like a glove.

...only minor problem being that he only had attempted 1 single pass.

Anyhow, if he's already that expensive, it most likely rules us out. There's no way we're forking out 40M plus for a prospect that won't be a starter for the next 3-4 seasons.

Lutece FC

I hope he will sign at Paris. Enough of foreign clubs to steal young french talents (especially english ones)

khaled_a_d

I didn't watch the match, but I checked Whoscored at around halftime. By then he had 100% pass accuracy, which should suit us like a glove.

...only minor problem being that he only had attempted 1 single pass.

Anyhow, if he's already that expensive, it most likely rules us out. There's no way we're forking out 40M plus for a prospect that won't be a starter for the next 3-4 seasons.

I hate using stats but according to whoscored he has 20.9 pass per game (one of the fewest in his team) with success rate 70.7% .The 5 players who had less pass accuracy are the 2GKs and 4 players who played less than 80 minutes during the whole season .he leads them in key pass though
Anyway ,I agree with last sentence
His rumor seem just like the Martial & Sane rumors we had last summer and last winter .he is young player that we are keeping eye onto but rich clubs will make huge offers that we won't match .

Yannik

Passing statistics can be pretty misleading. A team can generally have fewer possession percentages, thus total passes can fatally drop. If we wanted to draw a conclussion, then we should compare his total passes to those of his teammates.
Passing percentage is also a difficult matter, I've seen Liverpools passing percentage hitting rock bottom of the league since Klopp took over, simply because Klopp plays as risky as possible to keep the pace up and get to the goal very quickly. Doesn't mean Liverpools players such as Henderson, Firmino, Can, Coutinho etc are bad passers, but they're just playing it upfront a lot.

However, from what I've seen (mostly video footage) he is quite pacy, but his decisionmaking and vision seems off. He's dribbling with his head down and tends to ignore or just not perceive better positioned teammates or new situations. Quite typical for a not yet matured young player. Might improve one day.

Last edited:

Jombi

Keep in mind, he is young and is often subbed off or subbed on. If you play 60 minutes instead of 90 minutes, or 10 minutes at the end of a game, its normal that you have fewer passes per game than players who play 90 minutes.

It is very worrying if we can no longer buy the best young players in the world though. We see that people already live in fantasy land thinking we can buy great players for dirt cheap while constantly bemoaning the "inflated market". The market is not going to change and it will only get more expensive, so we better move with the times.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I hope he will sign at Paris. Enough of foreign clubs to steal young french talents (especially english ones)

PSG can't have all French talents, practically speaking, even if they all wanted to join PSG. Not to mention that is not the case.

Home of Barca Fans