11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

vlad

If we give up on him after 1 season, that would probably be one of stupidest things FC Barcelona's executives have ever done.

Potentially flushing 60-70 million down the toilet and losing a top 3 prospect in football.

they let ronaldo after one season, and he had awesome season.

so leting promising talent would not be the worse thing barca did

FCBfan22

they let ronaldo after one season, and he had awesome season.

so leting promising talent would not be the worse thing barca did

That was one of the biggest mistakes of our club IMHO. The greed of Ronaldo and the incompetence of Nunez and the board.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Although flew under the radar yesterday, Xavi Campos who is considered one of the most reliable reporters in Barcelona was talking about how some Barca Executives were concerned that we made the wrong choice to Sign Dembele to replace Ney and wouldn't rule out transfer of Dembele this summer for big money.

MD put out in article pretty much denying these claims that we are remotely even considering this idea.

If true, this would turn us into a big piece of laughing stock. And worse, it would show us how short-sighted our management is.

I was one of very few people who didn't get consumed by the huge hype and overwhelming euphoria when we signed him, having watched him a whole season at BVB last season and knowing his strengths and weaknesses, I knew he would not have a direct impact on our game play and results right away, I sort of saw it coming that people would start doubting him soon. But now he is here, I think the least we can give him is some patience and support.

It would be a huge mistake to let him go. He needs to continue to grow and develop, people need to have more patience with him. The word "raw" was used by many to describe him. He has talent in him but he still needs to improve on a slew of things to get better (among them discipline); at the same time, he is only 20.

gr98

This is what the article by Francesc Aguilar said:
Barça does not pose, or by a long way, yield or transfer to Ousmane at the end of the season, they consider him important in the project of Ernesto Valverde
Ousmane Dembélé ended up with a good game against Girona, where he gave his third assist in the goal scored by Luis Suarez and meant the hat-trick of the Uruguayan. He exhibited some of the qualities for which Robert Fernandez, the technical secretary of Barça, bet for him and the club ended up paying 105 million euros plus 40 in variables, becoming the most expensive signing in the history of the club azulgrana. He was the chosen one to fill the gap left by Neymar with his march to PSG. The Camp Nou rewarded his party and effort and applauded him in a loving way to cheer him up. Ernesto Valverde fully relies on Ousmane Dembélé, authentic 'signing' of the winter market after recovering from his injury, a luxury boost for the Champions League.

Hence, the news that has been disclosed that Ousmane Dembélé can be transferred or transferred at the end of the season lack all plausibility. This information has been provided by Catalan, national and even British media. In England they have reached the point that Chelsea could be their destination, more if Eden Hazard had just signed for Real Madrid, that the London club was willing to pay their freedom clause. That means should ignore that the figure rises to 400 'kilos', a non negligible number, even for the Premier League.

The very environment of the player, representatives and family, as MD has confirmed, has received full confirmation from the technical heads of the club that the French international is a basic piece for Txingurri not only this season, but in the next one and to come

Neither will the situation of Ousmane Dembélé affect the signing of Antoine Griezmann.
The crack of Atleti will come to add, to further improve the quality of the staff in which Ousmane Dembélé will continue to have its specific weight. Barça wants to strengthen as much as possible its cast of players to face a Real Madrid that is going to strengthen a lot this next summer market, as well as the greats of the Premier League and Paris Saint Germain himself.

Barca, even, is taking great care of the integration of Ousmane Dembélé inside and outside the team. He has worried a lot, as in his day they did with Lionel Messi, even to redirect his diet. Also Ernesto Valverde has been piloting his gradual integration into the team and the game of the Catalan team after his injury in the Getafe field. Now he is on the physical level and that shows in his progression with the ball. Against Girona already dared to star plays that we had used in Borussia Dortmund or France. Ousmane Dembélé is already knowing the automatisms of the game of the Txingurri box in which it plays more on the foot and fast than in the free space. It has the advantage that technically possesses the qualities to progressively adapt to that way of playing.

Neither has he missed the support of Lionel Messi to Ousmane Dembélé who, before Girona, nurtured him with balls, he looked for him to make 'walls' and gave him confidence with his gestures of approval after the plays he made. Luis Suárez was also more 'affectionate' with him than in previous matches. The whole team gave him coverage and that was evident in the lack of trust that Ousmane Dembélé had.

By the way, the former Borussia Dortmund player hopes that Didier Deschamps will keep him in his squad for the final phase of the World Cup in Russia with France. If he did not play at Barça regularly, it was difficult for the 'bleus' to count on him with the great competition in the French attack. Now, fortunately, things are starting to change for him. Ousmane Dembélé sees with optimism how the season has changed positively for him.

Horatio

You're welcome
Board has no reason to sell. They went for a great young talent that could serve Barca for many years to come. That prospect still holds up.

xXKonan

If true, this would turn us into a big piece of laughing stock. And worse, it would show us how short-sighted our management is.

I was one of very few people who didn't get consumed by the huge hype and overwhelming euphoria when we signed him, having watched him a whole season at BVB last season and knowing his strengths and weaknesses, I knew he would not have a direct impact on our game play and results right away, I sort of saw it coming that people would start doubting him soon. But now he is here, I think the least we can give him is some patience and support.

It would be a huge mistake to let him go. He needs to continue to grow and develop, people need to have more patience with him. The word "raw" was used by many to describe him. He has talent in him but he still needs to improve on a slew of things to get better (among them discipline); at the same time, he is only 20.
I know Xavi Campos is reliable but the story seems literally fake. Who in their right mind thinks it's a great idea to sell a guy who barely got a chance here due to injuries after one season?

Not only that he had to literally burn bridges in order to get his dream move here.

If we sell him we'll regret it in 5 years once he becomes world class and Griezmann, Suarez and Messi are all gone. I also don't think Griezmann's arrival will affect him all too much since there is no way to play all 3 of Griezmann, Messi and Suarez centrally as none of them are out and out wingers anymore. Griezmann and Suarez can play as inside forwards, but as actual wingers? I don't think so. Messi obviously has no interest in playing on the the wing anymore either so or only source of width will be Dembele.

Messi983

BS rumours about selling Dembouz. The only way he'll leave Barça in the near future is if some club will pay his release clause. And even then it's possible he would reject that club because he wants to succeed here.

Shaky start, but overall good game, especially 2nd half. Still not expecting or even demanding too much from him this season so anything good he'll do I'll take it. And he's already done some good things for the team while showing individual brilliance and talent that most people (except his haters) always knew he has. Inconsistency is expected at his age but the main thing is he finally stays healthy for the rest of the season, gets consistent playing time and starts to gel with the team.

also, no BBZ post in the last 10 pages.

nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

Home of Barca Fans