11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Laplacian

need more corners like that and less of that build up shit. he's got a stinger

The fanboyism. Are you really saying that the only thing he should excel at is set pieces and exclude everything else? Fuck sakes, we might as well sell him and get Willian then. He's much cheaper.

I don't know about you but I want my wingers not to be major pussies when it comes to taking on defenders, I want them to have some semblance of tactical nuance and create space through off the ball movement, I want them to playmake not constantly make safe passes outside the area, and I want them to get into scoring positions. Dembele really needs to improve his off the ball workrate, it worries me that he hasn't improved on that expect in more than a year.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Cool, how about we change the coach first and foremost if you want all that.
This genuinely seems like a tactical issue since none of our player do it other then messi (and dembele when on form).

Afromaticz

Havig Dembele on the same side with Alba just doesn't make much sense. Alba is too attacking minded which is not a bad thing but he occupies the same space Dembele craves.
When Neymar was thriving with us Alba had to take a step back.
Alba was the one that benefited the most from Neymars departure.

Valverde needs to figure this asap.

Tekkers

The fanboyism. Are you really saying that the only thing he should excel at is set pieces and exclude everything else? Fuck sakes, we might as well sell him and get Willian then. He's much cheaper.

I don't know about you but I want my wingers not to be major pussies when it comes to taking on defenders, I want them to have some semblance of tactical nuance and create space through off the ball movement, I want them to playmake not constantly make safe passes outside the area, and I want them to get into scoring positions. Dembele really needs to improve his off the ball workrate, it worries me that he hasn't improved on that expect in more than a year.

"less of that build up shit" = take a corner + have the majority of your team including your centre backs come forward + only to predictably lay it off to messi so he can do that predictable lofted through ball to alba (or coutinho), who then drills a low driven cross to messi (or whoever) that gets interecepted

i'm not talking about open play here, unless you're riled up about me suggesting that 99% of barca's corner kicks shouldn't end up in lay-offs?

ManusXavi

What did u expect? The guy is constantly runnin out of options when he breaks cause the other guys cant keep up. Dembele is forced to play at a ridiculously slow pace here at Barca with alot less freedom than he had before.
Even Neymar would be struggling here

He needs Malcom

Laplacian

Any player with technical ability on the team are still capable of playmaking: Messi, Busquets, Sergi Roberto, Jordi Alba, and fuck even Dembele himself. It's not like there were a bunch of speedsters when he playmaked against Levante, Leganes, and Espanyol. Speed matters when they're on the counter sure, but not one everyone's on the opposition's half. Seriously there are runs made all the time by Messi, Suarez, etc and he misses them and goes for a backpass instead. This is some Pogba level "he needs this this this and this " to be a good midfielder type of excuses.

Fine, I'm fine with the poor playmaking. But at least get into good positions, make that speed useful. Literally there's space all over the place and he decides to drop deep and sit right next to Alba, no shit Alba doesn't pass to him and their link up is shit. What does he do when there are runs being made right beside the box? He sits right outside the box ball watching. This is why I'm calling all of his goals in the beginning of the season flukes, his instincts to anticipate space and balls are just terrible. I'd still be okay with him if this was last season but come on, it's the end of his second season and he's still playing like he just got here yesterday. It's genuinely horrible.

I'm getting frustrated because he's our only winger option. Coutinho's a shit winger and Malcolm only plays 5 games a year. He's our genuine "next generation 120m euros winger" and his fundamentals are so bad. I just can't stand it.

Don't worry guys I'm done ranting. I'll just enjoy Messi, Suarez, and the new midfield talents now. No point in getting frustrated over something I have no control over.

Home of Barca Fans