11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

LMTR14

Easy to say in hindsight.

no it was painfully obvious he could never be worth so much money. with neymar for 220, psg knew what they got. dembele played what, one good season in germany? what a stupid gamble to waste that money on one very young player! even with a new coach, if he doesn't turn out a new neymar (as in becoming one of the best in the world!), he is a net loss. he certainly doesn't have any charisma or star quality and his behavior has been atrocious ever since he went on strike in Dortmund!

Last edited:

TrueCule

He's still young. His talent is great, once he will mature more, he'll be a wq player. It will only take so more time, but it's worthwhile a wait.

Alik

no it was painfully obvious he could never be worth so much money. with neymar for 220, psg knew what they got. dembele played what, one good season in germany? what a stupid gamble to waste that money on one very young player! even with a new coach, if he doesn't turn out a new neymar (as in becoming one of the best in the world!), he is a net loss. he certainly doesn't have any charisma or star quality and his behavior has been atrocious ever since he went on strike in Dortmund!

That's not all Givenchy said.

He said
1. we should not have bought dembele.
2. we should not have bought coutinho
3. we should have bought Hazard

Hazard is a player was invisible for an entire season before that and who 90% of this board completely discarded at the time.
Coutinho is a player who the majority of this was asking for even the summer before he was brought.
Dembele is a player that many were following and was considered a wonder kid. We overpaid for him, but most understood it given the circumstances (mainly caused by the board's mismanagement).

CatalinR10

for the moment he saved the ass of retardo gave him the supercopa and 12 point of the league

which pretty much proves he's low iq.

With the supercopa lost and -12 points of the league valverde would have been fired already , us having a new and much better coach with more hopes for winning a CL , but he's not.

If you think about it , Dembele is the reason why valverde still has a job ffs .

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't, shouldn't and will NOT defend Dembele against these gossips and accusations here.
But it seems some good folks here are getting a bit too easily influenced by the hype, and general tendencies against this young fellow.

Is he late for training? Perhaps, probably. Is it important? Yes, for the coaching staff yes, but not for the public. It's an internal matter whatsoever.
Is it important for how one judges the player? Not at all... How he plays is important, regardless if good or bad. Judge him by his actual contributions but don't let yourself be influenced by the press.

Is being punctual a merit that everyone needs to talk about when it comes to any player? Not our business and definitely not mine or yours.
Dembele looks to be, seems to be an introvert type of guy, probably constantly mucked in the green-room because of the lack of his language skills, but mind it that the young Messi was somewhat similar, with the advantage of having Spanish as his mother tongue. He couldn't learn even a word in English...

Let me tell you something.
When I used to play for my national team, there was a midfielder (who later passed 80+ appearances in the NT) who was ALWAYS late for any training.
But when he finally arrived, he was the most diligent guy in the team and we didn't really give a shit about his lack of punctuality. Neither did the coach or coaches, because all knew that this was just a week point of his personality, but as a contributor, he had always been better than anyone else.

When I used to coach a team in Asia (the same one that Del Pierro is coaching now) the best player in the team was always late, specially that he used public transportation only.
Undoubtedly he was the best in the team, so nobody really cared for his lack of punctuality. It was more important to have him there - even if 5 or 15 minutes late - because only his presence was what mattered.

That's why - if you really care for using your intellect - I wouldn't start repeating the gossips, using the gossips and accusations in order to prove your own agenda, because being late is a matter of discipline and we are not entitled to to enter into these matters. That's something that should remain internal to the club and management... What happens in the mile, stays in the mile...

Can we know your name?

Home of Barca Fans