11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Potroh

There's always been a Spanish speaking culture at the club.

You name it as a "culture" but from another angle it could be a serious limitation too.
I'm not really talking about the players themselves but the coach, for instance, who according to the Barca "tradition" needs to be Spanish and preferably an ex-player of the club.

That's a limitation and at present the team and its style might be the victim of Valverde (a mediocre ex-player and a mediocre present coach), who was probably the best choice almost two years ago but his own limitations also represent the limitations of the club, when it's time for choosing a new coach.
Limitation, because neither the coach, nor his assistants can be anything else but local folks, which is definitely not the case with PSG, entire England and a lot of other clubs in Europe...

BARCA PLANET

You cannot ask a whole team to start speaking English for the sake of one player. Moreover, the team is not the only issue. If our youngster is aiming to have a long carrier in Barcelona, this means he has to learn the language sooner or later because he is living in the country. Saying that the club should start speaking a foreign language that the majority of the team do not speak is simply a wishful thinking. more importantly, the coaching team and does not speak English so I really cannot comprehend these opinions with all due respect.

kattanib

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Video: Ousmane Dembele - 10 Craziest Goals For Barcelona <a href="https://t.co/WPOSk4UgpY">https://t.co/WPOSk4UgpY</a></p>— Barça Centre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1073650328367783937?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 14, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Lol, how many goals did he score in total?

LordLichtenstein

2018-19:

0020 - Games
0009 - Goals
0005 - Assists
1304 - Minutes

00.97 - Goals and Asissts Per 90 Minute.

----------------------------------------------

These are insanely good stats given what he has had to endure this season. I truly believe he has the potential to score 30-35 goals per season and assist another 10-15. He must mature, and quickly, and our manager needs to put more faith in the kid.

Andresito

Staff member
You name it as a "culture" but from another angle it could be a serious limitation too.
I'm not really talking about the players themselves but the coach, for instance, who according to the Barca "tradition" needs to be Spanish and preferably an ex-player of the club.

That's a limitation and at present the team and its style might be the victim of Valverde (a mediocre ex-player and a mediocre present coach), who was probably the best choice almost two years ago but his own limitations also represent the limitations of the club, when it's time for choosing a new coach.
Limitation, because neither the coach, nor his assistants can be anything else but local folks, which is definitely not the case with PSG, entire England and a lot of other clubs in Europe...

The culture isn't written anywhere, it's a natural thing in the dressing room and it's hard to change.

Hiring a manager with "Barca DNA" is all up to the board and it can easily be changed.
The current board is too obsessed with the whole DNA thing. I don't know why they think Valverde would do a better job than anyone else just because he played at Barca.

Messigician

The culture isn't written anywhere, it's a natural thing in the dressing room and it's hard to change.

Hiring a manager with "Barca DNA" is all up to the board and it can easily be changed.
The current board is too obsessed with the whole DNA thing. I don't know why they think Valverde would do a better job than anyone else just because he played at Barca.

To be fair he learned and played under Cruyff

Thiago10

What the hell is he doing tonight?

I've never seen such an inconsistent player. When he has a bad day, he plays like a sunday league player, it's baffling.

Home of Barca Fans