11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Icarium

Lifestealer
He doesn't fit into the team and Mbappe suits more to the style. Simple as that. Dembele could have challenged that spot if he got a good season. Mostly injured and coach doesn't seem to like Dembele and how he handled Dortmund situation. So many factors, it is what it is. He will get his time to shine. I am more worried where he will play this season? LW? RW?

Chainsaw

Killahead
I never liked this transfer and had big doubts about splashing that much money for him. I think it was a hasty move. Wish Barca spent a bit more and go for Mbappe instead

jamrock

Dembele isn't ok Mbappe level no young player in the world is.

In a year or two no one name Messi will be.

But dembele is still freaking stupidly talented he is just going through a tough moment right now in his career, but he will be okay in the end

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I like Dembele and believe in his ability to become a great player but right now we have a roster problem. The only way Dembele starts anytime soon is if Coutinho moves to midfield and Dembele adjusts to LW, or if we keep playing 4-4-2. I doubt Cou plays as a midfielder, EV seems to be set on him in that wide role. 4-4-2 on the other hand is just a bad setup for us and limits a number of our players.

Bad planning, tough situation to be in.

Givenchy

fuck valverde

feels shit when even Chelsea have Sarri now..

and before someone calls me ungrateful for an almost unbeaten season, yes EV did well and deserves another season but you cant blame a cule for feeling pessimistic when you look at the 442

Last edited:

Laplacian

I never liked this transfer and had big doubts about splashing that much money for him. I think it was a hasty move. Wish Barca spent a bit more and go for Mbappe instead

If we spent money on mbappe and mbappe spent half of his season recovering from injury you would be saying the exact same thing about Dembele. The problem with fans like you is that you are way too trigger happy, understand the context of Dembele's debut season and be rational. The vast majority of the games Dembele started in the latter half of the season he has performed well. Whereas Mbappe who had an injury free season didn't exactly set the world on fire in ligue 1. His performances were worse than they were when he was in Monaco.

Let's wait a season or 2 before turning on our players, at least.

BBZ8800

If we spent money on mbappe and mbappe spent half of his season recovering from injury you would be saying the exact same thing about Dembele. The problem with fans like you is that you are way too trigger happy, understand the context of Dembele's debut season and be rational. The vast majority of the games Dembele started in the latter half of the season he has performed well. Whereas Mbappe who had an injury free season didn't exactly set the world on fire in ligue 1. His performances were worse than they were when he was in Monaco.

Not a single word about his IQ, a spark in his eyes, leadership personality, bravery in general, mental strength, being ready for what is Barca expecting from him.

Quote my post, we will talk about this a lot during the next season.

You will understand why, over time.

We bought him way too soon for his mental development.
Mbappe is way more developed and ready in that area.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead

Fucking lol at "fans like you" part. You dont know jackshit about me. I've been against this transfer even before it happened. Paying 140m for someone who had one good season in a club like Dortmund was downright stupid. Dortmund just bled Barca dry because the board was desperate to fill the gap left by the Neymar sale.

Thank you for reminding me how long should I wait before judging a player. I've been a football fan for more than 30 years. Im not some FIFA player who gets turned on by some player's brilliance in a video game and think he's the next big thing. Dembele, no matter the injuries, havent shown anything to show he's worth the money. You dont pay 140m for a player and then wait for 2 seasons till you can criticize him! Unless you are gonna turn this into an Alexis Sanchez debate who his fans who thought he was sheer brilliance for Barca and anyone who criticized his performances was just a "hater".

krakdol

Whereas Mbappe who had an injury free season didn't exactly set the world on fire in ligue 1. His performances were worse than they were when he was in Monaco.

Agree with your post except this part. Mbappe has been great last season, he's just playing on the right wing and with Cavani and Neymar taking 3/4 of the balls, it's kinda hard to have everybody score 3 goals every game. 21 goals and 11 assists in 40 matches is pretty good all things considered.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans