11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

After watching the liverpool-roma game i am certain that if dembele played we would have beat this Roma team, liverpool goals were long balls played behind romas high up defence line, all you need is a fast player (dembele, mane, salah) to take advantage of the space left by the high defence line... I cant believe valverde couldnt see this

serghei

After watching the liverpool-roma game i am certain that if dembele played we would have beat this Roma team, liverpool goals were long balls played behind romas high up defence line, all you need is a fast player (dembele, mane, salah) to take advantage of the space left by the high defence line... I cant believe valverde couldnt see this

That's what a mental block does to you. You can't think clearly.

Tekkers

one of the worst tactical decisions. we saw what happened when he came on and rakitic delivered that through ball that almost ended up in a goal. that was there all night for barca

his speed would have unraveled romas 3 man defense

Joan

That's what a mental block does to you. You can't think clearly.

I start to believe this. Which is odd. He's been coaching in La Liga and EL for ages. Not that much of a difference for a professional. Or at least, it shouldn't be.

blaug

He plays for a coward coach who prefers to defend with two lines of 4 as soon as we have the lead. The coach has absolutely no clue how to mould him into a Barca player. He just wants work horses in midfield. With Valverde, we will never get the best out of Dembele

PhilS

Dembele has had some good offensive play, especially against weaker opponents. He does tend to keep the ball too long, like Neymar, but Neymar would at times keep the ball too long and then accomplish a miracle, which seems to be beyond Dembele's talent level. As RW, he is clearly not as good as Coutinho, but he is second best on this squad.

On defense, as of now Dembele is deficient, by Barca standards. Good effort, good tracking back, but he loses his man way too often, he just gets beat. He is up there with Gomes for worst defender among all Barca midfielders. I don't know if this a permanent problem, or if he might improve. Barca cannot afford this from any midfielder in the 4-4-2, given that Messi only plays defense part-time and Suarez defends only in the offensive end.

As of now, for this excellent team, he looks the level of a Copa player, a rotation player. I'm not sure he will be ready yet to be a first 11 player if Iniesta leaves this summer, not for a team aiming to win the treble next year.

Laplacian

Shaky performance so far but still registered an assist and created a goalscoring opportunity. As always Dembele always performs when he starts.

Home of Barca Fans