11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

kattanib

We lost balance in 2nd half because Bilbao subbed on Itturaspe instead of Benat so they had more workhorses.

:valverde:

We didn't lose balance .. it was EV doing what needs to be done if you want to win it all. He was resting the players and just trying to control any potential damage.

raki

DYrW0K3WsAAWlTn.jpg

You passed on playing with Messi. You fool.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I'm sorry, but how is that an excuse or a proper way of going about the match? So you're saying it's okay to start getting dominated by the opponent second half because you are ahead 2-0....? It was obvious, I agree. That doesn't make it smart, or acceptable.

Bilbao had quite a few chances; even if one of them went in...the game would have gone about very differently. The fact that you rely on our success this season as any sort of reasoning behind how we played in that second half is disturbing. We got dominated. Plain and simple. They were all over us, and our midfield was gone, defeated. Our offense saw very little of the ball and our defense not only had a difficult time clearing it, period, but finding an outlet pass on top of it. You need to recognize that this is precisely why we had a difficult time vs top opposition in the Champion's League the last few seasons. Our midfield just lost the battle. We are continuing to lose that battle or tie vs any team that is able to do so- that being high pressure and speed through the middle.

Actually, it's much smarter than is made out to be - Sort of in the lines of how Real make light of involvement in Copa del rey just to stay fresh for even more important trophy ie, Champions League!

Does not make sense to keep pressing at the full potential all day long when it's guaranteed that you are winning the match! However, I am not too sure if a lot of teams do that when they are just leading by 2-0!! Of course, not a lot of teams have the luxury of having Camp Nou for their home though

Looking at some photos and videos from France's National Team it seems like he's very good friends with Mbappe.

Hopefully he can convince him to join us in a couple years. :dembele:

FC B

Read alot that Mbappe is a Madrid fan, if true I don't see that happening but lets see how he evolves in the next couple of year first.

xXKonan

Read alot that Mbappe is a Madrid fan, if true I don't see that happening but lets see how he evolves in the next couple of year first.
Well to be fair there's a number of players who were Barca fans who ended up playing for Real. I don't think that will stop any attempt at Mbappe coming here in the future imo.

khaled_a_d

Going by his interview a couple of weeks ago one of the things he talked about is him trying to learn not to lose the ball to much.

I'm thinking he's trying to find that balance in dribbling his man and not losing the ball so carelessly. Today it looked like he was being more careful when it comes to dribbling so he doesn't lose the ball.

Thing is, I am a bit worried about his ability to take on his man, not his hesitation to do it. The way he do it isn't effective and more suited in retaining the ball than getting past his defender, could be over analyzing from my behalf but I think this could ultimately be the difference between being quality starter and super star

BusiTheKing

He does seem to lack that crucial timing in his dribbling that is needed to beat someone 1v1. I always saw him more as someone who can find paths inbetween players when they appear than someone who can take on a defender who is fully focused on him. The thing I've been the least impressed with is his touch though.

krakdol

Thing is, I am a bit worried about his ability to take on his man, not his hesitation to do it. The way he do it isn't effective and more suited in retaining the ball than getting past his defender, could be over analyzing from my behalf but I think this could ultimately be the difference between being quality starter and super star

He does seem to lack that crucial timing in his dribbling that is needed to beat someone 1v1. I always saw him more as someone who can find paths inbetween players when they appear than someone who can take on a defender who is fully focused on him. The thing I've been the least impressed with is his touch though.

The amount of stupidity on this board reaches new heights every day. Now we worry about Dembele's ability to beat his man 1v1 ?

This guy is among the best in the world at this you know. Go on Youtube, you have like dozens of videos where he beats his man 1v1 non stop with speed or first touch...

Now of course you see him being a bit shy here, he just changed team, he's 20, back from injury, adapting to a new team and a new league, and Valverde asks him to play more like a midfielder. But don't question his ability 1v1, that's just dumb. You'll see it more and more in the games to come (depending on what Valverde asks from him though). Or at the world cup.

It's really like people here only watch Barcelona and nothing else. Dembele isn't a random guy who just started football yesterday, he was basically the best player in German league last year (or among the very best), that's why your club paid $150 million to get him. This is a nearly unprecedented sum in football history you know ?

You should watch some football games outside of Barcelona.

Last edited:

krakdol

Said by someone who joined forum 9 months ago :lol:
And I've watched Dembele during BVB days, and already said it is a thing that worries me about him even before he joined.

Wow, what a comeback ! You must be a star at school, I bet you're 12. Clearly joining this forum 9 months ago means a lot.

If you worry about Dembele 1v1 then you should worry about the rest of your Barcelona team even more (bar Messi), because that's basically what he's best at.

Now if you talk about his finishing, yeah he must improve. He can make even better decisions too. Or defend better.

But 1v1 is the least thing you should worry about him if you know a bit about football (hint : you don't).

Go watch France - England or Dortmund - Bayern cup final and come back to tell me if Dembele has trouble beating his man 1v1 lol

That's what he did all the time.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Wow, what a comeback ! You must be a star at school, I bet you're 12. Clearly joining this forum 9 months ago means a lot.

I've watched enough games for him, and yes it is still worrying for me, now try something else productive in the argument other than talking shit with no argument other than "OMG, how you don't see what I see" stupid replies.

Home of Barca Fans