11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Afromaticz

It's all true but I don't see your point. Are you saying that Neymar didn't trace back?

My point is: winger (be it in 433 or 442) has to defend when the team is in defensive phase.

No..all im saying is that those players behind Neymar bailed him out whenever he messed up which was alot at the beginning but Dembele obviously doesn’t have that luxury

Tekkers

^^^Facts. There were times throughout the Chelsea game where Dembele literally had to play the right back because Sergi was nowhere to be found on defense. It's clear that problem is Sergi and not Dembele

Nothanks

It started here:

1. then he ate McDonalds all the time
2. doesn't know how to stretch properly during warming up
3. strange things about his injuries
4. some weird decisions on a field this season etc

Hard to tell how smart or dumb he is, but he surely won't be a new Xavi who can predict 5 moves by his teammates and opponents in advance.
But Dembele did a lot of "strange" things this season for us to raise some question marks.

what is wrong with that interview?
I too am left footed and prefer to shoot with my right, I assume he prefers first touches, dribbling foot and which he uses as a balance keeper to be his left foot but seems to be ambidextrious enough to prefer to shoot with his right.. or well that is my case and it's not unheard of

Joan

^^^Facts. There were times throughout the Chelsea game where Dembele literally had to play the right back because Sergi was nowhere to be found on defense. It's clear that problem is Sergi and not Dembele

What does that mean that he played as a RB?

He had to keep an eye on Alonso, Alonso was his player. Hazard was Sergi's. When Hazard cuts inside and Alonso occupies the space at the wing, Dembele needs to track back.

Roberto would need to be Messi of defending in order to cut both Hazard and Alonso out. Nobody can do that. That doesn't mean that the winger has to play as a RB.
That's normal defending any coach would use.

If you expect a FB to cover for a winger completely so that the later doesn't have to defend at all, of course the problem will be with the FB.

That said, Roberto has his flaws, but try to act rationally.

Last edited:

Nothanks

I don't see Alba as a superior defender than sergi roberto, unless you consider his acceleration and pace as a mechanism in defense then sure
but neymar didn't have abidal or anyone very defensive behind him to bail him out idk where this rumor came from... he did have iniesta and alba helping defensively which is 4-3-3 has many benefits compared to the rigid 4-4-2

Joan

I don't see Alba as a superior defender than sergi roberto, unless you consider his acceleration and pace as a mechanism in defense then sure
but neymar didn't have abidal or anyone very defensive behind him to bail him out idk where this rumor came from... he did have iniesta and alba helping defensively which is 4-3-3 has many benefits compared to the rigid 4-4-2

Alba is, after all, a defender and Roberto is not. He's better one on one. I do think he's a better one but Alba is not some defensive LB.

Neymar did have his share of fuckups, losing the ball etc. but the point is - he always tracked back.

Afromaticz

It started here:

1. then he ate McDonalds all the time
2. doesn't know how to stretch properly during warming up
3. strange things about his injuries
4. some weird decisions on a field this season etc

Hard to tell how smart or dumb he is, but he surely won't be a new Xavi who can predict 5 moves by his teammates and opponents in advance.
But Dembele did a lot of "strange" things this season for us to raise some question marks.

Lol there is absolutely nothing wrong with that youtube video and would u care to elaborate on those weird on field decisions that you’re talkin about

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Lol there is absolutely nothing wrong with that youtube video and would u care to elaborate on those weird on field decisions that you’re talkin about

You can go back and read this topic after some matches.

He had some nice amount of bad decisions, which could be explained with his youth, or low IQ, or both.
Time will tell.

Also, those matches when he was slipping like 10 times per match like another not so bright footballer, Alexis Sanchez.

Anyway, time will tell whether he was just young and confused, or not the brightest lad out there.
Also, we currently suck so hard that I don't mind if we play Dembele, Alena and all young kids.
We lost a CL, we play like shit and we are lost currently.

I lost patience with EV and half of our current players after Roma, so Dembele, Alena and others can't be much worse.
We won't win a CL either way anytime soon with our current rooster, a coach, our pussy mental strength, horrible physical skills, no plan B in our tactics, Barto, it seems.
So, we can just play youngsters, at least fans will be happier.

We have 12 Months to experiment until another disastrous CL defeat in quarters of 2019 :lol:

Sterlingfan2000

News is breaking from a Barça insider that Valverde and Dembele had a bust up and almost came to blows in training today. Apparently, Valverde racially abused Dembele. Luis Suarez had to intervene and stop it. [sport]

serghei

He has to do too much defensive work in the 4-4-2. Simeone uses players like Koke in 4-4-2 as wide players. Dembele is a winger - forward. Not a wide midfielder like Koke or Saul.

Joan

He has never been used as a wide midfielder in the manner of Saul or Koke. He played as a winger in 442, nothing out of ordinary.

Really want him to start today. Bring it on.

Home of Barca Fans