11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

El Flaco

Around the 74th minute, Semedo had rushed from box to box and given Suarez a nice ball which he almost scored on. Quickly afterwards, their keeper re-starts play with good chance of a counter. Dembele is much further back than Semedo at this point not having taken part in our attack. What does he do? He decides to walk back, ball-watching while a burnt out Semedo has to run past him to get back and defend.

If you're having a bad day and the shit isn't going your way, you can always fight. That was unacceptable today.

Here's the situation you're talking about

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/uz5oq/ujlzot" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't get this excessive criticism. We knew he wasn't great at defending and I didn't see his performance as that bad either. He is probably disappointed with his status after he did great at the start of the season.

EV is ruining his confidence just like he's mistreating Vidal and Malcom.

Horatio

You're welcome
Despite the criticism(some fair) he had a good first half though. Counted again a few chances where he served a fellow player a goal on a platter only to be wasted by that player.

Maxim4

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/uz5oq/ujlzot" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Lol .
😀😀😀😀

D10S_JC

Genuinely I think we can swap Dembele for Martial. Marital has more delicate skill, higher football IQ.
tumblr_otklwmXcOJ1w1rav4o1_500.gif

Dembele is more fit for direct football in PL.

Givenchy

Genuinely I think we can swap Dembele for Martial. Marital has more delicate skill, higher football IQ.
tumblr_otklwmXcOJ1w1rav4o1_500.gif

Dembele is more fit for direct football in PL.

Martial has other problems though.. if you think Dembele was half-assed today, Martial is like that most of the time and hes a miserable sulky bastard. if we part ways with him though we should go for a Hazard level player

henias

So what's with the OTT criticism? He had mistakes but he did provide alot of good passes.

Weren't people talking about how Semedo will never make it here and should be sold? Now watch Roberto comes back and both Semedo and Dembele will be back on the bench and confidence reduced to shit. These 2 are usual scapegoats for the team's woes, and players like Pique and Suarez has equally horrifying performances despite playing every single minute.

Slevinn

I dont see whats wrong with Dembele here. By the time the keeper starts the attack he and Semedo are almost next to eachother and Raki was behind them to cover so its normal that he doesent sprint back.

FCB1987

Banned
I dont see whats wrong with Dembele here. By the time the keeper starts the attack he and Semedo are almost next to eachother and Raki was behind them to cover so its normal that he doesent sprint back.

I agree, his display in possession is what worried me today

Messigician

And for the people saying oh we are being harsh... Yea he is young but we paid insane money for him and he's probably on insane wages. This isn't a player from the B team being given a chance he's an experienced player. Neymar's first season with us wasnt great but you could see the effort.

Home of Barca Fans