11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Ahmedd

i don't speak french. What did he say then?

"You tried different things with Ousmane Dembélé. Are you not done with him and did you speak with some Barca staff members to understand what's going on ?"

I didn't talk to Barca staff members because i don't like to get involved with how a club deal with his players. Ousmane has been in FCB for a while. It's not the first time that he made those mistakes. He is probably going to say that he is not the only one. He should pay more attention. He dealt with a lot of stuff even if he is young. I hope that he will understand that he needs to improve those aspects. This situation could happen again. He needs to understand that very quickly.

"But you talked to him several times already and no progress has been made. Should you change your speech again ? Or punish him ?"

There is different otpions. I'm not desesperate. Nobody's perfect. There is rules in their clubs. We have ours. Players can make mistakes, it depends on how serious it is, they should do everything perfectly but it will never be the case.

Maxim4

"You tried different things with Ousmane Dembélé. Are you not done with him and did you speak with some Barca staff members to understand what's going on ?"

I didn't talk to Barca staff members because i don't like to get involved with how a club deal with his players. Ousmane has been in FCB for a while. It's not the first time that he made those mistakes. He is probably going to say that he is not the only one. He should pay more attention. He dealt with a lot of stuff even if he is young. I hope that he will understand that he needs to improve those aspects. This situation could happen again. He needs to understand that very quickly.

"But you talked to him several times already and no progress has been made. Should you change your speech again ? Or punish him ?"

There is different otpions. I'm not desesperate. Nobody's perfect. There is rules in their clubs. We have ours. Players can make mistakes, it depends on how serious it is, they should do everything perfectly but it will never be the case.

Deschamps speaks intelligently!

BBZ8800

In hindsight, if we go back to July and August when Sport was talking shit all the time about him, users here were saying all the time: agenda this, agenda that.
Why on Earth are they hating on our boy Dembele?

Well, maybe people in papers had more infos from training grounds, about his inability to exercise properly before the match, how he is late all the time, how he is eating unhealthy, how he fired a chef which Barca gave him, a lack of willigness to learn Spanish and who knows how many things which we don't know.

I mean, guys, if you remove Barca's glasses and let's say that this is happening to someone else:
Imagine that Juve's sport papers are writing shit only about one single player all the time.
Is it more likely that they hate him or that a guy is doing something wrong either on a field or behind a scene?

If papers from Arsenal would write bad things about one kid all the time, and good things about other guys, which is more likely?
1. papers are trying to ruin gem-kid's career for no reason?
2. or there are a lot of things happening behind a scene?

FC433

I did believe in him, not so much now. It is not about his talent. Commitment and determination are very important.

Abidal needs to talk to him soon.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Nobody is denying he could be sick, but a professional would have at least called before missing training... Even regular people call in sick before skipping work, there's no excuse for what he did...

At least Ney had the decency of calculating his yellow cards to go to his sister's birthday party...

Maxim4

Nobody is denying he could be sick, but a professional would have at least called before missing training... Even regular people call in sick before skipping work, there's no excuse for what he did...

At least Ney had the decency of calculating his yellow cards to go to his sister's birthday party...

Are you stupid or what?
listen to the video of his agent.
he explains that the club has been warned of his illness.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
They are worrying signs but on the flip side, Leroy Sane has experienced some related issues yet managed to overcome them enough to be a factor in the squad again. He's far from a Balotelli case

Potroh

I wouldn't, shouldn't and will NOT defend Dembele against these gossips and accusations here.
But it seems some good folks here are getting a bit too easily influenced by the hype, and general tendencies against this young fellow.

Is he late for training? Perhaps, probably. Is it important? Yes, for the coaching staff yes, but not for the public. It's an internal matter whatsoever.
Is it important for how one judges the player? Not at all... How he plays is important, regardless if good or bad. Judge him by his actual contributions but don't let yourself be influenced by the press.

Is being punctual a merit that everyone needs to talk about when it comes to any player? Not our business and definitely not mine or yours.
Dembele looks to be, seems to be an introvert type of guy, probably constantly mucked in the green-room because of the lack of his language skills, but mind it that the young Messi was somewhat similar, with the advantage of having Spanish as his mother tongue. He couldn't learn even a word in English...

Let me tell you something.
When I used to play for my national team, there was a midfielder (who later passed 80+ appearances in the NT) who was ALWAYS late for any training.
But when he finally arrived, he was the most diligent guy in the team and we didn't really give a shit about his lack of punctuality. Neither did the coach or coaches, because all knew that this was just a week point of his personality, but as a contributor, he had always been better than anyone else.

When I used to coach a team in Asia (the same one that Del Pierro is coaching now) the best player in the team was always late, specially that he used public transportation only.
Undoubtedly he was the best in the team, so nobody really cared for his lack of punctuality. It was more important to have him there - even if 5 or 15 minutes late - because only his presence was what mattered.

That's why - if you really care for using your intellect - I wouldn't start repeating the gossips, using the gossips and accusations in order to prove your own agenda, because being late is a matter of discipline and we are not entitled to to enter into these matters. That's something that should remain internal to the club and management... What happens in the mile, stays in the mile...

Home of Barca Fans