11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Joan

I'd rather sell Suarez than him.

He didn't fail so I'd give him one more season. Let's see if Valverde can integrate him and play to his strengths. I can see us playing great counters with him and Griezmann.

New coach after Valverde should have his say.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

It is not the case that every striker or attacking player benefits from playing with Messi though.

They have to give up more for their game than would at just about any other club.

Dembele has not looked great as a 'team' player but has looked good more on an individual level.
You’re right on both counts however, I feel Dembélé still hasn’t come to grips with the tactical side of Barça’s game. When that happens the whole team will be better. I think he also needs a ball carrier on his side of midfield to move the game forward a bit quicker.

Regarding Messi and players giving up sides of their game... This is true but conversely Messi can adapt his game to just about anybody if he wants to. So it’s a little give and take as far as that is concerned. He’s changed elements of his game twice in 3 years for Suárez alone.

Pepe Silvia

A week ago OD created the first goal and scored two. Scored an important goal against Chelsea, had a man of the match performance against Malaga, and so on. He has performed in almost every game he's started.

Some people here are just blinded by hatred. lol
Go back and re-read.

I was quoting his stupid remark stating Dembele has 'shown nothing.'

BarçaBarça

He is so young and so good. Even the hopeless Deulofeu got a second chance to fail miserably, because he is too selfish, so I think it would be fair to say that a top-2 talent in the world deserves more than one injury-prone season to get integrated. He made a mess in Dortmund to play with Messi, not to score goals and be main man. Any smart coach can teach him and the team how to get the best out of him, while utilizing our other incredible talents as well. Any loan or sale would be the biggest mistake in years.

BBZ8800

View attachment 7809

This is how all our signings can play. Plus, we also field a young squad, which can play for ages.

Ok, but you would keep playing Suarez with his current form (which was also his form during most of the season). We need to start rebuilding and that means shipping Suarez away, while we can still get some money for him and before he turns into a donkey for 100% of the time. Sadly, our board doesn't realise that.

Every striker that plays next to Messi would benefit from him, greatly. I just think loaning out a 21 year old player, who wants to prove himself in favour for 31 year old Suarez (who has the same amount of CL goals this season as Dembele and is a far bigger defensive liability) is very, very stupid.

Both of you: this is forum.
Our forum has an opinion that Suarez is finished and that we should sell or bench him.
But, we won 3 out 4 La Ligas in the last 4 years since we bought Suarez.
He scored 110 La Liga goals in 129 matches.
Even this season he has 25 goals in 32 matches.

But, our forum has an opinion: get rid of Suarez and play Messi-Dembele, Messi-Griezmann or Griezmann-Messi-Dembele attack.
Messi is Messi, he will score 30-40 goals in any combination.
Dembele is not a goalscorer.
Griezz is a new guy. We have to see whether he will score or he will be a weird silent striker.

Personally, I agree that Suarez is weaker than before.
But I would NEVER bench him for Dembele, lol.
I wouldn't go from 2 guys who can score (Messi-Suarez) to 1 guy who can score (Messi-Dembele).
What is the point?
To get rid of goals so that we could get dribbles on the wing?

About Griezmann, I see that people are talking in his thread how Messi-Griezz duo will be lethal.
Well, let's see about that.
They are both short and fast.
And none of them is a true attacker, to some extent.
Messi-Griezz duo (without Suarez) could easily turn into a debacle.
But again, let's wait and see.

So, I would personally drop Suarez ONLY if Griezmann will turn into a crazy goalscorer in Messi-Griezz duo.
If Messi-Griezz will suck, we will need Suarez back.

Anyway, I have no idea why are people mentioning Dembele and Suarez in the same line at all.
Those two are connected more or less like Busquets and Coutinho.
Totally different positions and duties on the field.

Anyway:
1. Suarez brought 3 titles in 4 years
2. he is a friend with Messi
3. we need a true CF on a field and not 100s of silent strikers and creators where no one can score
4. Suarez played 99% of matches in this season

So, this idea about dropping Suarez and playing Dembele, exists only on Barca's forum, and not in heads of EV and coaching stuff.

So guys, if you can fit Messi, Suarez, Griezmann, Coutinho in one lineup and THEN add even Dembele, fine.
Because all 4 will be higher in a pecking order than Dembele.

Also, these ideas about Suarez on the bench and playing Messi-Griezmann or Messi-Griez-Dembele: what, are you trying to get 5 defenders on Messi?
Since Suarez is the only guy who is drawing defenders AWAY from Messi.

I already have huge fears about Messi-Griezmann partnership, with Luis on the bench.
I would personally rather play with Suarez and his clone than with 2 silent strikers without a true CF.
But again, let's wait and see.

In short: Suarez will be our key player and a starter in the next season.

Jägermeister

Not quoting BBZ for space reasons...

About the argument that Messi and Griezmann are both short, how is that different to the situation we have now? How many goals did Suarez score with his head after corners or crosses?

Second, Griezmann and Dembele would of course draw defenders from Messi. Why would any opponent leave one of the best attackers in the world and one of the fastest and most skillful wingers unmarked?

Laplacian

Go back and re-read.

I was quoting his stupid remark stating Dembele has 'shown nothing.'

I know, bro I was agreeing with you. Just adding to your comment.

View attachment 7809

This is how all our signings can play. Plus, we also field a young squad, which can play for ages.

Why not Griez on the right and Dembele on the left? Isn't it better to have Griez finishing with his stronger foot? Dembele has little preference to dribbling, passing, or shooting on either foot so he can play LW.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't get your hopes up. 400 million or nothing, because we won't do business with P$G after last summer.

And then :valverde: reveals his masterplan by trading Dembele for Rabiot who has a year left on his contract. Tall workhorse.

Home of Barca Fans