11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

xXKonan

This thread is a shitshow.

Also lol above saying "I'm not sure he's better than Deulofeu" Nah breh what Dembele did with Dortmund alone pisses all over what that dude ever did in his career in terms of pure talent.

Givenchy

This thread is a shitshow.

Also lol above saying "I'm not sure he's better than Deulofeu" Nah breh what Dembele did with Dortmund alone pisses all over what that dude ever did in his career in terms of pure talent.

won't be long before they start calling him the black Deulofeu :lol: i thought that comment was sarcasm though

xXKonan

won't be long before they start calling him the black Deulofeu :lol: i thought that comment was sarcasm though
I'm mean there are Criticisms to be made of Dembele no doubt but the Chicken littling on this site is truly something else especially with Mbappe plays well.

And the funny thing is Mbappe would likely struggle here as well. He's not great in tight spaces and relies a lot on pace and physicality I'd argue he's even worse than Dembele is in that regard in tight spaces and he's not really a strong dribbler either.

He could work as a #9 but as an RW? Nah he would probably struggle especially against teams in La Liga who park the bus. And also our System is pretty shit as well.

biraboyz

Banned
I'm mean there are Criticisms to be made of Dembele no doubt but the Chicken littling on this site is truly something else especially with Mbappe plays well.

And the funny thing is Mbappe would likely struggle here as well. He's not great in tight spaces and relies a lot on pace and physicality I'd argue he's even worse than Dembele is in that regard in tight spaces and he's not really a strong dribbler either.

He could work as a #9 but as an RW? Nah he would probably struggle especially against teams in La Liga who park the bus. And also our System is pretty shit as well.

agreed, if Mbappe playing for Barca he will received the same Dembele treatment here in this forum...

This is 100% true

BBZ8800

agreed, if Mbappe playing for Barca he will received the same Dembele treatment here in this forum...

While:
1. EV is bad
2. we don't have a system
3. Mbappe would struggle against parked buses

Still:
= imo, you guys need to wake up and stop putting Mbappe and Dembele in the same sentence.
Dembele should be in the sentence with Martial, Sane, Rashford, Sterling and other random good or less good young wingers/attackers.

I mean, from the day 1 Uncle Flo commented that he doesn't understand why Barca is buying Dembele:
Dembélé will struggle at Barça. It's like buying a greyhound and tying him up. He will not fit in.

But people said that it is just jealousy.
If I say today: Vinicious Jr is a clown and probably won't make it.
Am I jealous or Vinicious is just a clown (and way too young and immature) and I said the simple truth?

2. Further, like it or not, Dembele was a panic buy.
Yes, we followed him, but even today we are following 20 random players.
If Pique and Umtiti will get injured till the end of a season, we will be forced to buy 1-2 Cbs in winter.
If we won't be able to get De Light, then we will just buy 2 "other" Cbs who will be somewhat panic buys.
So, it is not as if we haven't followed and wanted Dembele.
But we bought him mostly because we lost Neymar. And Barto needed big names to silence our fans and media.
Plus, of course, to calm down sponsors to some extent, since a big name left Barca and that is never a good sign.

3. Further, never forget that director Robert was the one who picked and went all in for Dembele.
His other "awesome" decisions regarding young players were:
Gomes
Denis
Deulofeu
Semedo
Paco Alcacer
Umtiti
Digne

With Dembele, his score with young players is 1/8 for now since only Umtiti looks like a guy who is a sure bet and who will play here in 3-4 years.

So, saying that Dembele is a black Deulofeu are crazy and nonsense.
But imo, in October 2018' it is also quite crazy to even put Mbappe and Dembele in the same sentence anymore.

Dembele is talented.
Nowhere near 145M talented.
He has some good virtues.
And lots of flaws on which he needs to work at.
Plus, he plays in a team which probably will never play direct football which suits him more.
And as time passes, I am more and more unsure about his IQ, even more after yesterday's Rabona, and that Finishing of Andre Gomes' level when Griezmann and Giroud both looked at him and made "wtf was this, man?" gestures.

I know that it is painful to read posts like these about fan's favorite young player, but you guys are seriously overrating Dembele's potential and abilities.
Maybe with lower expectations we would all be happier and even his "haters" wouldn't whine this much.

But posts where he is a generational talent, a possible future Ballon D Or winner (lol), and comparing him to Mbappe (who could easily win BDOr in a 1 or 2) aren't helping at all.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Nah I prefer to keep faith in Dembele considering he's only 21.

Would it make me delusional? sure but at least it's somewhat better than coming off as some bitter dude who has a chip on his shoulder.

Messigician

Would it make me delusional? sure but at least it's somewhat better than coming off as some bitter dude who has a chip on his shoulder.

What that he will magically go from suiting a counter attacking system to a possession based one?

You can drive a Ferrari off road sure but it sure as hell isn't made for off road travel compared to a Subaru offroad vehicle. Even if the Ferrari is a more expensive. You need to buy players to fit the system ffs.

Arthur is a player that fits the system and look how well he adapted, Dembele can flourish but he needs to do it somewhere else like Alcaer is doing at Dortmund we nood more Arthur'a less Dembele signings.

Arthur and De Jong are perfect for us in that regard.

BBZ8800

It works both ways:
1. you like Dembele
2. you hate EV

1. I like EV
2. I don't like Dembele

When you like Dembele, you think that you are not bitter.
When you hate EV, you think that you are right, because EV sucks. And you are not bitter, but just realistic.

Lol. Double standards.
It works both ways.
I don't shit on EV.
I could reply: maybe he'll improve and lead us to a treble. I am not a bitter guy like you.
About Dembele, the same as you about EV. Why would I be bitter, maybe I just think that he sucks or that he is nowhere near as good as people think.

Further, about being bitter, I still think that we will win La Liga.
In a CL without Zidane and CR7, there is no clear favorite and everyone can win. Even EV's Barca.

Is that bitter or realistic and accepting that we are not on a top of the world anymore (and lowering expectations)?

xXKonan

What that he will magically go from suiting a counter attacking system to a possession based one?

You can drive a Ferrari off road sure but it sure as hell isn't made for off road travel compared to a Subaru offroad vehicle. Even if the Ferrari is a more expensive. You need to buy players to fit the system ffs.

Arthur is a player that fits the system and look how well he adapted, Dembele can flourish but he needs to do it somewhere else like Alcaer is doing at Dortmund we nood more Arthur'a less Dembele signings.

Arthur and De Jong are perfect for us in that regard.
Forwards are a totally different beast compared to rest of the team.

A good portion of our best Forwards weren't your standard "Barcelona" style type of players. Most of them had their own style when they came here. Suarez, Neymar, Ronaldinho etc the list goes on. Most of the top talents in the world when it comes to Forwards weren't built to play in a posession based setup either.

The forward line in a Barcelona system is basically a grey area compared to the rest of the team. It's not black and white like what we want out of our GK, Midfielders, and Defenders when it comes to the ball. Not saying Dembele has flaws but you have to be real here, The FW line is much different compared to how we look at it compared to the rest of the team.

Barcilliant

It works both ways:
1. you like Dembele
2. you hate EV

1. I like EV
2. I don't like Dembele

When you hate EV, you think that you are right, because EV sucks. And you are not bitter, but just realistic.

Lol. Double standards.
It works both ways.
I don't shit on EV.
I could reply: maybe he'll improve and lead us to a treble. I am not a bitter guy like you.
About Dembele, the same as you about EV. Why would I be bitter, maybe I just think that he sucks or that he is nowhere near as good as people think.

In a CL without Zidane and CR7, there is no clear favorite and everyone can win. Even EV's Barca.

Is that bitter or realistic and accepting that we are not on a top of the world anymore (and lowering expectations)?

How can anyone like Valverde? Crap manager and crap personality...or should I say no personality.

xXKonan

It works both ways:
1. you like Dembele
2. you hate EV

1. I like EV
2. I don't like Dembele

Lol. Double standards.
It works both ways.
I don't shit on EV.

I actually had quite a bit of faith in EV when he came here. I liked what he did with Bilbao and gave him a chance for most of last season as he was stuck with a squad that wasn't exactly great in some ways.

I didn't hate EV out of thin air. Look man I say bitter because some of your posts come off as someone who hates players before they even get a chance. I mean look your posts in the Arthur thread, it's perfect example of what I'm talking about.

But hey I guess it's double standards breh.

Home of Barca Fans