11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Joan

giphy.gif

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's in Europe now so I won't be surprised if he cuts his vacations short when the team is back from their USA tour.

BBZ8800

I wont be suprised if he comes back from vacation right on schedule. He doesnt seem to mind Malcom possibly replacing him.

Technically, Malcom can't replace him since Dembele is a benchwarmer currently :valverde2:

bench2.jpg

Now, seriously, compared to last season, we now have 4+1 new players aiming for his position (or who's playing time could affect his position and playing time):
1. Malcom a winger in 433, or a Rm in 442
2. Vidal, cm in 433, moving Coutinho to wing, or a Cm (right) or Rm in 442, meaning we would play without Dembele in 442
3. Rafinha as a Rm in 442 and a Rw in 433
4. Arthur, the same story as with Vidal (Vidal/Rakitic/Rafinha/Roberto as RMs)
5. if Semedo will play good as a Rb, that could mean more minutes for Roberto as a Cm, which is the same as Arthur's and Vidal's story, or even Roberto playing as a RM in 442 with Semedo as a RB

Dembele's current position is way weaker than in the last season.
1. Malcom had a good preseason
2. Rafinha had a good preseason
3. Arthur had a good preseason
4. Semedo/Roberto had a good preseason

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe Dembele believes he can dethrone Malcom and everyone else right away. Gotta have that confidence to succeed here, although obviously back that up too :lol:

BBZ8800

Maybe Dembele believes he can dethrone Malcom and everyone else right away. Gotta have that confidence to succeed here, although obviously back that up too :lol:

Seriously again, I know that probably 90% of our fans expect big things from Dembele, but objectively:
1. his last season was poor to average
2. he doesn't suit our style
3. EV doesn't like him/what he brings to a team
4. the board bought a similar player (Malcom), which raises some doubts
5. EV wanted Willian for his position, which raises some doubts
6. the board brought Arthur
7. EV brought Vidal
8. Rafinha is here
9. his other competitors had a good preseason
10. he is in McDonalds currently probably
11. the press (Sport) started to hate him and they will continue it if he will play average

So, unless if he will suddenly start to play way better than in the last season, I think that he will have huge problems this season.
And if someone out of Arthur/Vidal/Malcom/Rafinha will play awesome, Dembele will see even less playing time.
I won't even mention Dembele's possible injuries...
Imagine other guys playing well and he getting injured for 1-2 Months again in the middle of a season...

So, a lot of things are already against him.
He is not even training yet.

Again, this season could turn into a disaster very fast with some factors mentioned above.

** Remember, EV doesn't like him.
He didn't play even when we didn't have Arthur, Vidal, Malcom, Rafinha.
I doubt that EV will suddenly fall in love after he wanted Willian and after we bought all these new players.

About Malcom, majority of guys here look at it as: we will play with Malcom and Dembele together.
Imo, maybe the board slightly gave up from Dembele (or at least they are starting to have doubts) and brought another gem.
So, if Dembele makes it=fine.
If not, we have a new "similar attempt" in Malcom.
If both will fail, the board will just buy a 3rd new guy in a summer of 2019 or 2020 (Brasil produced 5 new wingers this summer: 2 for Real, Malcom, one for Everton (right?), the 5th guy is close to a Psg, so new gems will come out of nowhere all the time).

Last edited:

soul24rage

I think EV will play coutinho LW and vidal RW in the big games and use dembele and malcom as impact speed subs just as zidane usually does with asensio and lucas.

Maxim4

mdrr. it's already trembling at the sight of Dembélé's picture.
he says: damn, if this player succeeds here, I will be considered an impostor.

Home of Barca Fans