11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

vlad

Had a feeling he was playing bad on purpose and i am sure about it, in a few plays u could tell he was doing it on purpose, he doesnt like how he is being treated.

"Playing bad on purpose" how did you come up with that? If that was the case, he can fuck off from barca

raedkuwait

Well is obvious he just didnt care at all, in one incident the ball was in front of him and he was just walking to it, so i would say he was doing it on purpose, if u have a shitty manager like EV who refuses to play u even when u r playing good, and play shitty players ahead of u, watch him go to another team and play so good like paco, our manager is plain shit thats it!?

Joan

Whatever, if EV wanted these players (i really hope the HE wanted these players, not the board), I would like to know what ideal 11 had in his mind.
We've been after Dembele for some time. Even before Valverde. I highly doubt he's the player Ernesto would go for.

BBZ8800

Well is obvious he just didnt care at all, in one incident the ball was in front of him and he was just walking to it, so i would say he was doing it on purpose, if u have a shitty manager like EV who refuses to play u even when u r playing good, and play shitty players ahead of u, watch him go to another team and play so good like paco, our manager is plain shit thats it!?

For example, at Dortmund: when he struggled with simple passes...
Was he also doing that on purpose?
He knew that EV will be his coach in 2 years, so... why bother at all?

You guys are coming with 1000s of excuses for players.
Instead of looking at it like: if Dembele won't make it, this is the end, we are dead.
Why not looking at it like: if he fails and if we sell him, well, at least we'll buy someone NEW. Maybe a new guy will be a better fit, mentally stronger and he will help more on a field to a team.

This is not Fc Neymar, Fc Dembele and similar. This is Fc Barcelona.
For every player who won't make it, we will try with someone new in the next season.
So, it is not the end of a world, but a new day, a new chance, a new hope for a brighter future with someone else.

So, if I am shitting on Dembele (or someone else), that is not wishing a bad future for Barca in general.
Quite the opposite.
That is a chance for something better.

Joan

Even if he doesnt start, he needs to be an important sub. Problem with the coach is he brings on very very late subs and plays Rakitc, Suarez and Pique to the ground. Thats no excuse for a coach. They need rests as well. I dont think Dembele has been quite suited for the possession type of play but the man management has been nothing less of horrendous. Dembele and Semedo are the usual scapegoats, and the only time they play is only if Roberto or Messi gets injured. And he forced him to play LW at the start of the season which doesnt suit him due to the tight spaces.

Forced him to play LW. Poor guy! Should've pushed Messi there, we don't want our saviour to feel any discomfort.

henias

Forced him to play LW. Poor guy! Should've pushed Messi there, we don't want our saviour to feel any discomfort.

Discomfort? You aren't getting it, are you?

And since when did I mention to play Messi out of position? May be you will be better off at the Semedo's thread saying how he doesnt look like part of the team. If you wanna reply with strawman arguments, might as well dont.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Hey BBZ why haven't you replied to my posts in multiple threads? So you're just gonna feign ignorance on topics where you were wrong and post in threads where it suits your agenda?

ini4ever

Here's the situation you're talking about

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/uz5oq/ujlzot" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

lmao 10+ people liked the comment criticizing Dembele for the particular moment to not come back ?
Even Dembele knew the keeper would do that he wouldn't have make it, neither would Semedo ( even though he's already started heading back lol ) plus Rakitic and Busi were there to cover the space.

Yeah he played bad but this is absurd.

Messigician

We've been after Dembele for some time. Even before Valverde. I highly doubt he's the player Ernesto would go for.

Lmao it's so obvious EV wanted Willian. He woudk gavw theb loaned out dembele to Arsenal or Liverpool.

EV cant stand the sight of Dembele if Willian signed no way Malcom or Dembele would get a game here.

PhilS

So, Valverde moved Dembele into the starting lineup last season, and began this season with Dembele in the starting lineup, because he hates Dembele?

No one but Valverde wants more for Dembele to step up and keep this team competitive while Messi is out. That is why Valverde gets so upset when Dembele does horrific things out there on the pitch. Dembele has special talent, the type of talent that can keep a manager from losing his job. At his best, Dembele does lots of things that are just terrible. When he is going well, he more than counterbalances all those screwups with brilliant play. It has been a while since he has played at his best.

Now, if you think maybe Valverde hates Vidal or Malcolm, that would be harder to disprove. He certainly shared Messi's opinion about Turan.

Raketa10

Been a hater of his transfer from day 1, still I am. He will be 22 year old in May next year. Messi, at that age was creating a havock in CL finals in Rome, CR was leading ManU to PL titles and we have this guy who should be our future main star ? He's average pace merchant without or very little positional awereness. He's not Barca player, its painfully obvious as of now. Valverde, even being a shit coach like he is, is not guilty for this guy's lack of effort and overall body language. He's just not alpha.

Yeah because Messi (or Ronaldo) should be benchmark for every player?!?! :facepalm: :facepalm: Where were Salah or De Bruyne at 21? Where was Kante? Where was Lewandowski? Where was Coutinho? Modric was playing for Dinamo FFS! We are talking about world class players here! The main problem is his price tag and that's consequence of Neymar's transfer to PSG. It's not his fault market was inflated.

Dembele at age 21 was a starter for FC Barca and a member of France NT who are WORLD CHAMPIONS! Comments like yours and those of BBZ are BEYOND ABSURD! People like you would never develop young players. Let's remember that half of forum members wanted Bravo to remain No.1 and were disrespecting Mats every time he made a mistake after Bravo left. Two years later Mats is probably the best GK in the world.

Some of you should realize that most players peak between 25 and 27 but if you don't know that already it's questionable do you watch football at all.

Last edited:

jamrock

When you start the season getting a few goals and starting to build convince, even if the overall performance wasn’t the best and you are then Benched by our manager it’s hard not to feel hard done by.

But In valverdes mind it’s between coutinho, Suarez and Dembele and he choose his 2.

Unless we are going to Drop coutinho to midfield and bench rakitic

Home of Barca Fans