11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

omidferoz

True that... he needs time, maybe its just the pricetag of 150million that makes me worry about him. lets hope im wrong and he turns to a beast.

Thiago10

To be completely honest - even though I believe he has huge potential - I feel like buying him was way more risky than getting someone like Coutinho, Mbappe or others. With them, I'm super confident that they will become world class (they probably are already), but for some reason with Dembele there's still some part of me that is scared that he won't fulfill his potential. I'm not even sure why, maybe it's because it looks like he doesn't have the same footballing intelligence Coutinho or Mbappe have.

Hoping for the best though!

EDIT: I wanna stress that I do believe he'll become a world class player, but seeing as he cost us 150M, it stresses me out that he might not.

FCBfan22

Dembele managed to play around 200 minutes for Barca everybody is saying that he is a flop.

I still stand behind my stance that we will see in what form he is now when he plays with Suarez and Messi (possibly against Levante).

Thiago10

I don't know if you're talking about me, but I never said I think he is or will become a flop. All I said is I'm not AS confident as I am about Mbappe and Coutinho.
If he develops correctly, I think he could win the Ballon D'Or.

Also, I'm not saying that based on this game alone obviously, it's just a gut feeling I have.

Total-Football

i dont know about dembele for the remainder of the season, we are in the raking period and results matter a lot. somewhat we have built this system based on a `minimalistic risk` which dembele doesn`t seem to fit (for now). he tries complicated stuff and im sure a lot of time he will succed in that but how about the system as a whole. i say keep playing 4 in the midfield, play dembele in safe games and only fully integrate him in the next pre_season with hopefully another set of recruited world class playerd. only then we can really try the fancy stuff and even have results all the while.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Remember how bad it was with Suarez the first few months after his ban.
Your only as good as your last game in football.
Indeed it took Suarez awhile to get settled in and it took awhile for him to bag his first La Liga goal as well. I remember some people thinking we made of mistake in selling Sanchez and buying Suarez after Sanchez hit the ground running at Arsenal.

Home of Barca Fans