11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

henias

Don't think he's arrogant or anything, just not mature enough. He's often late, which is bad, but nothing big to worry about. Fine will do. That goal was a treat, otherwise, solid game.

Pique and Neymar were often late as well, granted he's still a young kid and a new player that still will mature. Still needs to be shown more guidance off the pitch, and be given more support from the team. No reason to throw him under the bus and wanting him out and the media to keep provoking players.

xXKonan

The original reports that were talked during his time at Dortmund and when he got here were about is that he had a poor diet, but we haven't heard of any bad eating habits in a long time so I assume the club and technicians got him on the right track in that regard.

Journalists still talk about his entourage not being a great influence, yet they don't go into detail about it. There haven't been any reports of Dembele being some party animal nor that he drinks either. My biggest guess is that him and his bros (Friends) having a bad habit of playing Video games to much at night and other dumb mundane shit at home.

His entourage couldn't be anywhere near as bad as Neymars though.

Givenchy

hes not arrogant and i've seen people comparing him to Balotelli which is ridiculous.. the guy is still a kid, very immature and im sure huge wages + baller lifestyle at his age doesn't help. not to drag this off topic about Mbappe but thats one thing that Mbappe has over alot of talented youngsters, his attitude is great for his age (this could obviously go downhill as he learns from Neyboy). I believe Dembele is more talented than his piers but whether he actually realizes his full potential is down to him maturing.

I think its an issue in football today tbh.. how much wages do you pay young talented players? they are moving for so much money they don't really have to fight for a right to play either so its pretty easy for them to become complacent

it seems the spanish media have some weird agenda against him. its weird because Coutinho cost more, is older and doesn't get half as much shit.

Leo_Messi

That goal was freaking amazing. I caught myself screaming like a madman for a few seconds. Yet another "go screw yourself" message to Sport and the local toxic media and their pathetic witch-hunt that will not succeed. Rather the opposite. Let them continue. Dembélé will continue to prove them wrong until they will eventually shut up.

That goal symbolized everything that I want to see from Dembélé on a regular basis and what he is obviously very capable of doing regularly. Winning the ball after an aggressive early pressing and run not far from our penalty box (!) later to turn on the turbojet and make a mockery out of the Tottenham defense while displaying his amazing ambidextrous ability which is such a rare gift for a player of his talent. Add to that his insane quickness and you have a very dangerous weapon if used correctly. Only special players and talents can score goals like that.

Cadeau to Valverde for giring him playing time despite him coming late a few days earlier and the media noise related to this episode. He knew what he was doing starting him.

However there is one thing that I would want to see a lot more. Dembélé making more runs behind the defense. He should make more runs behind the defense and interchange positions with Suárez (yes, I know that he did not play tonight) or his other attacking partners whenever Messi is out there. When you have a player that is this quick you need to take advantage of this more often.

Last edited:

Devils

He actually retweeted a Romero tweet from today where all the responses were just trolling fatboy about Dembele. Lmao

[tw]1072548664646750208[/tw]

The kid is the GOAT.

El Flaco

Dembele's 1-0 goal vs. Tottenham

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/p3zcr/nboqav" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Iniesta brushed the subject:

However, he maintained that Dembele is an asset and must be nurtured instead of being completely shunned out.

“It is difficult to assess the situation [with Dembele] because I am no longer here,” Iniesta said.

“There has to be rules and responsibilities and, if not respected, the club and the squad should remedy the situation.

“He is a very important player for Barcelona.

“We must solve the errors and not kill them; kill them when there’s no cure.

“I do not think that the solution is hopeless; my advice is that this will come in time.”

Home of Barca Fans