Page 933 of 933 FirstFirst ... 433833883923931932933
Results 13,981 to 13,995 of 13995

Thread: 11 - Ousmane Dembélé

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    It's known Suarez has a clear agenda against Dembele. Just like Sport. And Valverde. For being black. And it's not a secret Suarez is a racist. If he wasn't a footballer, he'd be trolling here with us in Dembele's thread. Like other haters. With agenda. Right.
    Not sure what you're trying to bring across. Poor attempt at sarcasm. Weren't you slating his performance right from the start, and conveniently when the stories from the press came, you were right on his tail and all over this thread. Quick enough to go to BF's flop of the match to write his name. But went missing when the likes of Roberto or Rakitic played piss poor. Without an agenda. Right. You're not any different yourself.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    A hint for the future: De Jong and De Light are far from safe bets.
    Especially far from current high expectations where people think that they are no brainers and certain best players in their positions in the future.
    It doesn't work that way.
    Aye. Pretty much agreed. Especially for insane amounts of money. No need to look further than Dembele. Didn't he look like a world beater at Dortmund? Didn't he look good against Bayern (just like Ajax kids)? Now, 2 years after, 150 mil wasted, struggling with him both on and off the pitch. Kids need chances, true, as that can save lots of money. But there's no enough time for too many of them.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henias View Post
    Not sure what you're trying to bring across. Poor attempt at sarcasm. Weren't you slating his performance right from the start, and conveniently when the stories from the press came, you were right on his tail and all over this thread. Quick enough to go to BF's flop of the match to write his name. But went missing when the likes of Roberto or Rakitic played piss poor. Without an agenda. Right. You're not any different yourself.
    Believe it or not, I have no agenda against Dembele. I certainly wouldn't want the club to waste 100 + mill on nothing. When Sport started reporting the rumors, I thought there might be something there but 'agenda against black' lol. And with recent quotes from Suarez, Puyol (didn't he say something?), Valverde leaving him out of the squad, (not so recent) Pique... I think there surely is. Nothing big, but here you go.

Regarding Flop of the match votes... I don't believe I ever voted him unfairly. Many times I don't post there as majority will agree anyways.
    Last edited by Joan Laporta; Today at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joppe View Post
    hes clearly a kid who's a multi millionaire and he's set for life and knows it. he doesn't give a fuck since he thinks the can do anything he wants without consequesness. Spoilet brat basically, not Barca material.
    Can you balme him though? Self actualization is overrated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    Together with the concept of sarcasm on your list, isn't it?
    hard to spot sarcasm when there are people here that really believe all you said there

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    No.
    It is not as if I don't have ANY faith in young players.
    I have faith, but very low faith.
    And I am extremely cautious.

Based on 100s of youngsters seen in lots of clubs which I have loved and followed over years.
    And lots of real footballers from my city and region whom I knew personally and who's career I have followed since the age of 12-13 till the insane failures aged 25 or 30.
    I have some friends who were youth NT players in my country and were hyped for the greatest things, and ended playing in a German or Austrian 3rd division aged 30, lol.
    And even worse, if you want to play for Barca, the bar is set 100s times higher than that.

It's just a simple maths.
    Less than 0,01% of footballers in the world are good enough for Barca.
    Less than 1% footballers in top leagues are good enough for Barca.
    Usually around 70% of all transfers by Barca are failures (players of all ages).
    And between 80-90% of best La Masia kids and best world's prospects like Dembele, Malcom and Arthur end as not good enough for Barca.

I have "gave up" and accepted this over years and I don't want to fight against stats, numbers and history.
    I see that you and majority of guys haven't reached that level yet.

I can stop writing bad things about our youngsters, but that won't make them any good.
    Dembele and Malcom will still be equally as good. Or, more precisely: equally as average.

If you'll mention Arthur, well, 1 out of 5 or 1 out of 10 youngsters will make it here.
    The problem is that you guys have faith in more or less any highly rated youngster, while 1-2 out of 10 of those will make it here.

A hint for the future: De Jong and De Light are far from safe bets.
    Especially far from current high expectations where people think that they are no brainers and certain best players in their positions in the future.
    It doesn't work that way.

Or, to say it: it works that way. But roughly in 1 out 5 cases.

So, I could change my opinion about youngsters being able to make it at Barca and Real ONLY if a percentage of successful stories will significantly rise in upcoming years.
    But with current cases of Dembele, Malcom, Vinicius Jr and similar, it seems highly unlikely.
    They will fit perfectly in a pattern seen over and over in the last 30 years.

But as I have said, feel free to fight against numbers and stats, and feel free to hope that it will magically change (for no apparent reason) in 2019' and 2020' and onwards.
    Ok BBZ so far you were right and I was wrong regarding Dembele, that's fair to say but can you teach us a formula for implementing young players in the squad? Since you don't believe in Dembele, Malcom, Arthur, Alena, De Jong and De Light what would you do? Sign Rabiot? What's your recipe for the future? Also name ONE young player you like and who would strengthen our team apart from obviously Mbappe? Things you are saying are obvious but not taking a risk with young players and giving up on them immediately after few games is not the way to go.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he seems to me like he doesn't give a fuck,like someone said earlier,he's already multimilionaire and is set for life,also world cup winner by the age of 21 and member of one of the biggest clubs in the world...he reached the top in literally couple of years,is there any motive left for him?as it seems,clearly not

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great player.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel sorry that such a talented Player will Most likely never reach his Full potential with such an attitude, but it seems like karma for barca to me. Telling a player to go on strike to lower the asking price is dirty. This outcome feels deserved

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by puri View Post
    I feel sorry that such a talented Player will Most likely never reach his Full potential with such an attitude, but it seems like karma for barca to me. Telling a player to go on strike to lower the asking price is dirty. This outcome feels deserved
    Let's for the sake of argument agree Barca told him to do that.

You do realize he went on a strike to go to Borussia Dortmund right?

You do realize Jadon Sancho went AWOL with Man City not able to contact him for weeks while he still was in their academy and youth team right? And he did that to force a move to Borussia Dortmund.

If this is karma, then the same will strike you when Sancho repeats what Dembele did, but perhaps this time he will go to Bayern Munchen instead of somewhere else, and light it up there.

Now that will be karma.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it 100% confirmed that Barca told him to strike though? looking at how hes behaving here i won't be suprised if he came up with that 'genius' idea himself. we paid 120mil so its not like it worked anyway

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronniecro View Post
    he seems to me like he doesn't give a fuck,like someone said earlier,he's already multimilionaire and is set for life,also world cup winner by the age of 21 and member of one of the biggest clubs in the world...he reached the top in literally couple of years,is there any motive left for him?as it seems,clearly not
    how has he reached the top? He's achieved less than Lucas Digne ffs

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCB1987 View Post
    how has he reached the top? He's achieved less than Lucas Digne ffs
    tbh i wouldn't be suprised if Dembele actually does think 'ive made it' ... he also has a world cup winners medal which he played fuck all part in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Let's for the sake of argument agree Barca told him to do that.

You do realize he went on a strike to go to Borussia Dortmund right?

You do realize Jadon Sancho went AWOL with Man City not able to contact him for weeks while he still was in their academy and youth team right? And he did that to force a move to Borussia Dortmund.

If this is karma, then the same will strike you when Sancho repeats what Dembele did, but perhaps this time he will go to Bayern Munchen instead of somewhere else, and light it up there.

Now that will be karma.
    I‘m Not going to argue on those points with you. Even thougj I feel in Both instances it went a little different. But the way it went with dembele i think we got enough bad karma last season. I would name mkhitaryan as a similar Situation though. That didnt Go well for Dortmund either. I dont condone that though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He didn't strike to go to Dortmund tho, that was 2015 when he wanted to join RB Salzburg.
    Last edited by MTL_Barca; Today at 08:20 PM.