User Tag List

Page 632 of 979 FirstFirst ... 132532582622630631632633634642682732 ... LastLast
Results 9,466 to 9,480 of 14675

Thread: 11 - Ousmane Dembélé

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by krakdol View Post
    Didn't read this big wall of text, but what looks likely to me is Dembélé made the wrong choice signing in Barcelona with Valverde. He was a star in Bundesliga, he should have stayed at least another year instead of losing his time and progression on Barcelona bench.

If they wanted a rightback or a defensive midfielder, then clearly the club paid $150 million for nothing because that's not what he is and he'll never be good at that. It's like buying young Pelé and asking him to play as a central defender, it's just stupid.
    You are taking things out of context.

Dembele is not supposed to defend like crazy nor play like a RB or a defensive midfielder.

But, when the team is in defensive phase, he's supposed to help at the back.
    Neymar used to do this all the time, was it a wrong move for him to come to Barca too? More or less, everyone does, that's how it works.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valverde is killing him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgar View Post
    Valverde is killing him
    he is also killing La Masia. Are the talents coming up that bad that they don't even get a chance anymore??

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    You are taking things out of context.

Dembele is not supposed to defend like crazy nor play like a RB or a defensive midfielder.

But, when the team is in defensive phase, he's supposed to help at the back.
    Neymar used to do this all the time, was it a wrong move for him to come to Barca too? More or less, everyone does, that's how it works.

I loved Neymar but he was playin alot more further up the pitch in a different system where he had Iniesta and Alba behind him. Its quite obvious that our right side gets targeted more frequently whenever Segi is playin

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bullshit, most likely.

There is no word of that story anywhere, even Sport don’t have anything on it on their official pages.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afromaticz View Post
    I loved Neymar but he was playin alot more further up the pitch in a different system where he had Iniesta and Alba behind him. Its quite obvious that our right side gets targeted more frequently whenever Segi is playin
    It's all true but I don't see your point. Are you saying that Neymar didn't trace back?

My point is: winger (be it in 433 or 442) has to defend when the team is in defensive phase.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    It's all true but I don't see your point. Are you saying that Neymar didn't trace back?

My point is: winger (be it in 433 or 442) has to defend when the team is in defensive phase.
    No..all im saying is that those players behind Neymar bailed him out whenever he messed up which was alot at the beginning but Dembele obviously doesn’t have that luxury

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^Facts. There were times throughout the Chelsea game where Dembele literally had to play the right back because Sergi was nowhere to be found on defense. It's clear that problem is Sergi and not Dembele

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    It started here:

1. then he ate McDonalds all the time
    2. doesn't know how to stretch properly during warming up
    3. strange things about his injuries
    4. some weird decisions on a field this season etc

Hard to tell how smart or dumb he is, but he surely won't be a new Xavi who can predict 5 moves by his teammates and opponents in advance.
    But Dembele did a lot of "strange" things this season for us to raise some question marks.
    what is wrong with that interview?
    I too am left footed and prefer to shoot with my right, I assume he prefers first touches, dribbling foot and which he uses as a balance keeper to be his left foot but seems to be ambidextrious enough to prefer to shoot with his right.. or well that is my case and it's not unheard of

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkers View Post
    ^^^Facts. There were times throughout the Chelsea game where Dembele literally had to play the right back because Sergi was nowhere to be found on defense. It's clear that problem is Sergi and not Dembele
    What does that mean that he played as a RB?

He had to keep an eye on Alonso, Alonso was his player. Hazard was Sergi's. When Hazard cuts inside and Alonso occupies the space at the wing, Dembele needs to track back.

Roberto would need to be Messi of defending in order to cut both Hazard and Alonso out. Nobody can do that. That doesn't mean that the winger has to play as a RB.
    That's normal defending any coach would use.

If you expect a FB to cover for a winger completely so that the later doesn't have to defend at all, of course the problem will be with the FB.

That said, Roberto has his flaws, but try to act rationally.
    Last edited by Joan Laporta; 16th April 2018 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see Alba as a superior defender than sergi roberto, unless you consider his acceleration and pace as a mechanism in defense then sure
    but neymar didn't have abidal or anyone very defensive behind him to bail him out idk where this rumor came from... he did have iniesta and alba helping defensively which is 4-3-3 has many benefits compared to the rigid 4-4-2

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothanks View Post
    I don't see Alba as a superior defender than sergi roberto, unless you consider his acceleration and pace as a mechanism in defense then sure
    but neymar didn't have abidal or anyone very defensive behind him to bail him out idk where this rumor came from... he did have iniesta and alba helping defensively which is 4-3-3 has many benefits compared to the rigid 4-4-2
    Alba is, after all, a defender and Roberto is not. He's better one on one. I do think he's a better one but Alba is not some defensive LB.

Neymar did have his share of fuckups, losing the ball etc. but the point is - he always tracked back.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    It started here:

1. then he ate McDonalds all the time
    2. doesn't know how to stretch properly during warming up
    3. strange things about his injuries
    4. some weird decisions on a field this season etc

Hard to tell how smart or dumb he is, but he surely won't be a new Xavi who can predict 5 moves by his teammates and opponents in advance.
    But Dembele did a lot of "strange" things this season for us to raise some question marks.
    Lol there is absolutely nothing wrong with that youtube video and would u care to elaborate on those weird on field decisions that you’re talkin about
    Last edited by Afromaticz; 17th April 2018 at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afromaticz View Post
    Lol there is absolutely nothing wrong with that youtube video and would u care to elaborate on those weird on field decisions that you’re talkin about
    You can go back and read this topic after some matches.

He had some nice amount of bad decisions, which could be explained with his youth, or low IQ, or both.
    Time will tell.

Also, those matches when he was slipping like 10 times per match like another not so bright footballer, Alexis Sanchez.

Anyway, time will tell whether he was just young and confused, or not the brightest lad out there.
    Also, we currently suck so hard that I don't mind if we play Dembele, Alena and all young kids.
    We lost a CL, we play like shit and we are lost currently.

I lost patience with EV and half of our current players after Roma, so Dembele, Alena and others can't be much worse.
    We won't win a CL either way anytime soon with our current rooster, a coach, our pussy mental strength, horrible physical skills, no plan B in our tactics, Barto, it seems.
    So, we can just play youngsters, at least fans will be happier.

We have 12 Months to experiment until another disastrous CL defeat in quarters of 2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    News is breaking from a Barça insider that Valverde and Dembele had a bust up and almost came to blows in training today. Apparently, Valverde racially abused Dembele. Luis Suarez had to intervene and stop it. [sport]