User Tag List

Page 894 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 394794844884892893894895896904944994 ... LastLast
Results 13,396 to 13,410 of 16470

Thread: 11 - Ousmane Dembélé

  1. #13396
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,650
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    He should start tonight.
    😂 No way Valverde changes his gala 11

  2. #13397
    Senior Member
    BBZ8800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,664
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by denn View Post
    Let me just remind you to this nonsense LMAOO
    So:
    Rafinha played good against Inter.
    And bad against Real and Rayo.

    People are laughing at him.

    Shiny Gem-bele:
    Played like the worst player in the world against Sevilla and deserved several Months of being benched.
    Played good for 20 minutes against Real.
    Played like a crap again against a 3rd div team in a CDR.
    Played like a crap against Rayo, except scoring a goal.

    So, in the last 4 matches, Gem-bele had 20 minutes (Real) and 20 seconds (goal against Rayo) of a useful play.
    And you are shitting on Rafinha.

    Cool story, lol.

    I mean, why are we even bothering in debating?
    Admit it. For a majority of guys, EV will be an idiot UNTIL:
    1. he plays Gembele in every match, since he is a gem, young and has potential
    2. plays Malcom for 30 minutes in every match
    3. plays Semedo as a RB, no brainer, right?
    4. plays Alena in the last 20-30 minutes of a match
    5. and also, to give Vidal some minutes
    6. plays Arthur in every match
    7. and a bonus request, to play the most shiny lineup possible: Alba-Umtiti-Pique (or even bench him)-Semedo, Busi-Coutinho-Arthur, Gembele-Suarez-Messi

    Until EV will do all of these 7, he will be trashed after every single match.

    Is there even any need to comment Dempele after his last 4 matches?
    Be serious.

    Currently he looks like a 40M player at best, and even that is questionable.

  3. #13398
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoichkov1 View Post
    Messi is the player who has the most touches on the ball in the team on average.
    He's not, no. As per WhoScored.com Arturo Vidal, Ivan Rakitic, Arthur, Sergio Busquets and Jordi Alba all have more touches per 90 minutes of football than Messi has.

  4. #13399
    Banned

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    429
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He shouldnt start today, will have many ball losses which will cause many counter attacks for Inter

  5. #13400
    Member
    Bulgroz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please, keep going. I love to see El Trencaxarxes giving stats and solid arguments against a 14yo troll and a guy who uses FIFA stats as a scientific proof. It's absolutely fascinating.

  6. #13401
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    519
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulgroz View Post
    Please, keep going. I love to see El Trencaxarxes giving stats and solid arguments against a 14yo troll and a guy who uses FIFA stats as a scientific proof. It's absolutely fascinating.

  7. #13402
    Senior Member
    BBZ8800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,664
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulgroz View Post
    Please, keep going. I love to see El Trencaxarxes giving stats and solid arguments against a 14yo troll and a guy who uses FIFA stats as a scientific proof. It's absolutely fascinating.
    Personal insults again.
    That says a lot about your arguments.

    Also, this is fun lately, whoever doesn't like someone's favorite player is: a troll or a RM fan.

    Regarding El Trencax's stats, lol. He used only attacking stats, which shows that Dembele is one of the best creators in our team, no shit Sherlock.
    Who are his opponents?
    Suarez who can't play a simple pass?
    Rakitic a babysitter?
    Arthur, who is learning currently how to play a forward pass here and there?
    A pivot Busi?
    Semedo with 0 assists in 2 years for Barca?
    Basically, his only opponents are Messi and Coutinho.

    Can I use similar stats showing that Adama is the best dribbler?
    Or how awesome Paulinho is due to a ratio of shooting attempts vs goals scored ratio.
    Or how Semedo has 0 assists at Barca in 2 seasons, which is a truly amazing achievement.

    A short info: we have learned over the years that we can do anything with stats.
    We can twist them in any possible way.
    I have done it 100s of times, the same as 100s of other guys, to fit their agenda.
    It is hard to be too objective when you love/hate some players or EV.
    I can use SOME stats to show how Messi is indisputable best in everything.
    Or I can cherry pick stats showing how he was below his standard in CL knockout games since 2013 and in knockout games on world cups.
    Anyone can turn Suarez into a best goalscorer ever for Barca, using SOME stats.
    Or, we can make him look like shit with cherry picking stats from CL knockout games.
    Cr7 can be better than Messi or way weaker than Messi, based on which stats do you cherry pick.

    Saying how Dembele, as a winger is one of our most dangerous players is equal to throwing stats how Pique and Umtiti are among our players with the highest number of tackles and interceptions.
    And that should show how Pique is actually good, right?
    If we would have the same team and Adama instead of Dembele, Adama would be in top 2-3 players involved in a highest amount of dangerous situations in attack.
    If we would have Deulofeu instead of Dembele, the same.
    Of course that he would have been among the top3-4 also.
    And wait, now since Deulofeu has more goals/key passes/dribbles/assists than Rafinha or some midfielder, that is a proof how Deulofeu/Dembele have to play?
    Well, it depends what a coach needs.
    I have said a lot of times: we already have (in majority of matches) enough of attacking power even with 4 midfielders plus Messi and Suarez.

    Newsflash: nobody is denying that Dembele is good in attack.
    A problem are: his IQ, not being fit to our team, a lack of chemistry with teammates, bad defending, weird positioning and off the ball movement, questionable work ethic.
    Ask your mate to use stats about those things.

    About my FIFA scientific proven facts, can you find stats which will show that Dempele isn't the worst defender in a current Barca's team and who is sometimes painful to watch when he is trying to close down an opponent.

    If I am making mistakes in my post, forgive me, mate.
    I am still only 14.

    For the end, how to not add some trolling and harsher words in posts after a post like yours.
    Last edited by BBZ8800; 6th November 2018 at 12:09 PM.

  8. #13403
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    Regarding El Trencax's stats, lol. He used only attacking stats, which shows that Dembele is one of the best creators in our team, no shit Sherlock.
    See, you say that but reading the last 10-15-20 pages of this thread you would think that Dembélé does not create a lot, that Dembélé is not a goalscoring threat to be reckoned with and that he is not a world-class talent that has shown so much more at this stage of his career, than countless other footballers have. Let me just quickly reiterate a point: The current favourite for winning Ballon d'Or this year was playing in Dinamo Zagreb when he was Dembélé's aged. Maybe we should stop overreacting to the nth degree every single time one of our players perform slightly worse than we had expected them to. Especially when, at the end of the day, they are still scoring and assisting a lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    Can I use similar stats showing that Adama is the best dribbler?
    You probably can. I don't think that would be an unfair assessment. Adama is right up there with the likes Messi, Hazard and Neymar. Not only does he complete at a ton of dribbles every single game, but he also does it with staggering efficiency. Adama is undoubtedly one of the best dribblers in the game, so what exactly is your point?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    Or how awesome Paulinho is due to a ratio of shooting attempts vs goals scored ratio.
    Actually, Paulinho scored fewer goals last season that he was statistically expected to. His non-penalty expected goals were more than two goals above his actual non-penalty goal tally.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    Or how Semedo has 0 assists at Barca in 2 seasons, which is a truly amazing achievement.
    That's actually not true. I don't know what your point is here either. Semedo doesn't create a lot of goalscoring opportunities. He holds back.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    A short info: we have learned over the years that we can do anything with stats.
    We can twist them in any possible way.
    I have done it 100s of times, the same as 100s of other guys, to fit their agenda.
    It is hard to be too objective when you love/hate some players or EV.
    I can use SOME stats to show how Messi is indisputable best in everything.
    Or I can cherry pick stats showing how he was below his standard in CL knockout games since 2013 and in knockout games on world cups.
    Anyone can turn Suarez into a best goalscorer ever for Barca, using SOME stats.
    Or, we can make him look like shit with cherry picking stats from CL knockout games.
    Cr7 can be better than Messi or way weaker than Messi, based on which stats do you cherry pick.
    I'm not sure what your point is. I would never dare suggest that statistics can paint a full picture. What I will suggest, however, is that they can be a useful tool to asses in exactly which aspects of the game a player is consistently contributing constructively. You can look at defensive actions, offensive actions, ball retention, and a load of other statistics to try and gauge exactly where a player has his fortes. And that is exactly what I have been trying to show the choir of doomsday-critics of Dembélé lately. While Rafinha is certainly good and contributes in a lot of areas, it's stupid to pretend that he is as big a creative and offensive capacity as Dembélé. Dembélé is one of the most talented players in the world in those aspects. Rafinha can't be a one-to-one stand-in for Dembélé and vice-versa.

    Also, for fuck's sake please spell his name properly instead of this Gem-bele or Dempele gimmick. It legitimately makes you come across as a 10-year old.

  9. #13404
    Senior Member
    BBZ8800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,664
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For anyone who is describing this as a good match, you can count it for yourself:

    Forward passes: 2
    1 successful
    1 bad

    Dribbles: 0
    0 successful
    1 failed

    Crosses: 6
    1 successful
    5 lost balls

    1 goal scored.
    And 5+ backpasses

    So, he scored a goal, which is awesome.
    Other than that, in attacking actions, he had 9 attempts:
    1 good pass, 1 good cross and 7 lost balls (1 dribble, 1 forward pass, 5 crosses):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttCWhVOTtbI

    Do I need to add Sevilla's video and Leonesa video also?
    That is 3 out of 4 horrible displays in the last 14 days.

    And then when some say that Dembele plays like shit overall and that he is lucky with goals like Paulinho the last season, you get offended like teen girls.
    He is a 150M player.
    And he is either equal to a poor Rafinha, or slightly better.

    Which is sad and not good enough, either way.

  10. #13405
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    211
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    clearly he should start over rafinha any day. doesn't even matter if he does nothing all game as long as he scores the winning goal. we need a WIN TONIGHT

  11. #13406
    Member
    Bulgroz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    Personal insults again.
    That says a lot about your arguments.

    Also, this is fun lately, whoever doesn't like someone's favorite player is: a troll or a RM fan.

    Regarding El Trencax's stats, lol. He used only attacking stats, which shows that Dembele is one of the best creators in our team, no shit Sherlock.

    Can I use similar stats showing that Adama is the best dribbler?
    Or how awesome Paulinho is due to a ratio of shooting attempts vs goals scored ratio.
    Or how Semedo has 0 assists at Barca in 2 seasons, which is a truly amazing achievement.

    A short info: we have learned over the years that we can do anything with stats.
    We can twist them in any possible way.
    I can use SOME stats to show how Messi is indisputable best in everything.
    Or I can cherry pick stats showing how he was below his standard in CL knockout games since 2013 and in knockout games on world cups.
    Anyone can turn Suarez into a best goalscorer ever for Barca, using SOME stats.
    Or, we can make him look like shit with cherry picking stats from CL knockout games.
    Cr7 can be better than Messi or way weaker than Messi, based on which stats do you cherry pick.

    About my FIFA scientific proven facts, can you find stats which will show that Dempele isn't the worst defender in a current Barca's team and who is sometimes painful to watch when he is trying to close down an opponent.

    If I am making mistakes in my post, forgive me, mate.
    I am still only 14.

    I will improve over years (and maybe I'll start to appreciate genius skills from guys like Dempele, which I am not seeing now).

    For the end, how to not add some trolling and harsher words in posts after post like yours.
    Where's the personal insult ? Did you not read the "and" between "a 14yo troll" and "a guy who uses FIFA stats as a scientific proof" ? I didn't insult you, I just stated a fact: you're a guy who uses FIFA stats as a scientific proof. We all know who the 14yo troll is (hint n°1: he's a guy who managed to post more in a month than some regular users who've been here for several years; hint n°2: since apparently the first hint wasn't clear enough, IT'S NOT YOU).

    I really am puzzled at your reaction honestly. I don't think I've ever picked a fight or insulted anyone here (except that said 14yo troll, but once again, I'm pretty sure everyone here has come to the same conclusion as me). I try to be reasonable and open minded when I'm debating (which can be hard sometimes, granted), and when I offend people without wanting to, I apologize.
    You might be mistaken when you're saying I'm insulting you "again" then.

    But most importantly: it was a joke. Chill out dude, seriously.

  12. #13407
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    For anyone who is describing this as a good match, you can count it for yourself:

    Forward passes: 2
    1 successful
    1 bad

    Dribbles: 0
    0 successful
    1 failed

    Crosses: 6
    1 successful
    5 lost balls

    1 goal scored.
    And 5+ backpasses

    So, he scored a goal, which is awesome.
    Other than that, in attacking actions, he had 9 attempts:
    1 good pass, 1 good cross and 7 lost balls (1 dribble, 1 forward pass, 5 crosses):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttCWhVOTtbI
    Now, while you're at it, won't you be a darling and tell us what Rafinha and Coutinho did during their time on the pitch on Saturday?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    Do I need to add Sevilla's video and Leonesa video also?
    That is 3 out of 4 horrible displays in the last 14 days.
    And yet here we are, with Dembélé scoring once and assisting twice in those games. Once again, can you tell me exactly what Rafinha and Coutinho did? Dembélé was a game changer against Real. He forced their entire backline backwards every time he had the ball and was running towards their goal. Without his goal against Rayo, we either would have lost two or three points. Face it, scoring goals and generating good goalscoring opportunities is alfa and omega in football. If you don't score goals, you don't win. It's a simple as that. And Dembélé does both far better than Rafinha and every bit as well as Coutinho.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    And then when some say that Dembele plays like shit overall and that he is lucky with goals like Paulinho the last season, you get offended like teen girls.
    That is, quite frankly, an embarrassing rhetoric. Especially considering your own tone and choice of words throughout your comments.

  13. #13408
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    638
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    For anyone who is describing this as a good match, you can count it for yourself:

    Forward passes: 2
    1 successful
    1 bad

    Dribbles: 0
    0 successful
    1 failed

    Crosses: 6
    1 successful
    5 lost balls

    1 goal scored.
    And 5+ backpasses

    So, he scored a goal, which is awesome.
    Other than that, in attacking actions, he had 9 attempts:
    1 good pass, 1 good cross and 7 lost balls (1 dribble, 1 forward pass, 5 crosses):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttCWhVOTtbI

    Do I need to add Sevilla's video and Leonesa video also?
    That is 3 out of 4 horrible displays in the last 14 days.

    And then when some say that Dembele plays like shit overall and that he is lucky with goals like Paulinho the last season, you get offended like teen girls.
    He is a 150M player.
    And he is either equal to a poor Rafinha, or slightly better.

    Which is sad and not good enough, either way.
    on this video, I have never seen a player try as many centers in 20 minutes of the match. it is obvious that Dembélé has returned to the field to conquer.
    we can see in this video that he has created many opportunities for incalculable goals.

    Remember that he is also behind the third goal. It is him who gives the ball to Sergi roberto for the 3rd goal of Suarez.

  14. #13409
    Senior Member
    BBZ8800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,664
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Trencaxarxes View Post
    See, you say that but reading the last 10-15-20 pages of this thread you would think that Dembélé does not create a lot, that Dembélé is not a goalscoring threat to be reckoned with and that he is not a world-class talent that has shown so much more at this stage of his career, than countless other footballers have. Let me just quickly reiterate a point: The current favourite for winning Ballon d'Or this year was playing in Dinamo Zagreb when he was Dembélé's aged. Maybe we should stop overreacting to the nth degree every single time one of our players perform slightly worse than we had expected them to. Especially when, at the end of the day, they are still scoring and assisting a lot.
    Hi, Trencax.
    You are a new guy here, and you see like a good guy, with interesting posts.
    I will give you a little info about history of fights, stats and similar here.

    Personally, I am a fan of hardworking players and I don't mind EV's tactics that much, as majority of guys here who are leaning towards Pep's glory days.
    Not to go too offtopic, my opinion is that we can't play in Pep's way anymore. That style is outdated and figured out by opponents.
    So, it is time for something new and football evolved towards more pace, strength, stamina (and height) in the last 10 years.
    Pure skills are not enough anymore, you need way more physique than 10 or 20 years ago. On top of technique, of course.

    Since I am fighting currently, I was also a hater of Neymar and I never liked his style here.
    He did bring 100s of good things to a team with his style of play, but he brought 100s of problems also.
    Not only in terms of behavior, but in terms of tactics (holding the ball too long, not passing the ball to teammates, in 60% of actions when he received the ball, the action resulted in a foul, lose ball, failed dribble or his solo action and a long range attempt, to name a few).
    When he finally left, I thought that we will see a brighter days for our club, with a different type of a player, who will be more of a teamplayer/hardworking player (I would like to see some more skillful Pedro, for example).
    But we got Neymar's replica, but the sad thing is: a way, way weaker version with similar virtues and flaws.

    So, when I shit of Dembele, I don't like that type of players.

    Further, imo, in a weaker team, like Dortmund, where Dembele was a key player, he was bringing more GOOD things than BAD things.
    So, when he played there, in an average team, with a weaker attacking power, his flaws were not as deadly as in Barca.
    But here, we can use several different types of attacking power:
    1. we can hold the ball till death and eventually create chances (Dembele doesn't fit there)
    2. we can have players like Messi/Ronaldinho who's rate of good passes is higher than Dembele's
    3. or: we can have someone like Dembele to do what he is doing currently

    So, you see, I am not saying that Dembele isn't a good player.
    He is.
    But you have levels:
    No1 tier: Barca/Real/Bayern/City
    No2 tier: Juve, Atletico, Psg, Chelsea, Liverpool
    No3 tier: Roma, Milan, Dortmund, Arsenal, current Man Utd, Tottenham
    No4 tier: Sevilla, Lazio, Lyon etc etc
    So, if a player is not good enough for being Barca's leader, that is not an insult, since 99,99% of players in the world are NOT good enough for Barca.

    Imo, he is not good enough for us to rely on him and build our future on him.
    I see him at a level of Alexis Sanchez currently: a good player, and when given a free role and more trust, he can be awesome.
    But he can be Dortmund/Arsenal/Chile level of awesome.
    Not Barca/Real level of awesome.

    I will make an analogy with Rakitic.
    I am a fan of Rakitic, but we all agree that in some moments and in some aspects, he is far from Barca's level in terms of shortpasses and Barca's DNA level of creativity.
    And while Rakitic is good, a question will always remain whether Barca would be better with some Coutinhos/Thiagos and similar players in his place and whether we would reach greater heights that way.
    I wouldn't change Rakitic due to his workrate and defending, but I can agree with guys who are questioning him regarding his technical/creativity area.

    Now, the same as how Rakitic is good, but it is questionable whether he is good enough to lead us to a CL glory on his shoulders, that is how I look at Dembele.
    He is good, very good, but imo, he is NOT Barca's good in terms of being a guy on whom we should build our future around.
    And we should move on to someone better.

    His IQ is questionable. His playing style is not fit for us.
    His professionalism is questionable. He is too young in a lot of aspects.
    He doesn't seem to have leadership ability and a fighting spirit required to be a leader of Barca's attack.
    He is average in simple passes, and first touch sometimes.
    In one moment he will pull Messi's move, in the next 3 actions he will look like Andre Gomes with his strange passes.

    Regarding stats, a lot of users were doing this over years, where you pick a certain stat to make a player look particularly good.
    Again, Rakitic is average in creativity for Barca's level.
    But he is good in workrate, long balls, long shots and defending. And he doesn't lose nerves easily.
    Now, if you'll pick only his creative stats, you can make him look average and how Alena/Rafinha or anyone should play instead of him.
    But if you'll look only at his workrate and defensive stats, he can look like the best hardworking midfield in the world.
    So, which one of those is true: is he a crap (in creativity) or the best hardworking midfielder in the world?
    = the answer is: both.
    Or: somewhere in the middle.

    But over years, majority of us were doing the same:
    1. if you like a player, you will use stats which make him look good
    2. if you dislike some player, you will use stats in which he looks really bad

    Regarding Dembele:
    1. you can post his goals ratio per minute, and Dembele will look like a beast
    2. you can post his involvement in attacking passes, assists, goals, and he will look like Ronaldinho

    But also:
    1. I can post how many balls he is losing, and make him look like Deulofeu
    2. how many counters we suffered after his lost balls, failed dribbles, bad crosses
    3. how he isn't defending, and we are suffering 2 vs 1 situations against us on a right flank due to him
    4. how he is the worst defender in our team
    5. how he is disrupting our possession game with his weird movement and bad passes (compared to even Rafinha, for example)

    And again, which one is true, your stats or mine?
    = well, both of them

    This is: twisting stats, picking stats to fit your agenda and cherry picking stats.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Trencaxarxes View Post
    You probably can. I don't think that would be an unfair assessment. Adama is right up there with the likes Messi, Hazard and Neymar. Not only does he complete at a ton of dribbles every single game, but he also does it with staggering efficiency. Adama is undoubtedly one of the best dribblers in the game, so what exactly is your point?
    Again, you are new here and we have discussed that for 100s of times.
    In short: Adama has awesome dribbles, but is an extremely dumb player.
    And even though he has good dribbles, his overall game has too many flaws and he is nowhere near good enough for Barca's level.

    This is why I have said: if you put Adama in: Arthur-Busi-Raki, Adama-Suarez-Messi=Adama will also be the 2nd or the 3rd best player in our team (attacking wise, assists wise after Messi.
    But he still wouldn't be good enough for Barca's level.

    So, let's go back to Dembele: when you said that he is among top 2-3 players in our team in terms of creating attacking danger, my point was: so what?
    = that is normal for Barca's winger.
    = but, his overall play and contribution is currently not good enough (imo) for Barca's level. And EV thinks the same. Deschamps also.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Trencaxarxes View Post
    Actually, Paulinho scored fewer goals last season that he was statistically expected to. His non-penalty expected goals were more than two goals above his actual non-penalty goal tally.
    Another thing about which a forum agrees: Paulinho scored a lot of goals, but his overall play was bad.
    So, his goals were masking his bad displays often.
    This is why some of us are comparing Paulinho with Dembele.
    Both were playing bad overall, and both were scoring goals which made them better than they actually were.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Trencaxarxes View Post
    I don't know what your point is here either. Semedo doesn't create a lot of goalscoring opportunities. He holds back.
    It is about twisting stats.
    If you like Semedo, you can say: he is much better than Roberto blah blah.
    If you don't like Semedo, you can just say: a guy played 50-60 matches for Barca and has 0 assists. Is that even possible? (To show how bad he is in attack).

    The point again is: cherrypicking stats to suit someone's agenda.

    Stats are fickle and can be used in extreme ways.
    And you aren't actually lying with using these stats.
    It is just not the whole truth, but a part of truth which you want to "sell".

    Quote Originally Posted by El Trencaxarxes View Post
    I'm not sure what your point is. I would never dare suggest that statistics can paint a full picture. What I will suggest, however, is that they can be a useful tool to asses in exactly which aspects of the game a player is consistently contributing constructively. You can look at defensive actions, offensive actions, ball retention, and a load of other statistics to try and gauge exactly where a player has his fortes. And that is exactly what I have been trying to show the choir of doomsday-critics of Dembélé lately. While Rafinha is certainly good and contributes in a lot of areas, it's stupid to pretend that he is as big a creative and offensive capacity as Dembélé. Dembélé is one of the most talented players in the world in those aspects. Rafinha can't be a one-to-one stand-in for Dembélé and vice-versa.
    I get you.
    But each of us has a different view on football.
    A lot of guys here are laughing at me when I mentioning height and muscles (plus technique) in 2018'.
    They don't rate those skills, fine.
    they think that technique alone is enough in 2018, fine.

    I am more a fan of hardworking Rakitics, Pedros and similar, with 1-2-3 Messis/Ronaldinhos upfront.
    So, a team with a lot of hardworkers with technique and a few aliens in attack to kill the opponents.

    The point is, I personally think (and it seems that EV thinks the same) that you don't need to have 5 magicians in the team.
    I think that it is enough to have 3 magicians in attack. Sometimes even only 2.
    For example, I would play with Arthur-Raki-Busi, Coutinho-Suarez-Messi.
    That is 3 hardowrkers in the middle, one midfileder-magician in attack (Cou) and two attackers-magicians in Messi and Suarez.
    Imo, that is ENOUGH of attacking power for 95% of matches.

    On the other hand, a lot of guys (fans) would like to see MORE attacking magic, like:
    Coutinho-Arthur in midfield and Dembele-Suarez-Messi in attack, which is now 4 magicians in a team.
    For me, that is too much.
    For you maybe, that is good.

    On the other hand, there are probably guys who would push even more and play with 5 magicians, let's say in the last season: Busi-Cou-Iniesta, Dembele-Messi-Suarez.
    So, some guys think that it is worth to play even with 5 magicians.
    I think that we will gain a little in attack that way, and lose too much in midfield's balance and defending (not to mention in terms of workrate, muscles etc).

    So, since you are talking about Rafinha vs Dembele, it doesn't mean that Rafinha is a better player than Dembele.
    It means that for EV's setup where he already has enough of an attacking power upfront (magicians), a guy like Rafinha is more useful than ANOTHER magician.

    I don't like Dembele, but I could agree that he could play more WHEN Messi was injured since we had only magicians Cou and Suarez (EV have done the same tonight).
    On the other hand, if Messi and Coutinho would have been injured, then even I would call for: we need to play Dembele, and even Malcom.

    So, you see, imo, it is not about Dembele ALONE, it is about context.
    If we have Coutinho, Suarez, Messi on a field: I personally DON'T need more magicians (Dembele) then.
    If Messi is out=well, Dembele could play then and he will play tonight.
    Of Cou and Messi are out=Dembele needs to play.

    I will write another analogy:
    If we are playing 433 with Alba-Umtiti-Pique-Roberto, that is a 4men defense.
    And now, someone could say: but if we put EVEN Lenglet on a field, we will have even better defense.
    And that is true.
    But then, why would we play with 5 players in a backline, if you get me?
    Sure, 3 Cbs will defend better than 2 Cbs, but then we will lose one man in attack or in the middle.

    The same is with Dembele. If we have Cou, Suarez, Messi, my question is: why would we need Dembele in that moment on a field?
    = this is enough of magic, for me personally.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Trencaxarxes View Post
    Also, for fuck's sake please spell his name properly instead of this Gem-bele or Dempele gimmick. It legitimately makes you come across as a 10-year old.
    I am pissed personally when people are too blinded by some players.
    This user Maxim4, regardless of how bad Dembele will play, writes: DemPele about him...

    So, I have lost nerves due to a lack of objectivity from fanboys so I had to shit on Dembele to bring back some balance.
    On the other hand, if we are allowed to call Neymar: Divemar, Moneymar, Neyclown, and if EV was called his Retardo Valverde, Dembele will survive with a few of nicknames.

  15. #13410
    Senior Member
    pregra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    735
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One great skill, proceded by one of the worst shots of all time. Been absolute crap for the rest of the game. Not even remotely close to being on the same frequency as the rest of the team.

Tags for this Thread