User Tag List

Page 833 of 1130 FirstFirst ... 333733783823831832833834835843883933 ... LastLast
Results 12,481 to 12,495 of 16945

Thread: 11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Vice President of FC Barcelona
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim4 View Post
    I do not agree with you for Dembéle. he could have had a goal and help in the second half.
    his overall passing is very poor (I'm not talking about the final pass only, but buildup play). He seems to hit defenders every time he passes the ball. He really needs to improve on that front. Make him do Rondos till the spurs match and fine Messi every time he does the crossbar challenge

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    I've decided I'm not going to make judgements on Dembele, Arthur, Semedo, Lenglet and Malcolm's future at Barca until they play under a new manager.
    Replace new with very good and I agree. There are worse managers than Valverde we can hire.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good performance of Dembélé
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mfK3gZ2xa_I

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's improving. Looked much better yesterday than in some of the games in which he scored but was terrible in general play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is good but suffers the same thing that every youngster in the team Valverde, if he wasn't our second most expensive signing he would be in the bench with Malcom and Arthur.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim4 View Post
    good performance of Dembélé
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mfK3gZ2xa_I
    how low are the standards if that's a good performance....

Dembele honestly doesn't look much better than someone like Rashford imo. Martial at 19 was better than he is now

Blaugrana al vent
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCB1987 View Post
    how low are the standards if that's a good performance....

Dembele honestly doesn't look much better than someone like Rashford imo. Martial at 19 was better than he is now
    Martial at 22 is also worse than Dembele is now.

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Dembele there is just a slight issue of timing and holding back a little too long. He keeps trying to feint the opponent by holding back and releasing at a delayed time which seems to fail. Think with training he will be able to improve this still needing to adjust to Spanish level.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's not forget how much Neymar struggled in his first season with us.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Hmmm, but Neymar talent was always clearer than Dembele tbf, he ball control was way more tight same with his first tough and passing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neymar was the kind of player you felt he was going to live up to that hype like mbappe also, dembele does not have that vibe, an above average player with good pace so far...who knows..he needs a new coach to unblock him thats for sure

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    He really didn't struggle as much as people make it out to be.

He had plenty of assists and scored a few vital goals vs Real Madrid, Atletico (supercup and UCL QF), villareal and in Messi's absence he forged a very good partnership with Sanchez who scored 20+ goals that season
    Romans 1:19-20
    Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I want Dembele to succeed I think we'll have to evaluate what we have at the end of the season. Players like him need guidance and a manager that's good at it. Valverde is not and if he's our manager next season too it might be worth offering him + some for Hazard if he still want to play in Spain and is fine playing second fiddle(or A2) to Messi for a year or two.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not rocket science really. You cant compare Neymar and Dembele because they have slightly different roles and have different strengths and weaknesses.

Take a look at any game of Dembele during his Dortmund stint, you will see he is get off better with the free flowing football they play. Once he gets the ball, everyone starts running, making themselves available. He was utilised for his pace alot, down the flanks and for his lethal crosses. He could also pop out of nowhere, beat the offside trap and score a tap in. The Villareal and Girona game last year does show what he is good at and must be built upon.

In Barca, what do I see? Absolutely just standing and watching. The only connection I see is Dembele and Semedo as they are both direct with it. Even with their pace it's useless; if they can create something down that flank but the others are always a step behind. He is not even utlised for his pace anymore, just too restrained in the passing back and forth motion. And judging by how Semedo is not even rated in his squad, who does he connect with?

Worst of all he is thrown as a LW this year and expect to connect with Coutinho and Alba in those tight spaces, and then act surprised when he loses the ball. He cant really take advantage of Rakitic and Messi's through balls, which is extremely lethal for his pace. He is more restricted to having bring down the ball in tight spaces and lay off to Suarez, who often fail to lead to anything dangerous at all. (Not sure why he keeps trying dummies as well)

All in all, I'm seeing a very weak role for hin and a lacklustre guidance to fully exploit his strengths.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is that we are not utilizing his best asset
    Romans 1:19-20
    Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse