Joshua Kimmich

Butaan4barca

Date of birth 8 February 1995 (age 21)
Place of birth Rottweil, Germany
Height 1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)[1]
Playing position Midfielder

Excellent potential for a midfield player, i think the guy would be a huge pivot player in the near future, he plays so much like busquets.

Yannik

Kimmich for me. He looks much more mature on the pitch than Weigl imo.
Weigl is great but all the time he plays it too safe for me, Kimmich tries a lot more and his defending is also better. He's also currently played completely out of position and he does a pretty good job, although some msitakes he does show that he's not a long term solution on the defense position.

DrPepper

Weigl obviously. Kimmich will most likely fade into obscurity once the injured players all return. Doubt Ancelotti will use him much as well.

Alen

Weigl obviously. Kimmich will most likely fade into obscurity once the injured players all return. Doubt Ancelotti will use him much as well.

Well that's unfair. Would Weigl play more in Bayern' squad? We can't compare them yet until they get more regular play time(especially kimmich).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Kimmich is an immense talent. I have watched this kid for a while since he transferred to Bayern, he is top, top talent. His vision is great, so is his composure, considering how young he is. He will be one of the best midfielders in the world one day.

Yannik

Kimmich has been part of the first team since the defensive injury plague of Bayern at the start of the year.
I don't see him getting back to 3rd choice after how he has played this year. Bayern's best CB pair is Boateng and Martinez, and Kimmich although not being 100% comfortable on CB, seems like the next best option. Of course midfield is better for him but that is pretty stacked. Given his impressive polyvalence he might get a shot at RB whenever Lahm is in midfield. He can play a lot of positions and I think Pep will find a way to start him a lot more often now, even with everyone fit.

Home of Barca Fans