User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Joshua Kimmich

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are linked to him by Sport, with City being interested as well. Bayerns sporting director says he wouldn't leave for less than 50M, and his contract is expiring in 2020, so there isn't a long time before his value will drop.

I can't help but think that he is the same profile as Roberto, because they play the same positions, but I don't know if Kimmich has the higher ceiling? He sure is interesting and by now a proven quality-player, the tricky thing is if he is worth a transfersum, compared to e.g. a Goretzka on a free next summer. Semedo looks like a quality signing as well, so maybe going all after Kimmich makes less sense now..

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kimmich would come as a midfielder for sure and there he has a really high ceiling IMO.

Not happening though.
    Coutinho Aleñá
    Busquets

Make Barcelona's Midfield Great Again

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me he is a better RB than a midfidler. And I am not sure how his crosses at Bayern will adopt here. Top notch talent though.

Definitely not happening for 50m or any amount, he is not for sale and considered one of Bayern's future bedrocks.
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't rule him getting out of Bayern, he wanted out for some time IIRC and they can't keep him forever. IIRC he wants to be midfielder rather than a RB btw.
    In Barca will be in a situation very similar to Bayern IMHO, just with similar player in Roberto to make things worse. Great talent but not for us

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he's better as a RB than a mid actually, and I'm not really sure why people suggest that his "thoughts about leaving" had something to do with his position. He never suggested that he MUST play CM, or at least that he would make a move to another team dependent on where the let him play. I would actually suspect Ancelotti and the dressing room atmosphere at the end of last season as the reason why he thought of a move.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    And I am not sure how his crosses at Bayern will adopt here.
    I think he can convince at any team tbh. His "crosses" are not really like the name suggest. Someone like Douglas Costa would always bomb down the wing, then aimlessly whip in a ball into the box hoping that someone gets a foot/head to it. Kimmich's crosses usually feel more like lobbed passes and most of them don't lead to heading duels with tall defenders, but find a free man but that is of course dependent on wether a player has created space for himself.

Examples:

In crowded boxes Kimmich usually doesn't cross but opts for other variants.
    Last edited by Yannik; 30th October 2017 at 10:42 PM.