Joshua Kimmich

Yannik

Thought he was their budding star at the start of the season..what is his position these days?

Midfield, Rightback, Centerback, pick one. Plays mostly in midfield for Bayern, whereas for Germany he's a starter at RB. He can play CB, but that's not his strong suit.
Ancelotti is not really the coach to build up young players or even to rotate a lot. And Kimmich is behind Thiago, Alonso, Vidal and Müller in the pecking order in midfield, behind Hummels, Boateng and Javi in CB. RB is the best chance to break into the starting eleven: Lahm will retire by the end of the season and Rafinha/Rudy should be realistic competition.

Yannik

Given how immense he has been at RB for Germany in recent games I have my doubts wether Bayern will really go for a RB this year. He seems to become one of these good old fashioned playmaker-wingbacks and I love that.

MIXA

Let’s assume that the club has 300m to spend. Seems to be the general consensus here. I think that the board will reinvest bulk of the Neymar money back into the team. After the Neymar saga, their jobs are probably at risk so there’s no chance that they will be conservative now.

I’m hoping we manage to bring in Dembele and Coutinho. I estimate that to cost around 230m (100 for Dembele and 130 for Coutinho). That still gives an extra 70m to go and buy the midfielder which we desperately need.

Since the Verratti dream is officially dead (we can thank Neymar for that), we need to consider other options. Coutinho and Dembele will address the offensive part of the game but we need to fix the defensive part too. We need someone to control the tempo of the game. Kimmich is still very young but he has high potential. Does he have the ability to adapt his game to Barca - I guess that remains to be seen.

In my opinion, We cannot have both Rakitic and Gomes in the team. They are basically twins and there’s no point in having both when only one should be playing at a time. Rakitic is obviously better but again, he is unable to control the tempo.

As a short term solution, I would hope that Iniesta now plays the ‘Xavi’ role while Kimmich becomes his understudy – for a season at least.

Let’s assume that the club has 300m to spend. Seems to be the general consensus here. I think that the board will reinvest bulk of the Neymar money back into the team. After the Neymar saga, their jobs are probably at risk so there’s no chance that they will be conservative now.

I’m hoping we manage to bring in Dembele and Coutinho. I estimate that to cost around 230m (100 for Dembele and 130 for Coutinho). That still gives an extra 70m to go and buy the midfielder which we desperately need.

Since the Verratti dream is officially dead (we can thank Neymar for that), we need to consider other options. Coutinho and Dembele will address the offensive part of the game but we need to fix the defensive part too. We need someone to control the tempo of the game. Kimmich is still very young but he has high potential. Does he have the ability to adapt his game to Barca - I guess that remains to be seen.

In my opinion, We cannot have both Rakitic and Gomes in the team. They are basically twins and there’s no point in having both when only one should be playing at a time. Rakitic is obviously better but again, he is unable to control the tempo.

As a short term solution, I would hope that Iniesta now plays the ‘Xavi’ role while Kimmich becomes his understudy – for a season at least.

Kimmich has a contract until 2020 - and Bayern is not a selling club... - no release clause.

Enough said.

Yannik

[tw]909076634363482113[/tw]

crushing a bit him recently. He's like a wingback Kroos/Lahm hybrid.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Kimmich is a great player. Fantastic talent.

Pogba turning out good too now. Becoming the player he was hyped to be. Unlucky to be out with an injury right now.

Yannik

Dude is incredible. Biggest talent we had since Kroos and Özil.
First season at RB and already Germanys best player since his debut and arguably top 3 for Bayern.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dude is incredible. Biggest talent we had since Kroos and Özil.

Crazy thing is that I think he might be even better as a CM.

He's not getting the credit he deserves. He's not only technically amazing, but he's such a smart player too.

Albo

I hope some day he comes to Barca, unlikely but at least he likes the club and is a big fan of Xavi.

Home of Barca Fans