Paco Jemez

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Paco Jemez as we all know is a great manager of small Rayo Vallecano.

Latest interview with him on Rayo, Barca and attacking football:

2d6pbif.jpg

kdljk7.jpg

2ls8n0x.jpg

vylpx.jpg

Messi983

Nice interview. I really like Paco and his team and only wish them the best but not today of course.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Obviously some turmoil going on there in face of imminent fight for staying in Primera.

Messi983

Paco signed 3-year contract with Granada. I'm interested to see what he can do there if new owners will invest in team. Hopefully they can keep Rochina and Success and maybe get Penaranda on loan for another season but that will be harder now without connections with Pozzo family.

cly2-x4wyaa11if_630x462.jpg

Icarium

Lifestealer
It was a horrible decision to hire him in the first place. Need a pragmatist for a relegation threatening team. Not some romanticist.

khaled_a_d

It was a horrible decision to hire him in the first place. Need a pragmatist for a relegation threatening team. Not some romanticist.

Worse decision to fire him so quickly,the guy has certain ideas that worked well with another poor team for quite sometime
They have hired him anyway,build a team of players he chosen and basically fired him without giving him the chance to apply it correctly

kappa

Paco didn't do a good job. However the big story here should be that Granada also failed him. They were the worst team in La Liga in the market in summer. You don't need to spend a lot of money, but you do need to have a clear strategy and Granada had none. The Pozzo family left and took their players with them. Granada were left with a big hole to fill and they jumped into the loan market just to fill up their squad. And as luck would have it their big signing of the summer Jose Angulo tested positive for cocaine. Withe the way the promoted teams are playing it will be very hard for Granada to survive relegation unless they spend well in January.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Paco didn't do a good job. However the big story here should be that Granada also failed him. They were the worst team in La Liga in the market in summer. You don't need to spend a lot of money, but you do need to have a clear strategy and Granada had none. The Pozzo family left and took their players with them. Granada were left with a big hole to fill and they jumped into the loan market just to fill up their squad. And as luck would have it their big signing of the summer Jose Angulo tested positive for cocaine. Withe the way the promoted teams are playing it will be very hard for Granada to survive relegation unless they spend well in January.

Agreed. Also, it wasn't a good match from the getgo.
Would be very interesting to see Jemez coaching a strong team for a change.
I am very surprised he hasn't moved up yet.

El Flaco

Agreed. Also, it wasn't a good match from the getgo.
Would be very interesting to see Jemez coaching a strong team for a change.
I am very surprised he hasn't moved up yet.

I think he'll be given that chance if there's an opportunity.

But we've to wait until the next season for that (if Paco is still willing to manage a team in La Liga of course).

Paco was registrated as a Granada coach and can't coach for another La Liga side this season.

It was also this reason why Valencia couldn't get Marcelino for example btw.

vukkapor

I think he'll be given that chance if there's an opportunity.

But we've to wait until the next season for that (if Paco is still willing to manage a team in La Liga of course).

Paco was registrated as a Granada coach and can't coach for another La Liga side this season.

It was also this reason why Valencia couldn't get Marcelino for example btw.

Wow, didn't know that rule..

Home of Barca Fans