Thread: Paco Jemez

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries

Paco Jemez

Paco Jemez as we all know is a great manager of small Rayo Vallecano.

Latest interview with him on Rayo, Barca and attacking football:

Nice interview. I really like Paco and his team and only wish them the best but not today of course.

Flavia

Quote Originally Posted by Flavia View Post
    So that means he no longer wants to be at Rayo.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Obviously some turmoil going on there in face of imminent fight for staying in Primera.

Man, I really feel for him

Paco signed 3-year contract with Granada. I'm interested to see what he can do there if new owners will invest in team. Hopefully they can keep Rochina and Success and maybe get Penaranda on loan for another season but that will be harder now without connections with Pozzo family.

Flavia
    He was fired.

Lifestealer
    It was a horrible decision to hire him in the first place. Need a pragmatist for a relegation threatening team. Not some romanticist.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarium View Post
    It was a horrible decision to hire him in the first place. Need a pragmatist for a relegation threatening team. Not some romanticist.
    Worse decision to fire him so quickly,the guy has certain ideas that worked well with another poor team for quite sometime
    They have hired him anyway,build a team of players he chosen and basically fired him without giving him the chance to apply it correctly

New signing

Paco didn't do a good job. However the big story here should be that Granada also failed him. They were the worst team in La Liga in the market in summer. You don't need to spend a lot of money, but you do need to have a clear strategy and Granada had none. The Pozzo family left and took their players with them. Granada were left with a big hole to fill and they jumped into the loan market just to fill up their squad. And as luck would have it their big signing of the summer Jose Angulo tested positive for cocaine. Withe the way the promoted teams are playing it will be very hard for Granada to survive relegation unless they spend well in January.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kappa View Post
    Paco didn't do a good job. However the big story here should be that Granada also failed him. They were the worst team in La Liga in the market in summer. You don't need to spend a lot of money, but you do need to have a clear strategy and Granada had none. The Pozzo family left and took their players with them. Granada were left with a big hole to fill and they jumped into the loan market just to fill up their squad. And as luck would have it their big signing of the summer Jose Angulo tested positive for cocaine. Withe the way the promoted teams are playing it will be very hard for Granada to survive relegation unless they spend well in January.
    Agreed. Also, it wasn't a good match from the getgo.
    Would be very interesting to see Jemez coaching a strong team for a change.
    I am very surprised he hasn't moved up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    Agreed. Also, it wasn't a good match from the getgo.
    Would be very interesting to see Jemez coaching a strong team for a change.
    I am very surprised he hasn't moved up yet.
    I think he'll be given that chance if there's an opportunity.

But we've to wait until the next season for that (if Paco is still willing to manage a team in La Liga of course).

Paco was registrated as a Granada coach and can't coach for another La Liga side this season.

It was also this reason why Valencia couldn't get Marcelino for example btw.

Quote Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post
    I think he'll be given that chance if there's an opportunity.

But we've to wait until the next season for that (if Paco is still willing to manage a team in La Liga of course).

Paco was registrated as a Granada coach and can't coach for another La Liga side this season.

It was also this reason why Valencia couldn't get Marcelino for example btw.
    Wow, didn't know that rule..