When would you consider this season to be a success

When would you consider this season to be a success?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

raskolnikov

With Real and Atletico focussing on cl we really need to bring home la liga, we still have a decent enough lead.
We need to win our home matches for sure so seeing how we bounce back vs Valencia will be interesting.
If we can win a double I will still be very happy in the end.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
If RM wins the CL, the season will not be a success no matter the trophies we win. It will just be unfair and depressing.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Follow up question, do you consider the season a succes when we win a double and real wins the cl?

Why should our success depend on whether our rival club also succeeded or not? If we win a double its a big success,no matter if real wins CL or not. Yes we wouldn't be able to celebrate so much with us having a double and RM winning a CL,but this season will be a success nevertheless.

aaron101

Follow up question, do you consider the season a succes when we win a double and real wins the cl?

Lol what a stupid question. Why the hell should we depend our success on Real Madrid? Are you that obsessed with them? Let them win UCL. A season with a trophy whether It's a Liga or UCL is a success. Let's mind our own business and stop obsessing ourselves with Real Madrid. Them winning doesn't change a thing in our success this season.

BBZ8800

Lol what a stupid question. Why the hell should we depend our success on Real Madrid? Are you that obsessed with them? Let them win UCL. A season with a trophy whether It's a Liga or UCL is a success. Let's mind our own business and stop obsessing ourselves with Real Madrid. Them winning doesn't change a thing in our success this season.

Sorry, with that logic, a season like:
1. Barca=Cdr
2. Real=La Liga+CL

Or:
1. Barca=Cdr
2. Real=CL
3. Atletico=La Liga

Would have also been considered as a success?
Since, we won a trophy (Cdr, lol), so, why should we bother about our opponents?

Sports are based on rivalries.
To some extent, I understand you and Neymessi.

But at the end of the day, when you put everything on the table, if Real wins a CL, the question will be:
= dou you consider this season as a success considering that our biggest rival won the biggest possible trophy in a club football?
Especially since we won it in the last year, considering that we have Messi, considering that we have MSN, and considering that we were hailed as the best team in the world and the biggest favorites for 90% of this season?

Plus, a theoretical question, if someone offers you:
In 2017:
-- Barca will win La liga and Cdr
-- Real will again win a CL
= would you take it? (I wouldn't)

Or:
-- Barca wins a CL
-- Real wins La liga+Cdr
(I would take it)

Or:
-- Barca wins La liga+Cdr
-- Real doesn't win anything
(I would take it)

Or:
-- Barca wins La liga
-- Real doesn't win anything
(I would take it)

So, you see, a relative success in one season does have some relation with your main rival.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I stand by what I said; domestic double is a feat that doesn't happen often so I'll be more than happy if we pull it off.

CL more often than not has a lot of luck involved as proven this year too where Real was superlucky with all draws and Atlético narrowly emerged in final as well.

aaron101

I stand by what I said; domestic double is a feat that doesn't happen often so I'll be more than happy if we pull it off.

CL more often than not has a lot of luck involved as proven this year too where Real was superlucky with all draws and Atlético narrowly emerged in final as well.

Unfortunately, some cules here won't be happy with our double (hopefully we win it) IF Real wins the UCL. Maybe we shouldn't join La Liga and Copa next season and focus on UCL lol

Trickykid

Los Merengues winning the ChL again would be absolutely nauseating, but would it prevent me from enjoying a potential double? Fuck no.

Whether it's the fear of being bullied by the other kids in the playground or your merengue coworkers, I don't know, but this mindset just reeks of insecurity and a profound lack of appreciation of what ought to be important to us Barça fans, namely our own success first and foremost. Yes, rivalry is extremely important, but should never cloud our own self-belief and identity.

J

Jamie Cal

If we retain the double, which has only been done twice (regardless of the devaluation of the Copa it's an accomplishment) and learn from our mistakes come summer, I'll be plenty happy.

Home of Barca Fans