Marcus Rashford

Sorin

It's not a surprise that he's asking for more money when you consider how much United are paying Alexis Sánchez.

Then tough luck for United. Doesn't mean they should persist in doing stupid things or other teams bailing them. Rashford is a promising player but so far he hasn't been all that. Paying him what the likes of Kane, Cavani etc, you know, some of the best strikers in the world are earning, is foolish.

Last edited:

Givenchy

Then tough luck for United. Doesn't mean they should persist in doing stupid things or other teams bailing them. Rashford is a promising player but so far he hasn't been all that. Paying him what the likes of Kane, Cavani etc, you know, some of the best strikers in the world are earning, is foolish.

they gave Rashford the number 10 shirt also so i guess in his mind hes the main man now

Sorin

There's barely any strikers available of real quality, though.

Well yeah, but neither is Rashford. Rather stay put and asses the situation in the winter or next summer than sign Rashford for 40m.

Personally, I don't believe in the hype. To me, he looks to be the same player now as he was when he made his debut under Van Gaal. That's about 4 years ago if I'm not mistaken.

Havesaks

Well yeah, but neither is Rashford. Rather stay put and asses the situation in the winter or next summer than sign Rashford for 40m.

Personally, I don't believe in the hype. To me, he looks to be the same player now as he was when he made his debut under Van Gaal. That's about 4 years ago if I'm not mistaken.

I have had similar thoughts - how can it be that he plays that much And isnt improving? He has the tools but now 3-4 years later, he looks like a less special Player to me. Maybe to much pressure Ib young age wasnt good for him

Sorin

I have had similar thoughts - how can it be that he plays that much And isnt improving? He has the tools but now 3-4 years later, he looks like a less special Player to me. Maybe to much pressure Ib young age wasnt good for him

Maybe he reached his ceiling faster and this is his actual top level. It's a possibility.

Anyway, United is not going to sell him and if he'd be available for around 40m, there'd be clueless english teams like Arsenal or West Ham bidding way more than that.

jamjamjam

he's shit, has actually regressed since his breakout season but has gained a big ego during that time. can't believe his thread here is 12 pages

"dream signing" :lol:

BBZ8800

Maybe he reached his ceiling faster and this is his actual top level. It's a possibility.

True.
Majority of players will develop over time.
But with some players, already at the age of 21, 22, that's it. They have reached their full potential and they won't improve anymore.

From our former players Saviola comes to my mind, an attacker who hasn't improved at all.
Actually, his first season at Barca, aged 20, was his best.
His numbers were weaker and weaker in each new season (even though he played all the time), and after Barca, he wasn't able to impose himself in any other club.

Montoya also hasn't improved too much since the age of 20.
Bartra also hasn't improved too much since his early senior days at Barca.
Rafinha hasn't improved too much since Lucho's first season. Ok, he was injured a lot, though.
Samper...
Halilovic hasn't improved at all.
He will be 23 in a Month, and after Barca, he failed in: Gijon, Hamburg, Las Palmas, AC Milan.
He is currently on loan at Standard in Belgian league.
This season, he played 59 minutes for AC Milan in the first half of a season, and 6 matches for Standard in the 2nd half of a season.

So, I would say:
1. some youngsters improve a lot over years
2. some youngsters improve only a little after the age 20-22 (Michael Owen)
3. some youngsters stagnate and don't improve at all after the age 20-22 (Balotelli, Quaresma, Anelka)
4. some youngsters actually get worse and worse over time compared to their level aged 18-22 (Halilovic and Bojan Krkic, for example)

Last edited:

Dinho10

I am laughing his name in this forum!!!:rofl1: I will stop watching the team if Barto waste any money on this Walcott 2.0

Home of Barca Fans