Gianni Infantino

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Groups of 3 teams? That is beyond insane. What measures are there to stop 2 teams from colluding against another?

F

FlaFCB

Groups of 3 teams? That is beyond insane. What measures are there to stop 2 teams from colluding against another?

Pk shootouts in the group stage, apparently :paco:

I imagine games will be all defensive, all the smaller teams will want the shootout.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Perhaps the European Club Association should direct European Clubs to not partake in FIFA's mickey mouse Club World Cup then and actually protest it properly instead of whining about it and doing nothing.

Empty words are the worst.

khaled_a_d

Perhaps the European Club Association should direct European Clubs to not partake in FIFA's mickey mouse Club World Cup then and actually protest it properly instead of whining about it and doing nothing.

Empty words are the worst.

FIFA is the stronger association in football and Infantino is actually the UEFA guy to who ran for FIFA. He knows what European clubs are and how to make them do nothing. He knew that 48 WC will earn him small countries votes
Never mind that European clubs will benefit from it. Yeah there will be bigger chances of having more players in the world cup but consider few things
1-50% increase in NT doesn't mean 50% increase in players since Europe NT(rumored to have only 2 or 3 team increase) will be least to benefit and there will be more worse teams. expect just 10% increase from top European clubs/leagues
2-1/3 of NT will just play 2 games,another 1/3 will play only 3 games,afterwards it is just same number of games. player won't get tired that much more if at all. Just the worst teams with probably least top players plays 2 games in summer.
3-Bigger WC means smaller group qualifications,less FIFA stops and games during the year.less travel for Africa,Asia,North America and who knows might even be finally able to make SA two groups as they wanted all the way,if they managed to do the last one by 2026 (easier said than done) European clubs win this and it isn't even close.
4-More NT means more exposure in small "football" countries who are bigger in terms of population & economy,bigger chance for Canada,Indonesia,India,China,Malaysia,Pakistan etc to reach the WC from time to time which mean more popularity and exposure for the game.
In other wards everyone win from this,all but old school football fans like us.But you know what? We are already football fans and they really don't need to win us to the game,we will continue watching football one way or another and just complain on it on forums or with friends on bars.

FIFA president was never about football,it was always political situation. That is why I never hated a guy like Sepp that much,yeah FIFA was corrupted with him but it was always that way but just different era were things get more exposed and he missed with the wrong country (USA). But at least football wise he was an old school who tried to keep things simple and don't go crazy with changes he wanted to do while still being able to win the political election. By no mean he was good but I always thought things was never gonna be better after him as people thought.
Infantino is starting to prove me right,he will win politics but on expense of football even more

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

Van Basten wants to abolish the offside rule.

[tw]822121645074694144[/tw]

He has other suggestions, but this one seems the craziest to me.

Van Basten:
"I think it can be very interesting watching a game without offside. Football now is already looking a lot like handball with nine or ten defenders in front of the goal. It's difficult for the opposition to score a goal as it's very difficult to create something in the small pieces of space they give you. So if you play without offside you get more possibilities to score a goal."

I think it'd be the opposite. Defenders would camp in the box and never leave, to not have the risk of conceding. This would make the game even more defensive.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Van Basten wants to abolish the offside rule.

[tw]822121645074694144[/tw]

He has other suggestions, but this one seems the craziest to me.

Van Basten:
"I think it can be very interesting watching a game without offside. Football now is already looking a lot like handball with nine or ten defenders in front of the goal. It's difficult for the opposition to score a goal as it's very difficult to create something in the small pieces of space they give you. So if you play without offside you get more possibilities to score a goal."

I think it'd be the opposite. Defenders would camp in the box and never leave, to not have the risk of conceding. This would make the game even more defensive.

I read his suggestions.

I have a suggestion for him. Let him have his ideas and invent a new game and then let us know how many people are interested in it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Blatter and his cronies were actually better than these buffoons. That's not a compliment though.

Home of Barca Fans