Is there any way to become a virtual socio of Barça ?

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Hi all,

I was wondering if the club offers any way for non-barcelona based culés to become members or "supporters" ?

I don't want tickets, I don't even want a card, I just wanna contribute with a few bucks on a yearly basis to the club.

Though it's painful to think that this board would be the one managing it :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, board is missing out on many new members since joining outside Spain was abolished.

Vlom

Really sucks, imagine if there's 1 million fans worldwide ready to give even just 50€/year ... that'd be huge !

Do other clubs offer this option ?

Horatio

You're welcome
Really sucks, imagine if there's 1 million fans worldwide ready to give even just 50€/year ... that'd be huge !

Do other clubs offer this option ?

Maybe it is better that it's not an option. Would only increase the financial disparity of clubs even more. The biggest clubs would exponentially become bigger.

Vlom

Maybe it is better that it's not an option. Would only increase the financial disparity of clubs even more. The biggest clubs would exponentially become bigger.

May be, but it'd still be an asset against the likes of PSG/City who have zero fan base worldwide and help out genuinely historic clubs like Barça, ManU, Real etc ... face their oil/gaz money.

Also, we play at 4pm for Asia, but the money goes to LFP and smaller teams... while it's Barça playing, would be nice if the supposed fanbase we're acquiring in Asia could also participate.

Last edited:

Vlom

Well, you can get yourself a commitment card(which is required to become a soci nowadays anyway).

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/members/fidelity-card/detail/card/commitment-card

BUT....you need to be there in person to apply for it, and renew it every year.

I'll try to be at Camp Nou for the Clasico, I'll get it then if I can.

Still not good enough though, really missing out on tens of millions a year I believe.

Come on Barça ...

9e9.gif

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'll try to be at Camp Nou for the Clasico, I'll get it then if I can.

Still not good enough though, really missing out on tens of millions a year I believe.

Come on Barça ...

9e9.gif

An alternative is signing up for the Barca GamePASS, if you really, really want to contribute with something.

Otherwise that commitment card is the closest you'll get and for a reason too as already pointed out in the thread, not to forget other taxation and potential legal issues involved.

I wish Rosell didn't make it so goddamn hard to become a soci or at least hold a commitment card. Many people want to contribute and be a part of the club, but not everyone(Especially those in the Americas, Asia, Africa, Oceania) can travel to Barcelona every year to renew it.

Horatio

You're welcome
I might get the commitment card when I am in Barcelona with the aim of becoming a full member in 3 years.

Catalan Fan

I looked into the commitment card a while back and thought it was a waste of time and money personally.Just my opinion like.

I've had to stop going to home games for a while, as I've been saving for Euro 2016 but even when I start going again (maybe 2 or 3 games per season), I doubt very much I'd be able to get full membership after the 3 yr period.

Vlom

An alternative is signing up for the Barca GamePASS, if you really, really want to contribute with something.

That money goes 100% to Barça right ?

Just signed up, 30€ into neymar's renewal :D haha

Vlom

I think buying merchandising also helps.

Of course, I just bought the Orange kit from last season this morning, they were on sale :D

Though on merchandising Nike takes a cut no? Also, I enjoy having the kits so that I'm doing for me anyway, my initial idea was more about willingly puting money in Barça's pockets with nothing in return.

frog-fcb

I might get the commitment card when I am in Barcelona with the aim of becoming a full member in 3 years.

Joining a supporters club and having the penyista card for three years will also entitle you to become a socio it was announced about a month ago.
Also i think real madrid has something for international members

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/fans/madridistas/international

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans