0 0%
  • Jamaica

0 0%
  • Panama

1 5.88%
Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Copa America 2016 - Centenario!

Copa America 2016 - Centenario!

Will one of MSN Conquer America in the biggest Copa America ever?

For the final 8 groups A & B cross over and groups C & D cross over.

So potentially we can have a Leo vs Luis battle or a Bravo vs Luis.

Groups are set up nicely for the best possible teams to get out of their groups, no surprise there as they want the stadiums sold out.

Final 8 should have USA, Colombia, Brazil, Ecuador/Peru, Mexico, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile.
    Last edited by barcanuck; 22nd February 2016 at 05:15 PM.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Messi. If they sack Tata

Previously known as Mehssi
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    Messi. If they sack Tata
    That, and play Dybala & Correa !
    The Internet is full of tribute videos with some version of the title "Messi doesn't dive" a trait rare in a sport where players roll around on the ground like gunshot victims when an opponent so much as breathes on them.

Theories abound about why Messi won't fall, about his character or his respect for the game, but I think it's much simpler. If he dives, he loses the ball.

Best midfielder around

Higuain will choke again with Dybala sitting on the bench. I just know it. His Napoli form doesn't mean shit to me, he's a different player for Argentina.

Uruguay can get far with that Godin-Gimenez partnership and Suarez in the form of his life. Chile without Sampaoli? Meh. Brazil? Lol. You wouldn't think one of those NT's could get a worse coach than Tata, but they're close.

All in all, I hope for a Uruguay-Argentina final. Suarez vs. Messi with Messi finally getting some silverware for his NT.
    Last edited by ThwiX; 22nd February 2016 at 07:57 AM.
    #TeamDybala

I doubt Brazil will even send a full strength side. Just send the Olympic team and a few players on the brink of a call up. I know Neymar wants to play both this and the Olympics but he shouldn't.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Group A is close

Argentina have so many strikers but lack players in midfield. In striker position they have Aguero, Higuain, Correa, Vietto and Dybala. I wonder when will Icardi get his chance.

I think this is last chance for Messi to win something with NT at least from "The men role". I don't see this team reaching again the World cup final in Russian.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    I think this is last chance for Messi to win something with NT at least from "The men role". I don't see this team reaching again the World cup final in Russian.
    Messi is only 28. He still has 1 or maybe 2 Copa America in him. Dybala will be world class striker by then.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron101 View Post
    Messi is only 28. He still has 1 or maybe 2 Copa America in him. Dybala will be world class striker by then.
    I don't get why people think that Dybala will be an important factor of the Russia WC.He had prime Aguero and Di Maria by his side in Brazil,but they failed to perform.

Brazil didn't win the 2006 tournament,even though they had a team full of legends,so i don't see how Dybala can make such a difference.

What Argentina needs is Tata and most of the old players to leave ASAP.If they do that,they barely have time to build a team that will be favourite in 2018.
    Last edited by bismp; 22nd February 2016 at 12:17 PM.
    The official Barcaforum 2016/17 MotM thread

"At Barcelona, you’ll hear about this kid on the youth team. He wears number 10 like you. He’s small like you. He plays with the ball like you.[...]His name is Leo Messi.[...]I want you to give him one piece of advice.

Tell him, “Play with happiness. Play free. Just play with the ball.”

Even when you are gone, the free style will live on in Barcelona through Messi."

Ronaldinho Gaucho,to his 8 year old self

Is Messi even playing in this? I was under the impression Tata will not take a full strength squad. In fact I read most of the other South American coaches mention they will used this as an opportunity to test out youngsters.

President of FC Barcelona
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilFan View Post
    Is Messi even playing in this? I was under the impression Tata will not take a full strength squad. In fact I read most of the other South American coaches mention they will used this as an opportunity to test out youngsters.
    I think you've got this and the Olympics mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BrazilFan View Post
    Um Wutt?? That was the Olympics. Of course he is playing this.

I was under the impression that most of the South American coaches wasn't taking this Copa seriously. I figure Tata would do the same. I know I read Chile and Paraguay might test out youngsters and Dunga might used the Olympic team.

Argentina are my favorites here.. Brazil was too till I saw the line up for Copa.. A lot star players missing, specially the fact Neymar won't be there means trouble for Brazil.. I'll support Brazil also but doubt they will do anything..

MES QUE UN CLUB