• Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jamaica

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chainsaw

Killahead
Quarter final and semi final matches which end in a draw will go straight to penalty kicks (same as last year) with the only final going to extra-time and if needed, penalty kicks. However, in the final, should a match go to extra-time, team's will be allowed a fourth substitute.

A new rule being implemented is that abusive language will result in a penalty being awarded to the other team. Video replays have also been introduced to the tournament.

Weaker teams just park the bus and defend for 90 minutes and then try your luck on the penalties. Perfect! :rolleyes:

Also lol at the abusive language will result in a penalty. Just change the name of the tournament to Penales de America. :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Abusive language? It's fucking football. Testosterone level rising, adrenaline pumping, things are gonna be said in heat of the moment that players normally don't mean.

What do they want? Ballet?

F

Flavia

It's abusive language towards the ref, and it seems they have to happen while inside the box.

Chainsaw

Killahead
As if the South American refs weren't shit enough. Now they have an extra excuse to be even shittier: "That player called me a 'Meanie head'. That's a penalty!"

F

Flavia

As if the South American refs weren't shit enough. Now they have an extra excuse to be even shittier: "That player called me a 'Meanie head'. That's a penalty!"
Yeah, I'm actually curious to how will this pan out. It has the potential to be hilarious.

Catalan Fan

There will be some high scoring games then !

Although I do agree refs take a lot of shit from players, but quite often they bring it on themselves with rubbish decisions.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Can't believe how bad the whole tournament is set up for us Europeans. I will have to turn around my sleeping schedule completely if I want to watch it. It is fucked up.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Compared to every other tournment? LOL

Because we are the biggest audience. Fair enough, it's a bit different with a Copa America since there's no European teams, but it should be possible to at least schedule it so the popular NTs like Argentina play earlier. They know a shitload of people follow players like Messi etc. It's disgusting that all their games are played in the middle of the night over here.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Stadium is so empty. Awkward..

Filling more up now.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Because we are the biggest audience. Fair enough, it's a bit different with a Copa America since there's no European teams, but it should be possible to at least schedule it so the popular NTs like Argentina play earlier. They know a shitload of people follow players like Messi etc. It's disgusting that all their games are played in the middle of the night over here.

Come on, this is way too Euro-centric. People from other parts of the world can wake up in the middle of the night to watch games, so can the Europeans if they want to. Plus this is Copa America, intended for audience in first and foremost the Americas.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is kind of odd but also heart-warming to see Jurgen Klinsmann singing the star-spangled banner. Who would have thought back in the 90's that the German football hero would become an American soccer legend 20 years later?

Home of Barca Fans