15 - Andreas Christensen

xXKonan

Yeah, Christensen is a lot better than Rüdiger. Anyone at this point should be submitting 20m bids because Chelsea opbviously have no clue what's going on.
I read that they also want another CB after they get Rudiger.

I think what Conte wants is two players for every position that can help cope with the EPL and Europe. but I can't see Christensen sticking around though, He's made it clear several times he wants to play a lot if he comes back and with Chelsea targeting Rudiger and another CB I can't see him staying.

BarçaBarça

I read that they also want another CB after they get Rudiger.

I think what Conte wants is two players for every position that can help cope with the EPL and Europe. but I can't see Christensen sticking around though, He's made it clear several times he wants to play a lot if he comes back and with Chelsea targeting Rudiger and another CB I can't see him staying.

Although, he skipped U21 euros to be in Chelsea summer start-up, so he is really betting on Chelsea. I hope you are right though, and we have at least some scouting-reports on him. He is good enough to be 3rd-option, imo - that would secure him a decent amount of games, as I see it.

xXKonan

Although, he skipped U21 euros to be in Chelsea summer start-up, so he is really betting on Chelsea. I hope you are right though, and we have at least some scouting-reports on him. He is good enough to be 3rd-option, imo - that would secure him a decent amount of games, as I see it.
I remember us being link with Andreas a year ago during our search for a CB but Chelsea weren't willing to part with him.

I think it was mentioned in this thread or somewhere on this site that Laudrup, recommended him to us. He certainly has all the tools that we need from a CB to be effective here.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Other than one silly mistake in the first half, he was excellent in the centre of the back 3 against Spurs. Composed, kept the defence organised and some nice passing out from the back. He's way too good for the bench, he should be playing alongside Luiz and Azpi in our best team.

BarçaBarça

Has effectively knocked Luiz out of the team, who was their expensive buy and master-CB in the champions-season.

Quite impressive, he is going to be in the world elite of centerbacks.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He's just a lot more sensible than Luiz, and a better defender. Luiz is a more talented footballer but his antics aren't working this season like they did last, we're better off having somebody solid in the middle who also has the ability to play the ball well. I don't see this necessarily being a permanent thing, but he's definitely good enough to be our starting defender.

Such a good defender, and he played very well today minus the odd hiccup. So cool and calm under pressure for somebody so young.

Yannik

Has effectively knocked Luiz out of the team, who was their expensive buy and master-CB in the champions-season.

Quite impressive, he is going to be in the world elite of centerbacks.

Tbf, knocking Luiz out of the team isn't exactly noteworthy. Christensen is nonetheless a fantastic CB, might be one of the best in the world in the next 2 years if he keeps it up.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Conte has confirmed Luiz was dropped for playing bad and that he doesn't know if he has a Chelsea future. Christensen should start all the games now.

I guess when you are talented enough you can make it as a youth product. First one since Terry, hopefully a future captain too.

Trickykid

Looks like he's a regular in the heart of the Chelsea defense now, and rightfully so, as he's playing incredibly well. I'm honestly surprised it went this fast, but he's so smart that his somewhat lanky physique doesn't seem to give him any problems in the fabled tough EPL.

At 21 his potential is up there with the best of them...

Trickykid

[tw]942801639035064321[/tw]

I know, I know - safe, defensive passes the vast majority of course, but still impressive.
Him alongside Umtiti is a soaking wet dream of mine. That train has passed, sadly :(

BarçaBarça

Him alongside Umtiti is a soaking wet dream of mine. That train has passed, sadly :(

And right away we would have the worlds best defence, not even kidding.

Just renewed his contract till 2022 today.

I can sort of see why, with all the trust he gets from Conte, even though the accomplishment is fully his own. Chelsea is a club that has the shot at the title continuously and pretty much guaranteed CL from now on. But I still find it a bit odd that he chose Chelsea, when you think of their success-rate in bringing up youngsters, and also barring in mind that most Danes are United or Liverpool-fans, when it comes to the Premier League. Sadly for us he wasn't a blaugrana from the start, I believe he would inevitably make it here as well, if he had chosen us.

Home of Barca Fans