15 - Andreas Christensen

Trickykid

2A6A468100000578-3156144-image-a-64_1436545738915.jpg

Full name: Andreas Bødtker Christensen
Nationality: Danish
Height: 1,88
Position(s): CB, RB and in a pinch DM
Foot: right
Club: Borussia Mönchengladbach (on a two year loan from Chelsea)

Despite starting the season with a couple of bad games, he's bounced back under their new coach and is now playing well for Mönchengladbach, being a key figure in their central defense at only 19 years of age. His highlights have been a brilliant performance in their 3-1 win over Bayern München and his recent two goal game against Werder Bremen. His lows were two bad games against Dortmund and a thrashing at the hands of Leverkusen, and of course a few other less then stellar games throughout the season.

He's a tall, lanky defender who's good on the ball, very composed (especially considering his age) and has good passing skills. His heading game is good, but he should probably consider bulking up a bit in order to better bully opponents in the air.
His main position is CB, but used to play RB and even CDM during his youth years at Brøndby and Chelsea.

Despite his age, he has 21 u21 caps and 2 senior caps for Denmark, and he's bound to be a key figure under new coach Hareide.

Because of the Zouma injury and Terry probably leaving, there are strong rumours that Chelsea will try to recall him after this season, a year before his loan deal expires. However there is no deal in the contract letting them cut the length short, so it's up to Mönchengladbach if they will let him go early. They themselves have publicly stated that they will try to convince Chelsea to sell him to them and make his stay permanent.

Anyhow, I think this is one to look out for in the near future. I can't name many under 20 CBs looking a promising as this one.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Cheers for the heads up.
Just how many underaged kids have Chelski signed in recent years and ruined?

Christensen is among lucky ones to have made it even if on loan.

navidjaan

Really great talent with potential to be a top European CB for sure, but I doubt we'll be getting him in the near future because he has a similar profile like Pique, whom we already have a similar profile of at the first team (Bartra) and the B team (Tarin). Nevertheless, as a Dane, Christensen's progress at BMG is very uplifting.

Trickykid

Really great talent with potential to be a top European CB for sure, but I doubt we'll be getting him in the near future because he has a similar profile like Pique, whom we already have a similar profile of at the first team (Bartra) and the B team (Tarin). Nevertheless, as a Dane, Christensen's progress at BMG is very uplifting.

Yeah, I agree. Despite their regular less than commendable loan policy where money seems to be the goal, I also can't see Chelsea selling him considering the CB trouble they're facing.

Trickykid

Rumors coming out of Germany that Mönchengladbach are preparing a 15M euros offer for him. I can't imagine Chelsea will accept.

xXKonan

According to Corriere dello Sport Chelsea could sell him along with Patrick Bamford, Dominic Solanke, Nathan Aké to raise additional funds for the transfer window.

Nathan Ake and Christensen have been doing well and could be great buys for anyone willing to shell out the cash.

Would be a Chelsea like thing to do and could backfire down the line.

Last edited:

Trickykid

According to Corriere dello Sport Chelsea could sell him along with Patrick Bamford, Dominic Solanke, Nathan Aké to raise additional funds for the transfer window.

Would be a Chelsea like thing to do and could backfire down the line.

That would be absolutely retarded, their current CB situation in mind.

xXKonan

That would be absolutely retarded, their current CB situation in mind.
Nothing about this doesn't surprise me anymore.

They bought Matt Miazga from MLS during the January transfer window but he hasn't been used at all. Their best CB is 35(Turns 36 years old this year), Ivanović can get away being so Diabolical bad while Baba Rahman makes one mistake he's benched for good.

It's Hilarious really, Chelsea has some Talented Defenders and it's really a waste to see them being benched or loaned out to Obscurity.

Trickykid

Starting tonight in new national coach Hareide's debut. Looks like he's playing a 3 man defense like Christensen is used to from Mönchengladbach.

Home of Barca Fans