Virgil van Dijk

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Virgil van Dijk is Dutch defender playing for Southampton.

nbuovs.jpg

DoB: 8 July 1991.
Position: central defender

I noticed this excellent player in Celtic and can't believe no bigger club than Southampton came after him.

Some stat comparison with John Stones

w1eb7t.jpg

Horatio

You're welcome
[MENTION=2]Bojan[/MENTION]

I made the remark because he is in the Barcelona players section. ^^

JamDav1982

Seen him a lot in SPL and it was hard to really gauge how good he was as he blatantly cruised through games in a poor league and that lead to a few fuck ups as well.

Dont really blame no big big teams going for him as couldnt really tell how good he was and he was often quite poor in europe for Celtic and didnt look interested.

Cant see him being anywhere close to Barca standard at moment or for what he has shown in career.

xXKonan

Southampton started off the First half of the season in poor form compared to a season ago, I mean it's easily to explain as they had sold some of their best players in the past couple of seasons. From what I've read Virgil Van Dijk, despite the team struggling a bit he's been on form and performed well.

The team has improved a lot since the first part of the season and he's been great. not sure if he's Barca Quality yet but nonetheless he has been a rock for Southampton.

JamDav1982

What did Stones and Laporte show in their careers? Or Pique

What has Van Dijk shown? What relevance do Stones and Laporte have to Van Dijk?

Tell me what you think Van Dijk brings to be good enough for Barca.

Not even sure why you mentioned Pique.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What has Van Dijk shown? What relevance do Stones and Laporte have to Van Dijk?

Tell me what you think Van Dijk brings to be good enough for Barca.

Not even sure why you mentioned Pique.

:facepalm:

Relevance is Stones or Laporte are on Barca wish list.

I mentioned Pique (when signed) because it was you who introduced random metric (as per usual) "show in their careers"

JamDav1982

:facepalm:

Relevance is Stones or Laporte are on Barca wish list.

I mentioned Pique because it was you who introduced random metric (as per usual) "show in their careers"

Irrespective of who else is being linked to Barca Van Dijk is not good enough in my opinion. Nor may Laporte or Stones but that is irrelevant when discussing Van Dijk.

Pique proved plenty in his career. If you cant see it then fair enough I will leave it at that.

Home of Barca Fans