Virgil van Dijk

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, John Stones for 50m certainly turned out to be great.

Let's sign this guy for 60m now.

Come on man....

Yannik

I wouldn't really trust english teams overspending on defenders. Every year there's this new big thing that has done well in the league, and then everyone wants to throw their monies at him.
Go for proven options rather than these adventurous experiments.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Since all the CBs Chelsea are looking are will cost an arm and a leg they should just sign him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Since all the CBs Chelsea are looking are will cost an arm and a leg they should just sign him.

Just sign someone from Germany or France. Like Jonathan Tah.

Will cost less and a chance will turn out better too.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I remember the time period we were looking for CB's and even linked with a couple of WC ones and younger CB's who were already at big clubs who weren't willing to sell. (2012-2014). Can't say I really enjoyed that time, we eventually ended up with Verm and Mathieu, one was useful despite being old and the other one spent most of the season out injured and was inconsistent and couldn't keep himself fit much.

I learned that at times you're better off looking for young CB's that are under the radar or not at huge clubs that have a lot of potential and are relatively cheap. It goes to saying if PSG can find their own Marquinhos, why not us as well?

Robert and our scouts get some stick but they did a pretty good job in finding and giving us Marlon and Umtiti, who both fit like a glove. and Santiago Bueno, he's looked good with Uruguay's U-20 team and gives you a glimpse at what we can expect at Barca.

We secured a first option deal on Yerry Mina, who's considered one of the best CB's in the Brazilian league and we nearly signed Davinson Sanchez for a mere 5 Million Euros as well and he's making a name for himself at Ajax.

I like our strategy a lot now. it sure beats trying to target unrealistic targets.

Home of Barca Fans